[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any more PS1 games with religious and mystical themes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Silent_Hill_video_game_cover.png (184KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
Silent_Hill_video_game_cover.png
184KB, 340x340px
Are there any more PS1 games with religious and mystical themes like pic related and Xenogears?
>>
You seem like the kind of guy who should play Shin Megami Tensei
>>
>>4241148
Shadow Tower has a strong sense of the occult about it
>>
File: 1496167344029.jpg (87KB, 445x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496167344029.jpg
87KB, 445x1200px
who needs the religious and mystical themes when you have kindergarten cop themes
>>
nocturne and it's sequel blair witch volume 1 if you want more 'survival horror' type games, baroque if you want an rpg like king's field
>>
>>4241250
school bus is overkill
>>
>>4241250
those are called references.
>>
>>4241897
More liked they took that movie as a base because they had no idea what an american school was supposed to look like.
>>
>>4241897
No, simply needing a base to create an American-looking school since you couldn't just google up some pics for reference.
>>
>>4241250

im surprised by how accurate the sings are
>>
>>4241148
just accept xenogears as the pinnacle of vidya with religious themes anon, smt doesn't come close in terms of storytelling
>>
>>4241250
it's weird, I know is a cheap commedy movie, but I find very disturbing how it ended up being replicated in a horror game.
Now I can't dissasociate the film with a creepy atmosphere because of it
>>
>>4243190
>smt doesn't come close in terms of storytelling
No, but Xenogears doesn't even have a fraction of the sheer volume of religious and mystic themes in smt, which is what OP asked about. Of course a lot of times OPs don't say what they mean.
>>
>>4241148
Echo Night 1 and 2
>>
>>4241250
Kindergarten Cop was filmed in a small foggy coastal town in oregon. I always get Silent Hill vibes when I go there in the winter.
>>
>>4244441
do you go on pilgramages to the filming place of kindergarten cop??
>>
>>4244447
No I live an hour and a half away and stop at the town when I head to the beach. Its also got the house of the goonies, some great breweries, and a nice ice cream place although the current owner of the goonies house closed it off because they got butthurt at people visiting it.
>>
Hellnight
Baroque Syndrome
G.O.D: Growth or Devolution
>>
>>4244095
sheer volume =/= quality, smt (1&2 at least) has nothing to say about religion other than DUDE GOD and DUDE GAIANS, it really has nothing to say about religion. I assumed OP wanted to know the games where the theme of religion is developed in an interesting way and smt really doesn't touch xenogears if we're talking about that
>>
>>4243892
I know what you mean, it was kind of creepy the first time I saw that image.
>>
>>4243892
kindergarten cop is kino actually, it references a lot of Arnie's other movies and lampshades the genre in general, the comedy is based on Arnie making fun of his own jokes and stuff
>>
>>4241148
What really do you find so religious/mystical about sh1?
>>
>>4246652
He's probably talking about the bit with the demon cult wanting to birth their demon god into the world so he can cleanse it of man and have everybody enter its paradise
>>
>>4241148
Final Fantasy Tactics
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.