[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you ever own one of those games that have attained infamy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Did you ever own one of those games that have attained infamy online? What did you think of it at the time?
>>
I had Bubsy 3D and ET as a kid (ET being a hand me down from dad along with his Atari 2600). I despised Bubsy even back then but I did like ET
>>
>>4254823

I rented Superman 64 back when it was new if that counts.

I thought it was awful even back then
>>
Quest 64 and Superman 64. I didn't really like them, but I thought that was because I wasn't gud.
>>
Not online infamy, but I own one of Jack Thompsons favorites, Panty Raider. I was lucky enough to find a used copy at EB Games in the early 00's.
>>
>>4254823

Bubsy3D isn`t actually that horrifying, you gotta get used to the tank controls and it isn`t that pleasing to look at with its floating platform levels. Also Bubsy fucking always the same comments... But playable
>>
Shaq fu was $70 brand new
>>
>>4254889
I liked Quest 64
>>
>>4254889

Quest 64 is awesome.
>>
>>4254823
I got OoT shortly after it came out, pretty fun game, not sure why so many people shit on it
>>
>>4254954
I got a copy at a thrift store for 3.99. I think I was ripped off but at least I can say I have a copy of Shaq-Fu. It truly is a horrible game. I think the only game I've had more of a problem was the Justice League fighting game on SNES.
>>
>>4254823
I own a black label FF7 and collectors edition OOT.

>>4254889
Quest 64 wasn't bad, it just wasn't very good either. Superman 64...yeah.
>>
I used to play Bubsy 3D. I actually liked that game
>>
>>4255329
They probably mean the original, which is infamous for causing the video game crash of 1992. Nintendo recalled almost all copies, patched them and rereleased a better version years later. You can tell which one you have by checking if it's a gold cartridge.
>>
Friday the 13th was too hard for me as a kid but all the negative publicity it got in the 2000s led me to going back and finding it to be fairly playable

Transformers Mystery of Convoy is a fairly sweet game too even if it is an inferior clone of that macross game

Spirit of Speed was a game that I actually really wanted to like at release but it didn't take very long at all to realize it was worthless
>>
File: 2210108-box_tomba2[1].png (1MB, 818x960px) Image search: [Google]
2210108-box_tomba2[1].png
1MB, 818x960px
Too scared to talk about this game anywhere on this site
>>
>>4256159
I would really prefer if you'd be quiet.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.