[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just beginning this after finishing Secret of Mana. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: sd3box.jpg (87KB, 350x342px) Image search: [Google]
sd3box.jpg
87KB, 350x342px
Just beginning this after finishing Secret of Mana. I've heard there's some path-branching in this game - how much of it is there and how does it play out? Are there sidequests and other nonlinear/missable aspects? I remember SoM being pretty barebones in this regard.
>>
File: class.jpg (24KB, 603x573px) Image search: [Google]
class.jpg
24KB, 603x573px
The game is linear. Only in one particular part of the game there's a bunch of dungeons that you can finish in any particular order, but you still need to complete all of them anyway.

The path-branching is the class system. Later on the game you will have the option of changing your class, and it goes like pic related. Normally light classes are more support-ish and dark classes are more damage oriented, but I'm not sure if all of them are like that.

Dark Light and Light Dark are not the same, as they would be, "a support-ish upgrade to the dark class" or a "a damage oriented upgrade to light class".

That's pretty much it.
>>
Your choice of main character will determine which of the three villains becomes the main villain, and you'll see a few extra scenes depending on your other two character choices, but that's it.
>>
>>4245447
This is pretty much it. The campaign has a lot of variables, but they're determined in advance by the party you chose when starting the run. Instead of making choices as you play you just replay the game with different team combinations to see what changes.

As >>4245394 said, you have a lot of options with building your three heroes, so two teams of the same three characters could end up playing very differently.
>>
>>4245548
how much exactly do your second and third characters matter, really? Do they effect events at all aside from a few extra bits of dialogue?
>>
>>4246042
It largely doesn't matter. Second one matters, third one doesn't at all.
i.e. if your first pick is Angela, there is extra story bits if your second pick is Duran. Same thing vice versa. The pairs are
Kevin & Charlie, Riesz & Hawk, Duran & Angela. The scenes you get is like 10 seconds of dialogue.
>>
>>4246042
Depends. Some characters get some small amount of dialogue between them. Its just Duran and Angela or Hawk(eye) and Lise/Riesz, I don't remember the other 2 ever getting anything extra together.

Only real difference with 3rd is if you chose Carlie/Charlotte as your third, then she joins you for the 1st boss. Other than that every 3rd joins you after a scene of them helping you out either through taunting/provocation/Abusing Gullibility/Politely asking.
>>
I'm assuming this game will get remade in the foreseeable future as per Secret Of Mana. With that in mind, I wonder what it will be called in the West; either Secret of Mana 2 or "Something" of Mana, sice FFA became Adventures of Mana
>>
>>4247283
I'd rather have SoE than this mess.
>>
>>4248105
>wanting the mess that is Secret of Evermore
>>
>>4245394
>>4245447
>>4245548
>>4246112
>>4247240
Also, the secret uber boss can only be accessed by playing Duran or Angela as your main character.
>>
>>4248274
Note, the secret uber boss does not drop anything useful, nor does he offer any huge exp reward. It's just an "I did the thing" badge.
>>
>>4248274
>>4248293
The secret boss isn't especially cool either, nor is the fight itself very fun.
>>
>>4248293
To be honest that's true for many Square secret uber bosses
>>
>>4248268
>Not wanting Secret of Evermore

What the fuck is wrong with you, pleb?
>>
>>4247283
>I'm assuming this game will get remade in the foreseeable future as per Secret Of Mana.
Yeah but isn't the Secret of Mana remake they are currently releasing just the canceled nintendo DS project from like 5 years ago?
>>
>>4248823
No? It's using the engine of the SD1 remake from a few years ago
>>
>>4248813
Want good games, not some shitty filler game from NA Squaresoft.
>>
>>4245320
Well, if you pick Hawk you will get a small sidestory involving the wandering merchant cats Nikita, Chiquita and Chiquirita.
Plus, Nikita is a bro with "B" of "Badass.
>>
>>4250460
>good game
>SD3

pick one
>>
Late game dungeons is abit of a chore to get through. Dungeons are big, mazes are near endless, enemies spawns constantly every new screen, and they are friggin hard to kill.

They gimmicks are often like one/two tanker/dps with another one/two disabler enemies. Worst part the whole party are disablers. (The hatching eggs/harpies that petrify). Some are solid tankers and some splits up into multiple foes.

You need a caster/buffer to buff up your team, or cast spells that does fullscreen damage. You need high DPS member, and buffs that imbue your weapons with elemental damage.

The elemental weapon buffs are crucial in SoM2/SD3 to deal damage to bosses. You can no longer abuse spells/magic walnuts like you could in SoM1, literally killing bosses in seconds.
>>
Kevin hits like a truck. Always choose Kevin.
then again, I like all of them really. Duran should be a bit faster. turn-based cool-downs are to be expected but so annoying.
>>
>>4245320
The final dungeon will change based on who you selected as your first character.

The time when you get your 3rd party member can be 1 dungeon earlier depending on who you selected.

Dialogue will change.

A single boss will change.

That's it.
>>
>>4247283
If it's going to look as cheap and lazy as the SoM remake, then I don't want it.
>>
Secret of Evermore is better even though the ending sucks and it's not finished.
>>
>>4247283
I always thought a good name for the third game would be "Spirits of Mana" since the mana spirits play a bigger role in the game. Also it creates a nice little trilogy:
SD1 = Sword of Mana
SD2 = Secret of Mana
SD3 = Spirits of Mana

Of course, Sword of Mana was the GBA game, they called the newer remake Adventure of Mana. And I don't work for SE, so it's not like I have any control over it.
>>
>>4252921
The japanese title of the games is "Legend of the Holy Sword", for reference.
>>
>>4252927
That name made sense for the first game because the main plot was the hero searching for the sword. But as the series went on the sword kinda got de-emphasised and the Mana tree became the focus. Even in Japan its basically known as the Mana series at this point.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.