[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How loud and noticeable is the electromagnetically-excited acoustic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 102968-834 - crt.jpg (81KB, 494x661px) Image search: [Google]
102968-834 - crt.jpg
81KB, 494x661px
How loud and noticeable is the electromagnetically-excited acoustic noise and vibration of your CRT supposed to be? My CRT emits this high-frequency coil whine that really gets on my nerves when i focus on it. Also when I move my head in a certain direction, it gets less noticeable. Should I just ignore it? I don't wanna give up on the benefits of crt gaming.
>>
>>4253163
Well, the horizontal scanning frequency of the electron gun is about 15khz, which is well within the range of normal human hearing. If it bothers you, I suggest turning up the volume or using headphones.
>>
A house isn't a home without CRT ring. PVMemes have shielded cases that also muffle the flyback a bit though.
>>
>>4253163
PAL/NTSC TV's whine is very noticeable at ~15kHz, PC CRTs have much higher line frequencies outside the audible range.
>>
>>4253163
Sounds like you can hear some really high harmonics. Congrats on not damaging your hearing!
>>
Unless it's excessively loud, ignore it. If it seems louder than it should be, it could be because the flyback potting has deteriorated. Not much you can do about that other than shimming it to stop some of the vibration. The coils could be another source of whine. It may also be a good idea to check for a corona leak.
>>
>>4253163
Your CRT is fucked.
>>
>>4253163
You didn't grow up with CRTs, did you?
I can't heart them unless I think about it, like "You are now breathing manually." kind of thing, you could say "You now hear the CRT." and then I'd notice it.
It's one of those things I actually miss, a running CRT in any room makes the feeling so much better. I remember I could tell if a CRT was running in the house just by listening, even when I was on another floor.

Unless your CRT really is broken. It's hard to say by just a post if your CRT is too noisy or is it normal.
>>
i used to think i had jedi superpowers that allowed me to hear TVs. found out that everyone could hear CRT TVs..
>>
>>4253163
>How loud and noticeable
It wasn't loud or noticeable to me because I'm not a faggot.
>>
>>4254138
Yeah, undamaged hearing is for fags!
>>
>>4253752
>>4253241
>that cozy 15khz to 14khz dip when changing channels
>>
>>4254204
The worst is the death screech some CRTs make when displaying a full yellow image
>>
I degauss for fun.
>>
>>4253163
My Panasonic is quiet as fuck. Displays N64 like a champ. Feelsgoodman
>>
CRT presbycusis set in around age 17 for me.
>>
>>4253163

I would love to hear the sound the CRT in OP's pic makes when you hit the degauss button.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.