[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't desktop threads allowed here anymore? ODT's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: noodle.jpg (523KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
noodle.jpg
523KB, 1920x1280px
Why aren't desktop threads allowed here anymore?

ODT's are gone and any new thread somebody makes is deleted within the day and the author is banned.

wallpaper because I'm a law-abiding citizen
>>
>>6701510
because the mod doesn't like them duh
>>
>>6701510
because there's a rogue mod that can't even read the fucking sticky
>>
File: stair.jpg (443KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
stair.jpg
443KB, 2048x1365px
Hiro pls wake up and continue the great reformation.
We need to put mods on leashes
>>
File: 1463614866532.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463614866532.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
just go to /g/ or /b/ where they also have those threads
>>
File: jazzco.jpg (418KB, 1900x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jazzco.jpg
418KB, 1900x1080px
>>6701557
they're banned on /g/ now and /b/ is only for edgy teenagers.
>>
>>6701557
they're banned on /g/ and /w/ too
there usually is one in /trash/ but it's a circlejerk of three people spamming anime images, not desktops

FUCK THE MODS
FUCK THE MODS
FUCK THE MODS
>>
>>6701510
the faggot mods could post anonymously and direct people to the homescreen thread when they try to start a desktop thread.
>>6696976

or they could just ban them and suck dick.
>>
First they took the /g/desktops and I were silent

Then they came for /wg/desktops and I were silent

Finally when they came for me at /w/desktops I realized no one was left to stand for me
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (308KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
308KB, 1280x1024px
>>
>>6701510
I have to go to reddit now if I want to have new ideas about desktop design.
Beside the circlejerkers, desktop threads were a great source of inspirations.
>>
>>6701848
Reddit desktops aren't new or interesting though
>>
>>6701849
seriously fuck this whole situation. the desktop threads were the primary draw of this place for me. I don't want to get inspirations from the nu-males at leddit.
>>
You guys brought this on yourself, you cluttered up /g/ and just posted the same shit over and over again.
Now the dumbfucks that would keep posting anime pics ruined it on /wg/ and they keep trying to get the "last word" in by making more threads and bumping it with anime pics and using their go to argument ">anime website". WTF is this shit https://archive.nyafuu.org/wg/thread/6661442/
Also can't forget when there were 3-4 desktop threads at a time a few weeks ago on this board
>>
>>6701849
neither is anything you post but that doesn't stop you
>>
>>6701944
In reality though, that was only five or six shitposters out of the whole group.
They were the ones who fucked everybody else over because they weren't getting enough (you)s
>>
>>6701944
moron
>>
>>6701557
ayyyy I love Bjork
>>
>>6701510
>no more desktop threads
Good.
>>
>>6702401
coming from the /g/ user who doesn't even use this board, literally who cares
>>
current desktop thread: owned
someone going to attempt to make a new one?
>>
>>6702417
Lmao no one here wants to see your shitty desktops.
Fuck off back to /reddit/
>>
>>6702445
go back to /v/reddit i mean /g/
>>
>>6702471

Never give up

Fight to the death
>>
>>6702473
We already have a desktop thread you fucking idiot. Stop spamming.
>>
>>6702557
where?
>>>/g/
>>
>>6702558
>>6702190
Idiot.
>>
>>6702578
that's for cell phones
>>
>>6702579
Cellphones are computers.

We don't need 7 desktop threads, either post your desktop in the current desktop thread or fuck off. No one wants your shitty spam.
>>
not getting any more yous lad
you don't even use this board anyway, go back to /g/ already
>>
@6702586
>#

>>>/reddit/
>>
lol irony
>>
Windows kid here looking to dive into Linux.
I see you guys using Arch Linux all the time. Why is that and is there a specific download I should grab of it with the least bloat?
>>
>>6702936

>arch linux
>bloat
kek
>>
>>6702936
Install Ubuntu you fucking idiot, don't use arch as your first distro.
>>
>>6703303
Why not?
>>
Wait they are banned here too? What the fuck?
>>
>>6703359
They're not banned, people just kept spamming it.

>>6702190
>>
that's a phone thread laddie
>>
>>6703319
Because, seriously, Arch is a very hard and timesinking distro. You'll give one or two weeks for customizing it, if you're eager to it.
For a better start you can go with Ubuntu or Mint. Howewer if you really want to look into Arch, don't go with original first. Look for Manjaro or Antergos.
>>
I actually dont understand why these arent allowed.

>4) We already have a Desktop thread
~ ~ (ALL desktops, rating, and theme/hax questions)

If the mod keeps deleting them, then we never have one.
>>
>>6703880
It's not a time sink at all if you install a DE. However it does require that you know what you're doing when installing it.
>>
is there a way to change degraded (yellow) and bad (red) colors in i3blocks?
>>
>>6703319
>>6703880

I gotta agree with this anon. I used Ubuntu for about two years & I'm literally one of the biggest technological retards out there. It's incredibly user friendly, & you'll not be wasting time figuring shit out. Mint is cool, too. My boy uses it & that's what I played around with before Ubuntu.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.