[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the Sonic games considered "fast"? Every time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Scrap_Brain_Zone.jpg (149KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
Scrap_Brain_Zone.jpg
149KB, 1024x717px
Why are the Sonic games considered "fast"? Every time you try to move fast there's some kind of obstacle or enemy who kills you right away. Mario is a much faster game imo.
>>
I agree, Scrap Brain Zone is fantastic in testing you on everything you did in the game up until that moment.
>>
>>4242989
Fast != going super fast as fuck where the 4:3 narrow FOV ruins your reaction time to play properly

Sonic's pretty fast
>>
sonic is fast and fluid, especially in movement and momentum. Compare to a number of other popular platformers and they don't compete.

Plus by Sonic 3&K they were doing some fast as fuck stuff, there are parts of Hydrocity and Mushroom Hill that are basically just super-fast eye candy.
>>
stop posting this
>>>4241926
>>
>>4242989
You're an amateur. I'm a pro at Sonic games, it's very possible to go fast through levels.
>>
>>4243226
>pro
Who paid you?
>>
>>4243250
>Who paid you?
I don't have to be paid to be a pro at Sonic games. I've been playing Sonic since I was 9 years old. I'm 35 now.
>>
There's like four other sonic threads and this is obvious bait. One of the other threads is literally about sonic games being slow.

Come the fuck on mods.
>>
>>4242989
To git fast you need to git gud
If you no gud you dont git fast
>>
>>4243580
this
>>
i never understood how to play sonic. everytime i go fast i end up backtracking to see if i missed some items
>>
>>4243785
Rings and lives are pointless when the game is this easy.
>>
Dat nintendo logo tho
>>
Sonic1 is the best sonic game
Actual stage design instead of rollercoasters where you dont need to touch the controller
>>
File: 1464190485503.jpg (10KB, 235x284px) Image search: [Google]
1464190485503.jpg
10KB, 235x284px
>>4244083
>tfw you will never be this retarded

thank you for that, i needed a good laugh
>>
>>4244114
>no argument whatsoever
I think you're lost, my friend
>>>/v/
>>
File: gaming pidgeon smarter.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gaming pidgeon smarter.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>4242989
Going fast is the reward, if you play it good.

Average players today can't get past the tutorial in Cuphead, so I'm not surprised that you don't see why Sonic is supposed to be fast.
>>
Classic Sonic was never about going jet plane fast through levels. You had a the tubes in Chemical Plant and one fast bit early in Act 2, and various running sections sprinkled through Sonic 3.

Sonic was a platformer of the 90s. It existed in an ecosystem full of platformers. It used smooth scrolling, fluid animations, and at the time impressive physics to differentiate itself. Sonic 3 & K's speed sections are there to "wow" 90s audiences with their graphics and power, but the games aren't really built around them since Sonic Team still knew what made a good platformer.
>>
>>4244152
>pigeons are smarter than gaming 'journalists'

Haha, oh god. Imagine if these people would do, like, sports journalism.

>"Uh oh, looks like one of the players made a mistake! I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems like this one guy gets a free shot at the goal!"
>>
File: 1502999809982.jpg (334KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502999809982.jpg
334KB, 800x600px
>>4243282
>I don't have to be paid to be a pro
>>
>>4244185
/thread
>>
>>4244152
I love watching birds pull off shit like that.
>>
File: protip.png (88KB, 325x218px) Image search: [Google]
protip.png
88KB, 325x218px
>>4242989
>Every time you try to move fast there's some kind of obstacle or enemy who kills you right away
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.