[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened here? This is on an original cartridge on an original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: death by flying block.webm (2MB, 576x320px) Image search: [Google]
death by flying block.webm
2MB, 576x320px
What happened here?

This is on an original cartridge on an original SNES. No emulator or romhack. I've tried to clean both the game and the console but to no avail. It's a fresh game file.

Is my game just cursed?
>>
You're going to get shit on way harder for playing in 16:9. I assume it always behaves this way since you said you cleaned it. Those blocks are pretty uncommon. Any other glitches to note?
>>
>>4245063
>You're going to get shit on way harder for playing in 16:9

The reason it is in 16:9 is because I had to test the game on a different television, and I could not bother to change it to 4:3 just to see if the glitch was still there.
>>
>>4245059
>16:9 LCD
kys fgt
>>
>>4245059
>I've tried to clean both the game and the console but to no avail.

The connectors are probably still having issues for whatever reason, whether they need cleaning or they're just degraded. Sometimes it takes me several passes before I manage to get used cartridges sufficiently clean enough to boot up without any glitches.

And why the fuck are you playing on a 16:9 display?
>>
>>4245065
I believe you, Anon although I can assure you that gameplay glitches aren't going to appear and disappear based on the display. It seems like an extremely minor glitch to come from there being physical damage to the PCB traces though. Like I said are there any other glitches? That's just like the first part of the first stage have you played further? It might be a bootleg with some strange glitch but SMW is a weird game to bootleg is it All-Stars+SMW?
>>
>>4245059
i dont see any glitch, thats the way the game always was for me.
>>
Did you hold any buttons during start up? You must have triggered the "everything kills" code. Try cleaning your controller.
>>
>>4245089
>>4245106

Yeah yeah, it's 16:9. I usually play on 4:3, deal with it.

>>4245112
I have not discovered any other glitches yet. I've only played levels on Yoshi's Island so far, because I get hung up on this glitch and I want to know what's going on. It's not a bootleg game, nor is it All-Stars + SMW.

>>4245147
No I did not. Everytime I reset the SNES, this happens.

I guess I should try to clean the console, the game and the controller even more.
>>
What concerns me is that the block turns around when it kills me, just like how a Koopa would do. It's like the code somehow thinks this block is a Koopa.
>>
>>>/x/
>>
File: the-smoking-man-the-x-files.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
the-smoking-man-the-x-files.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
>>4245059
>>4245172
> Obviously you underestimated me. More obviously, you overestimated the man you sent to do the job.
>>
>>4245059
It's coz you're playing it on an awful display.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.