[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone try to run pic related through WINE? Graphically and gameplay-wise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: b_1_q_0_p_0 (1).jpg (84KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
b_1_q_0_p_0 (1).jpg
84KB, 953x953px
Anyone try to run pic related through WINE?
Graphically and gameplay-wise it works perfectly, but the voice acting and sound effects are super choppy.
Is there any way to fix this or is this just a wine thing? I'm using the latest version by the way.
>>
Why has nobody bothered to make a Linux port yet? It already has the bulk of the work done (opengl video).
>>
>>4250572
The original deus ex seems to only be popular on 4chan for some reason.
I've never really seen it being discussed anywhere else despite winning GOTY.
Anyway, does this issue happen with you too?
It happens on both my arch desktop and my mac
>>
>>4250568
Use an older version of wine. I never had this issue under wine.

>>4250586
>only popular on 4chan

Hahaha.
>>
>>4250637
What version do you have installed?
>>
>>4250586
because other forums have reddit tier taste (and V became what it hated)
>>
>>4250586
No idea, but I'll tell you how Invisible War works as that's next on my to-beat list after I finish FO2.
>>
>>4251198
FO2 works in wine? I tried running it on 1.9 wine but that didn't work so well.
>>
>>4251218
If you're referring to fallout 2 I tried the GOG version about a year ago and it worked fine on whatever the latest wine version was then
>>
>>4250568

According to WineHQ's appdb, it looks like 1.9.19 is a good choice. 1.5.24 might be better, a guy with Steam GOTY gave it platinum.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=186

Always hit up the AppDB if you're having trouble getting something to work in Wine.
>>
>>4250572
because the unreal engine 1 source code is not free software
>>
>>4251587

That didn't stop Loki from porting Unreal Tournament 1 and Rune, both Unreal Engine 1 games, to Linux.
>>
>>4250568
Is Deus Ex the game with that one level where you have to climb a fence at some military base?

Fuck that level.
>>
>>4250650
None currently. I last played DX on wine about 3-4 years ago. Try versions from that time period.
>>
>>4250568
>>4250572
>Loonix is for gayming.

That's not what stallmen said. Games aren't free. It's a huge contradiction. Most /g/ shills hate gamers too.
>>
>>4251882
Stallman didn't make Loonix so he should STFU
>>
>>4251882

His kind of free isn't about pricetags.
>>
>>4250568
are you running it in a 32b wine prefix? bugs in old games are more common if you use the default 64b prefix. I finished the steam version using wine last year w/o noticing any bugs.
>>
>>4251882
Actually there are games with libre code, and also RMS said that even though games aren't free, at least you are playing them on a free operating system, which is better than if you were playing nonfree games on a nonfree OS.
>>
>>4251671
it probably doesn't even run today since glibc has seen so many changes

i'm not even sure the linux port of doom builds and the binary doesn't run

besides, what if i want to play it on openbsd?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.