[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread about fan-translation projects that not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (213KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
213KB, 1280x720px
Can we have a thread about fan-translation projects that not everyone is necessarily aware of?

Bushi Seiryuuden: Futari no Yuusha is a Super Famicom action-RPG developed by GameFreak. It has Zelda-style, overhead exploration and side-view battles in semi-real time, where every movement or action counts as a "turn". It's steeped in Japanese folklore/mythology and has character designs by Ken Sugimori of Pokemon fame.

Anyway, there's an active fan translation project for this game here:

https://bushitranslation.wordpress.com/

What are other WIPs do you know of, /vr/?
>>
DQM1+2 for ps1. It's been "worked on" for nearly a decade now.
>>
Berserk PS2 translation is 10/10
>>
The SaGa 2 and 3 remakes for DS have fan translations. I think the one for SaGa 3 is technically incomplete. The group translating it eventually dissolved due to some retarded e-drama that no one cares about. Autism is not at all uncommon in the ROM hacking scene.
>>
>>4244618

To be fair it's an arduous and thankless job, I don't blame people for abandoning it partway through
>>
>>4244562
>Thus, we declare that if this translation is not done by the beginning of May 2017, it will probably never get done by us, at least.
Dropped.
>>
>>4244586
damn I didnt even know dqm was on the ps1
>>
>>4244562
I've been meaning to try this for a whole now, thanks for the heads up OP.

I'm sure most of you already know this but Ace Combat 3 finally got a proper translation late last year.
>>
>>4244624
It's quite a waste of time though, and it makes some people expect something that will not be there. Commitment is not that bad, and completing something like this should make you a bit proud.

I mean if it's early in the process is no problem but if you're done with a good amount of it, specially if it's such an arduous job, you might as well try your best to finish it. Then again, drama is a terrible thing that can break any group.
>>
>>4244640
both games on one disc with a a facelift. Can trade between the versions which is a nice touch.
>>
>>4244624
I've been in fan translation projects before, that shit happens all the time with different personalities. I've even got kicked out of one for correcting someone's work (it was clear he was using google translate and other times just making shit up). A lot of these groups, they have a very limited understanding of Japanese so they get 10 translators to work on stuff and then it winds up being all over the place. And a lot of them are 16 year old kids from South American and Eastern Europe with a limited understanding of not just JP but also EN.

That being said I am working on two games right now: Hayarigami and Otogirisou. Now the problem is its that I don't know shit about coding or hacking only how to translate Japanese. I really need someone that can dump scripts, and I'd be flexible to an extent about what game could be done
>>
Ongoing projects are cool and all, but why not just have a general thread about fan translation projects that are not so popular?

I mean it'd be cool to have some recommendations on fully translated games as well. I think SNES has a fuckton of translated JRPGs that nobody ever talks about.
>>
>>4244624
>To be fair it's an arduous and thankless job

If you're doing it for e-cred, then you're going about this the wrong way. I would never put message boards or comment boxes on my project hosting site. I manage a few translations of my own, and all I do is work at my own pace and post completed patches absent of any feedback forms when I'm done. Quite honestly, I have no idea who plays my translations or how they feel about the quality of my work. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>4244684
>the quality of my work doesn't matter
was with you till this one. I get the general sentiment but if your shit is full of typos and stuff that's not really something you should gloss over.
>>
>>4244562
I just want Super Famicom Ganbare Goemon games translated. Please?
>>
>>4244669
This
>>
There's a bunch of in progress translations for the PC-98, which is pretty cool and definitely somewhat on the more obscure side. There's a thread at these forums that is keeping track of known projects.

https://pc98central.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7

>>4244669
Because any general fan translation thread gets shitted up with people saying, "Learn Japanese."
>>
>>4244684
Unless you're working on games with barely any text that take a week to complete from start to finish, telling the world what you're working on and your rough progress can only be a good thing. Do you really want to work on a patch for 6 months and when you're 80% done, someone else that had no clue you were working on it posts a full translation?
>>
>>4244562
>active translation thread
>its been dropped
O-okay.
>>
>>4245530
>Do you really want to work on a patch for 6 months and when you're 80% done, someone else that had no clue you were working on it posts a full translation?

Who cares? You say like that there's never more than one translation of the same game floating around. People do this all the time.

I don't keep any of my projects involved with social media at all. Fuck that autism.
>>
>>4244618
I just found out about this the other day. The saga 3 tran is fully playable I hear
>>
>>4245716
I didn't 100% the game by any means, but I did manage to play from start to finish without running into any particular issues or untranslated text that I can remember offhand. Definitely a much better SaGa version of that game than the original on the GB, too.
>>
>>4245523
>>4244669
The worst part are the people crying for translations of random games they know nothing about.
>>
>>4244562
Oh fuck yeah, i had no idea anyone was working on that. Thanks anon.
>>
>>4245990
I spoke too soon, FML :(
>>
File: LoX2_4[1].png (14KB, 256x232px) Image search: [Google]
LoX2_4[1].png
14KB, 256x232px
>>4244562
I'm waiting on the Legend of Xanadu PC-Engine translations.

Currently the translations of the games are actually supposedly completely done, now we're waiting on the fandub before they actually release them since there's a lot of voiced dialogue and you can't subtitle it.

The auditions for the dub ended three months ago, but the thing is that they have to manually code the lipsync. Some forum post somewhere claimed it would take upwards of three months to do by hand, so I'm expecting at least one of the two games to come out sometime this year.
>>
>>4244669
>I think SNES has a fuckton of translated JRPGs that nobody ever talks about.
Off the top of my head including action-RPGs, and obviously missing a ton of them:

Magical Land of Wozz, Der Langrisser, Dark Law, Brandish 2, Bahamut Lagoon, Alcahest, the SNES Dragon Quests, Emerald Dragon, Energy Breaker, Eternal Filena, Feda: The Emblem of Justice, Front Mission, Front Mission Gun Hazard, Mystery Dungeon: Shiren The Wanderer, Live a Live, Mystic Arc, Romancing SaGa, Seiken Densetsu 3, Radical Dreamers, Silva Saga 2, Star Ocean, Treasure Hunter G, Treasure of the Rudras, Wizardry and Wizardry Gaiden, a couple of the Ys games, and so on.

There's a lot more on top of that but those are the ones I've touched personally.
>>
File: 15860_791084.jpg (2MB, 1476x1472px) Image search: [Google]
15860_791084.jpg
2MB, 1476x1472px
>>4246008
Oh, I should probably recommend some of these.

Mystic Ark: A JRPG where you travel between different worlds in each chapter. Gameplay consists of standard JRPG combat with some pretty great art for the enemy encounters, and solving puzzles as you travel around.

While it's a bit padded and they could've been more creative with the worlds given the premise, I found it consistently fun and engaging. Definitely worth checking out.
>>
>>4246020
Actually, I'll just do this quickly. I haven't gotten around to playing through a lot of these beyond just checking them out so I'll just do the ones I can:

Front Mission Gun Hazard is a cool Assault Suits Valken-like with RPG elements like travelling around a world map and building your own mecha.

Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer is a fucking phenomenal roguelike that's perfectly streamlined without losing any depth. One of the best roguelikes ever made, and I can't think of any competition it has on console.

Energy Breaker is an isometric JRPG where all of the battles are done on the map in SPRG-fashion. Think of Tactics Ogre/Final Fantasy Tactics if you could walk freely around the maps. It's been ages since I played it so I can't remember much about the plot, but I remember it being fairly engaging.

Brandish 2 is pretty damn fun if you can get into it. Either you can adjust to the camera or not, but if you can it's good.

The rest either speak for themselves or I can't speak for them. It's surprising just how many translated SNES games there are, there's an absolutely enormous amount that I haven't listed.
>>
>>4245760
this makes me very happy. FFL3 was the game i flunked algebra in highschool for
>>
Shin Megami Tensei If...

Oh wait.
>>
File: echo night 2.png (124KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
echo night 2.png
124KB, 250x250px
I played through this blind last Fall, best fucking game I've played in years. The fan translation was an incredible labor of love and it's what really got me appreciating fan translations in general. I even contacted the team to tell them how grateful I was that they did this and how much joy it gave me to play it. Then I played through part 1 and am in the process of acquiring part 3. If you haven't played this gems, check them out.
Here's the EN2 patch:
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/2380/
>>
>>4246003
We'll get these two by the end of the year for sure. I'm just as excited as you are since these were Falcom's big attempt to pay back their PC Engine CD fans and get a console foothold. Too bad the console was on its way out when this happened.

>>4246029
Brandish 2 PC-98's coming out soon, finally, since the hacker and editors figured out how to polish it further. I'll recommend that version over SFC despite how good the latter port is.
>>
>>4246003
We could have had those ages ago but the retards aren't releasing it until they have their amateur dub all finished first.
>>
>>4247146
And you just know somebody will post an undub patch within a week of release anyway
>>
>>4247146
What do you need a translation for if you already understand Japanese?
>>
>>4247146
Good luck understanding all of those scenes in Japanese.

>>4247237
They themselves have stated that they're releasing an undub alongside the dub.

If you don't need the dub and can already understand Japanese, then why the fuck are you bitching about not getting the translation early?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.