[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of this? I get that there are lots of original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: everdrive-n8-nes.jpg (70KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
everdrive-n8-nes.jpg
70KB, 800x800px
What's the point of this? I get that there are lots of original hardware fans, but this shit isn't the original hardware. It's a modern device simulating original hardware. At this point why not just emulate? What does this thing give you that an emulator doesn't, especially an emulator that can output an identical 240p signal, such as a Wii?
>>
>>4247691
It gives you a real NES, which is what does the actual processing of the pure data in the rom on the cart.

inb4 mappers
>>
>It's a modern device simulating original hardware
It's just a way to load ROMs, but the NES itself is doing all the work, i.e., it's original hardware.
It's not too different than having a multi-rom carts, which were common back in the 90s.
A "modern device simulating original hardware" would be the Retron consoles. You can slam your original carts in it, but it's emulation.
>>
>>4247691
You don't seem to understand what a flashcart does. For all intents and purposes, the console thinks it's running a real cartridge. Being that the only thing we care about on the cartridge is the ROM (and a couple other chips that are described by the FPGA), the gameplay experiences should be functionally identical. In that regard, it's no different than playing burned discs on original hardware.
>>
>>4247694
>>4247695
>>4247696
Not with the NES. The Everdrive emulates the mapper chips which are present in the majority of original cartridges.
>>
Because computers are for masturbating
>>
>>4247705
"Describes" is more accurate than "emulates," since we're talking about FPGA here, and it's a rather important distinction.
>>
>>4247705
Pretty much the only thing mappers do is to literally map the locations of the rom data. They also generate interrupts in slightly different ways from game to game but that's not exactly a very complex thing for modern hardware to do. It doesn't even amount to 1% of the processing done by the console.
>>
>>4247691
Because it's cheaper than buying the games. If there was a cheap knockoff NES that could play the games 100% perfectly nobody would care about "original hardware"
>>
>>4247775

>100% perfectly

I'm interested in retro games and love retro gaming but don't have the patience to learn all the complicated bullshit that makes you guys experts.

To me nes emulators look perfect. What am I missing?.
>>
>>4248541
Don't even go down the rabbit hole. The NES is a simple enough machine that it actually can be emulated "perfectly" and what's more, simple enough that it can be perfectly replicated via competitively priced FPGAs.

There will always be some people who will insist original hardware is better. I've swallowed the pill myself even though I try to use terms like "more authentic".

If you do want a glimpse of the emulation wars go check out the higan thread. NES is a bit less controversial but I'm sure a puNES thread would be pretty similar at the end of the day.
>>
>>4247691
how can i play recca you fucking retard?
>>
>>4247691
"I am a stupid millenial syndrome"
>>
LIGHT GUNS
I
G
T

G
U
N
S
>>
>>4248557
If you do any kind of speedrunning or "intense" gaming then you will notice the slight amount of input lag when emulating a game. I found this out while playing Super Mario Bros 3 on my computer and then all my timing was different on my NES console using a CRT TV, there is even lag when using some HDTV's to play your NES.

If I'm playing a game that I don't regularly speed through then I don't notice any lag so that's probably why most people will say the games play the exact same, it's only when you get right down to it that you notice the differences.
>>
>>4247691
>What's the point of this?

it's so i can play any NES game I want, including homebrew without spending ten grand and having a room full of nintendo games

>but this shit isn't the original hardware

yes it is
>>
It takes me longer to adjust to survial horror tank controls or goldeneye shit controls then it does to the input lag from an emulator of a game ive played on a real console.
>>
>>4247691
Reasons you wouldn't understand. Just keep emulating until your old enough to post here.
>>
>>4251704
Epic *tips fedora*
>>
>>4249624
Switch to a ps/2 ipac
>>
All of the nostalgia glory, without having to spend your retirement savings to relive those days.

Reasons you'd buy this:

1) Play rare/hard to find games without dropping paychecks to play them

2) Shit just werks; gone is the need of 3 different type of emulators to play a library of N64, etc

3) Ease of use; no tweaking of emulator software, no fucking around with USB drivers for knockoff controllers, no broken ass gameplay

4) Cost; people will debate this but to me, I'd spend the $100 on an everdrive then sit down and fuck around with emulators that break gameplay, only to spend hours finding a resolution to fix what broke. Then the other side is collectorfags buying everything in droves and driving up costs. I feel this fit a niche perfectly.
>>
>>4252215
Epic *underage ignorance*
>>
>>4253257
Epic *cock sucking faggotry*
>>
>>4253294
Epic *no u*
>>
>>4248541
>I'm interested in retro games and love retro gaming but don't have the patience to learn all the complicated bullshit that makes you guys experts.

>PLEASE SPOONFEED ME AND RAPE MY FACE
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.