[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just beat the first Final Fantasy game for the NES. It was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: end.png (312KB, 1415x1080px) Image search: [Google]
end.png
312KB, 1415x1080px
So I just beat the first Final Fantasy game for the NES. It was surprisingly playable and fun, although I did use a walkthrough, since I didn't really enjoy aimlessly running around the world.

Should I just go directly on to the second game in the series? Is there anything I should know?
>>
Yeah, FF2 is pretty good, just totally different in how it plays from all the rest. Of the original trilogy I thought 3 was the best. Play the NES version with the translation patch, DS version skews the difficulty in a bad way.
>>
You may as well just watch some faggot youtuber if you need to use walkthroughs and can't make a decision without someone here telling you what/how to play.
>>
>>4247098
Stop trying to push people into watching youtubers. The more people who do, the more eceleb threads there will be, because this site grows daily via memes.
>>
>>4247098
Normally I would agree, but considering the design of the game it would probably take me ten times as long to beat it, with most of that time just being frustrated backtracking and getting lost. Also, the game is fairly linear as to what you can do to advance the story, but really open as to where you can go. Add to that constant random encounters and you've got a recipe for frustration. I totally understand the appeal of just getting lost, and for 99% of games I don't use any sort of guide, but for this one I made an exception.

>>4247093
What does the translation patch do? I plan on playing the original releases of all the games, despite their bugs, just as a fun exercise. That's another reason I used a walkthrough, it's really hard to know which spells don't work and that the specialized weapons for killing certain enemy types don't work unless you looked it up.
>>
>>4247089
4, 6 and 7 are the only good ones. Just play those, none of the games in the series are related in terms of story/characters/setting etc. They're all standalone games.
>>
FF2 is a lot harder to just pick up and play than either 1 or 3 because of its levelling system
there are no experience points, you raise your stats with actions in battle
attacking raises strength
dodging raises evasion
taking damage raises HP and vitality
wasting MP increases your max MP
casting black magic raises your intelligence, while white raises your soul
stats can also go down in the NES version

high evasion will make you almost invincible
>>
>>4247112
It translates it to English, that's all. You can look up bug fix patches if you want but the basic translation one doesn't mess with the game mechanics. I think there's a few out there and I don't remember which one I used. Research them and see, unless another anon knows.
>>
>>4247109
Those people always start the threads about themselves anyway so it will happen regardless
>>
>>4247123
>leaving out 5, undeniably the best class system game of all time

I'm worried about you.
>>
>>4247112
The translation patch translates the game to English as it was never released in the west. Op you may already be aware but the snes versions of 2 and 3 are actually 4 and 6 respectively.
>>
I would never play the nes II. Play any of the remakes instead
>>
>>4247134
I actually wasn't aware of that. I haven't done a whole lot of research about this. I've always had a hard time with JRPGs in general, but since Final Fantasy is such a critically acclaimed series I thought I'd give it a go.

I guess I have to find translation patches for 2 and 3 then.

>>4247137
Again, I know that the remakes are better in almost every way. I'm purposefully playing the older version of the games.
>>
File: kamille thumbsup.jpg (104KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kamille thumbsup.jpg
104KB, 1440x1080px
>>4247089
>
Should I just go directly on to the second game in the series?
move ahead to Final Fantasy 5, then Tactics and you can leave behind the franchise.
>>
>>4247175
There is nothing wrong with using a walkthrough. You still are doing all the playing yourself. All the walkthroughs in the world can't get you through a game if you don't have the skill yourself.
>>
>>4247175
>tripfag sperging out and telling others to use reddit
>>
>>4247137
I don't think NES FF2 is that much worse. The magic defense bug is probably the nastiest thing, but you can make up for it somewhat with the right equipment.
>>
>>4247212
>All the walkthroughs in the world can't get you through a game if you don't have the skill yourself.

Let's not go crazy here. We're talking about a JRPG.
>>
>>4247093
OP, if you like FF2, or dislike it but think there's even the slightest bit of potential, give the gameboy Final Fantasy Legend trilogy a shot, especially the first two games. Good times, and you get to chainsaw god.

also not really final fantasy, but eh, I'm not worried about that.
>>
Just gonna say, fuck that Ice Cave
>>
>>4247139
> I know that the remakes are better in almost every way.
They actually are not. You are actually playing the best versions of the games. Lucky you!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.