[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best multiplayer games to play with someone who doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: kirbys-dream-course-06.png (260KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kirbys-dream-course-06.png
260KB, 640x480px
Best multiplayer games to play with someone who doesn't usually play games (parent, girlfriend, young kid, etc)?
>>
Kirby's Dream Course
NBA Jam
Sanrio World Smash Ball!
Mario Kart
>>
Any Mario Party on N64
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
>>
>>4259543
Mario Kart
racing games in general
sports games in general (if they're a fan of that sport)
Bomberman
>>
>>4259602
>>4259609
>>4259612
Why does none of these excite me? Like, I know I will just pick them up, play one round, and move to the next game. Not looking for an answer, just sharing it out there. That these games should be "immortal", like chess, but it's more like they're confined to their epochs or something.
>>
Smash Bros. is very easy to pick up and play as long as you don't go tourneyfag on them.

Mario Party, Mario Kart and the various Mario sports games are also a safe choice.

Competitive matching puzzle games like Puyo Puyo and Puzzle Fighter can be fun, since everyone has experience with Tetris/Candy Crush.

The Kirby games that allow co-op are also great for this.
>>
>>4260012
>Competitive matching puzzle games like Puyo Puyo and Puzzle Fighter can be fun, since everyone has experience with Tetris/Candy Crush.
This is what I'd recommend, especially after reading >>4260005. Puzzle games are probably the most accessible and timeless games out there.
>>
>>4260005
Because you're supposed to be playing with friends.
>>
Conker's Bad Fur Day and Donkey Kong 64 are really fun in multiplayer.
Kart racers are always fun with friends.
Some sports games like international superstar soccer or wayne gretzky 3d hockey are also really fun and easy enough to play.
Arcade games like Snow Bros or Pang 3 are also fantastic.
>>
>>4260012

>Smash Bros. is very easy to pick up and play as long as you don't go tourneyfag on them.
I hate people keep saying this. No, smash bros is not easy to pick and play. It's one of the hardest fighting games for anyone to play. There is too much air movement and casual people have a hard time performing smash attacks. It may also be too caotic for first time players. Fighting games like street fighter or mortal kombat are way easier to pick and play as you just have to move left and right and smash smash some buttons. None of this works in smash.
>>
>>4260031

kay dude, relax. Lots of people have had fun playing Smash without knowing anything about video games in my personal experience
>>
>>4260018
Tetris and Puyo Puyo I don't know if I would recommend. If you see what a Tetris pro can do then a casual would be in despair. Especially because they assume it is a simple casual game.

Puyo Puyo is just brutal if you face someone who knows how to combo and you don't and worst of all, there's nothing to really fight it if you're casual.
>>
Hyaku no Sekai no Monogatari aka The Hundred World Story for the Famicom is a good one. It's a competitive JRPG where you try to get more treasure and experience than the other players, and interfere with their quests if necessary. JP only but there's a fan translation.
>>
Tony Hawk Pro Skater tag maybe
>>
>>4260039
Well any competitive game will be a shitfest if it's a pro going up against a casual. Puzzle games are pretty easy to pick up though, and there's plenty of options out there if OP already has experience with Puyo or Puzzle Fighter. There's also Panel de Pon, Dr. Mario, Magical Drop, and Puzzle Bobble.
>>
File: 1486423161299.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486423161299.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>4259543
Dreamcast:
Power Stone
Power Stone 2
Chu Chu Rocket
Dead or Alive 2
Tech Romancer
Cannon Spike
Zero Gunner 2
Rush 2049
Unreal Tournament
Outtrigger
Tony Hawk 2
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.