[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just found out that this game apparently has an English patch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: 1709566-mizz002.png (199KB, 320x319px) Image search: [Google]
1709566-mizz002.png
199KB, 320x319px
I just found out that this game apparently has an English patch now. Has anyone tried it?
>>
File: DGxdwifUwAA3o_s.jpg:large.jpg (280KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DGxdwifUwAA3o_s.jpg:large.jpg
280KB, 2048x1536px
>>4242347
looking good
>>
Im interested
>>
File: mizzurna.jpg (58KB, 514x682px) Image search: [Google]
mizzurna.jpg
58KB, 514x682px
>>4242347
Isn't this a game similar to Shenmue?

>Mizzurna Falls was the final game released by Human Entertainment, the creators of the Clock Tower series. In Mizzurna Falls, a young man named Matthew must search for his missing friend Emma in an open-world, real-time game environment with a heavy emphasis on complex storytelling and dialogue. The game , which is heavily influenced by the works of David Lynch, has never been localised into English or released outside of Japan, and yet it was a clear influence on games such as Shenmue and Deadly Premonition.
>>
>>4242356
dat aspect raidou
>>
>>4242404
Shenmue started development in 1996, much earlier than the 1999 release of that game since it was planned to release on saturn. Can't really influence a game when you're so late in development already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foZUcPQAMvg
>>
>>4242347
Where is the iso
>>
File: Deadly_Premonition_cover_art.jpg (41KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
Deadly_Premonition_cover_art.jpg
41KB, 256x315px
>>4242404
>Isn't this a game similar to Shenmue?
More like Deadly Premonition/Twin Peaks.

>>4242347
>>4242356
The girl that did the translation is a pro.
>>
Oh is it finished? May have to bust out the real hardware for this one!
>>
the game seems give you limited time to solve the mystery
>>
>>4242493
Yeah it seems like one of those adventure games like Dark Seed or Pathologic where you have limited time to find clues etc but in a sandbox
>>
link to the english iso?
>>
there is no patch out. Its still wip
>>
The Patch itself is completed the person who is supposed to put it into in the game is not done yet though thats why its not out yet
>>
>>4242558
The translation is completed, a patch won't exist until the programmer hacks all the translated text into the game.
Unfortunately the hacker is from Italy, so it will probably be forever before it gets done. I wish the translator would just release the scripts so that others could take a crack at it.
>>
>>4242745
>I wish the translator would just release the scripts
she did
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/574993-mizzurna-falls/faqs/72424
>>
>>4242558
>>4242745
>>4242750

so in other words, niggas can't play dat shit yet.
>>
This game always looks cool but I could never really bring myself to play it. Well, I guess I have some free time now so I might as well take a shot at it.

>>4242745
Same shit happened to me with my Hayarigami translation. I actually typed out the script while playing the game because every time I got someone who said they would help me edit the game, they always disappeared after doing minimal work.
>>
File: ePSXe 2017-08-29 23-03-09-64.png (174KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ePSXe 2017-08-29 23-03-09-64.png
174KB, 640x480px
>>4242347
The translation has been finished for months, but it still hasn't been patched into the game itself.

Might as well share my thoughts. I beat this game recently. Whether you understand the language or not, you absolutely must use a walkthrough if you want to get the good end without wasting your time replaying the game correctly. I also recommend quick saves instead of the game's save function.

The story takes place in the span of 6 days and the characters involved all have their own schedules. You need to be at the right places at the right times to talk to them so that they tell you all the clues you need to know, and while most of the times you're told where to go, sometimes it's not that obvious. Sometimes it's not obvious at all.
You need to gather all the clues from all the characters and events to get the good end. If you miss one of them, you'll get the bad end at the end of the game, which is super shitty.

You can use the guide at GameFAQs (I think the translator wrote it) but be aware that the author filled it with images and spoilers of the game that you don't really want to see as you are reading where to go next. I suppose because it's meant to be a guide for non-Japanese readers, it continuously explains/spoils the events as they unfold. However this is the only guide in English as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>4242790
>Might as well share my thoughts. I beat this game recently. Whether you understand the language or not, you absolutely must use a walkthrough if you want to get the good end without wasting your time replaying the game correctly. I also recommend quick saves instead of the game's save function.
How fucking casual are you, underage emubabby?
>>
File: ePSXe 2017-08-23 00-20-07-58.png (123KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ePSXe 2017-08-23 00-20-07-58.png
123KB, 640x480px
>>4242790
Now, the game is definitely Twin Peaks-inspired, but storywise it was a disappointment for me. Sure, you start in a remote American town, with a young girl murdered, another one disappeared, you get mysteries, and the game throws some philosophical questions at you every now and then. It has all the great elements of a mystery case story. But I don't think a lot of people will be satisfied by how the story pans out by the end. I found it kind of generic. Maybe it would've caused more of an impression back in 1998. It definitely is a game ahead of its time, with its open world and the characters having their own daily schedules.

In terms of gameplay, you spend most of the game driving from one place to another and talking to the inhabitants, unlocking the story events, and if you've got some time to spare, there are optional events as well that are not necessary for the good end. There are a few fighting sequences during the story which are absolutely terrible and make you want to abuse savescumming.

I found myself constantly frustrated by the time constraints and following the guide so as not to miss any events, especially during the first days of the game. Honestly, I would have been very pissed off if I hadn't used the guide and had received a bad end just because I missed one clue. Maybe back in the day it would've been fun to gather clues together with other people and try to piece the right playthrough together, but now I just don't have that kind of time and patience.
>>
>>4242493
>>4242515
how much does one playthrough take? if it's short and replayable it shouldn't be a problem
>>
>>4242767
Part of problem is that with some games, text insertion is very easy, and with others it is almost impossible. But you don't really know how it's going to be until you try. Nowadays games that are inconvenient to hack but get translated anyway are often released as subtitled playthroughs on youtube.
I think the outcomes are better when a programmer figures out how to hack the game first, and then it gets translated. But the people who know about the best games that need J->E also tend to be the people who read Japanese, so a lot of projects start as yours did (with a translation as opposed to a hack).
>>
File: ultima vii.gif (67KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
ultima vii.gif
67KB, 640x400px
>>4242793
>It definitely is a game ahead of its time, with its open world and the characters having their own daily schedules.

It would indeed be ahead of its time had Ultima VII not been released 7 years before.
>>
>>4242869
Ultima 5 already had schedules.
>>
The day the patch is finally released you must make this thread again so we play it together.
>>
>>4242347
I remember hearing bout this ages ago,do I need anything but a decent laptop i order to emulated PS1?
>>
>>4242869
Don't post gore outside of /b/.
>>
File: huh.jpg (35KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
35KB, 599x449px
>>4245409
What are you, a child? There was a gore thread on these days around here, did you tell them to do that too? Just hide the post, kid.
>>
>>4245429
Dude keep your sick fantasies in your containment board none of us wanna see that smut.
>>
>>4245409
It's the first scene from Ultima 7 and this is a retro games board, it's perfectly fine.
>>
>>4242356
jesus fucking christ anon
>>
Is this the current LOL EOPs thread?
>>
>>4242790
>Whether you understand the language or not, you absolutely must use a walkthrough if you want to get the good end without wasting your time replaying the game correctly
So it's your typical late 90s adventure game?
>>
>>4245464
It's gore which is not perfectly fine.
>>
>>4242745
>Unfortunately the hacker is from Italy, so it will probably be forever before it gets done.

Kek, reminds me of Kunos simulazioni, what the fuck is wrong with Italians?
>>
I want to play this fucker on my PSP
>>
File: game5.jpg (329KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
game5.jpg
329KB, 1024x768px
>>4242819
The thing is that I could do the youtube thing, but I want people to play the game. There is nothing that can compare to playing the game yourself, otherwise it's like watching a cheap movie. I tried to learn how to do hacks, even found a tool set made for a game (Otogirisou) and I still couldn't figure it out after hours and hours of fucking with the thing. But yeah I've played a lot of game in Japanese and Hayarigami is just one of the ones that I'd like to translate because I love the game.

>>4247173
So we can't post pictures from retro video games on a retro video game board? Grow a pair you pussy.

>>4246819
>needing to use a guide to play an adventure game
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.