[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that Sega Genesis was the best version of Mortal Ko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

File: MK.png (52KB, 395x254px) Image search: [Google]
MK.png
52KB, 395x254px
Reminder that Sega Genesis was the best version of Mortal Kombat II and nothing will come close to the grit asian-inspired metal of Dead Pool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC9PNlqSeoc
>>
Reminder that Mortal Kombat was always western shit.
>>
File: 1479595046503.jpg (85KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
1479595046503.jpg
85KB, 308x302px
>>4240414
>Genesis game being better than SNES version
>>
bait
>>
>>4240429
>he fell for the SNES meme
>>
>>4240414
But anon, even Ed Boon admitted the SNES version was vastly superior because it came close to capturing the arcade graphics.
>>
>>4240429
It was better for the SNES, because it's faster.
>>
>AD 2132
>while WWIII was relatively harmless, WWIV was a different beast entirely
>the multiple uses of the new "Super Hydrogen" bombs have completely decimated 90% of the planet
>the constantly dwindling population seeks refuge in small camps scattered across the perpetual badlands
>a few of the larger camps have salvaged barely-functional electronics to use
>exactly 6 locations are fortunate enough to connect to the new makeshift "Internet" set up to improve communication among the survivors
>simple websites have been created to discuss food, lodging, and even a site for reminiscence about pop culture and entertainment before the apocalypse
>at least once a day, this site is flooded with heated Super Nintendo vs. Sega Genesis arguments
>>
>>4240414
I had to survive one summer with this low-animation-count grungy piece of turd. Well we also had some NBA game but screw that. good times
>>
Genesis MK2 plays better, but Snes MK2 has all the eye/ear candy which made MK2 special.

So even though I'm a Sega fan I can admit that the Snes version offered the best package.

The Genesis version was stripped of its essence.
>>
>>4240468
And the PC version ran at 640x480 compared to the arcade at 240p. PC version had the best graphics all around.
>>
>>4241060
>upscaling a sprite game
Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>4240468
When it came out it was a good home version, but today when arcade MK2 is easily accessible on a bunch of systems, the SNES game is a shit imitation, and its sounds and graphics are nothing special. The extra colors and sound samples actually work against it.
Sega MK2 keeps its edge because the unique, muted color palette and dark, eerie interpretation of the BGM, play into the game's favor. It's like the Doom 64 of the series.
>>
>>4240947
Wouldn't the essence and eye candy be the blood and gore in the game?
>>
How are the 32X and PS1 ports?
>>
>>4241060
PS3 version is better.
>>
MK II was by far the weakest entry of the only three that matter: MK, MK II, and MK3.
>>
>>4241183
MK2 isn't censored on SNES, unlike the first game.
>>
>>4241186

32X is best. Colors and details of SNES, gameplay and speed of Genesis, sound better than both. No load times like the PS1.
>>
>>4241260
Oh shit, that's right. Thanks man.
>>
>>4241241
only an underage would have this shit of an opinion
>>
>>4241241
guaranteed replies
>>
>>4240429
Multiplats were always better on Megadrive. SNES just had better games.
>>
File: Image.jpg (173KB, 438x998px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
173KB, 438x998px
What did Probe mean by this?
>>
>>4241060
Well, the DOS version is 320x200. And the arcade version runs at 400×254. So you are talking out of your ass. DOS version is still the best original home version port though.
>>
The Mortal Kombat games all played better on Genesis with less input lag and slowdown, even if the SNES versions looked better (save for lack of blood in the first game of course).

Since gameplay trumps graphics, the choice is clear.
>>
>>4240429
Underage I assume.
>>
>>4241868
I'm guessing something with copyrights. The fucking Gen manual was full of Shang Tsung (TM), Johnny Cage (TM) and Outworld (TM) haha (TM)
>>
>>4240429
You obviously haven't played many Genesis games. Robocop Vs Terminator, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie & Tazmania are all better on the Genesis.
>>
>>4240414
wtf at 7:38 of that video.
>>
>>4245426
>doesn't know what 'toasty!' is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Forden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRFMgHBNA5Y
>>
>>4240414
>be me in 1994 or 1995
>5th grade. waiting in lunch line.
>somebody near me says they're making a mortal kombat 3
>i go into autistic rage about how it's going to suck compared to MK2, and MK3 will never compete because MK2 on Genesis is _literally_ perfection.

hyperbole aside, mk2 on genesis is def the way to go. there was a version for playstation 1 that i'd pirated many years ago that was pretty good as well. had dat speed and sound.
>>
>>4240414
Fucking great, I just bought the GOG version.
>>
God tier Amiga music opening title
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=73e4JmKYboI
>>
>Still arguing over the versions of Mortal Kombat when MK2 was a massive improvement in every single way and both home console ports had blood
It's pathetic, really.
>>
>>4246798
>>4246798
>>4246798
Are you in the wrong thread?
>>
>>4240414
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=litzOf8YH8E
>>
>>4240414
it had the best music for sure. the snes port was better in every other way though. hell even in accuracy of the arcade version the snes version was better in terms of music, but the genesis soundtrack was really fucking sweet. i liked the genesis music even more than the arcade version's music
>>
>>4240414
dafuq? I didnt know you could sweep kick the force ball lmao
>>
>>4241182
>Sega MK2 keeps its edge because the unique, muted color palette and dark, eerie interpretation of the BGM, play into the game's favor. It's like the Doom 64 of the series.
lol this is such complete and utter fanboy manchild nonsense.
>>
>>4247716
yup, snes version wins by a landslide to anyone that actually has functioning eyes and a non-retarded brain
>>
WHAT IS THE TIER LIST FOR MK1?

I keep saying contradictory info, sometimes people saying Sub Zero and Scorpion are bottom tier, sometimes saying they are top tier and that's why in MK2 they're bottom tier.
>>
>>4247830
Nobody plays MK competitively.
>>
>>4247830
Nobody in this thread is good enough at fighting games to know the answer
>>
>>4247857
That's sad. Why are we such losers?
>>
Can Sub Zero beat Scorpion?
>>
>>4247830
In Mortal Kombat, if you know how to properly use Sub-Zero, he was absolutely dominating. No other character could touch him, because he had consistent 3 hit combos.

Lui Kang and Scorpion one tier down, you could do 2 hit combos.
Raiden and Johnny Cage next tier down
Kano and Sonya Blade are absolute shit tier.
>>
No one believes I beat the last level of Mortal Kombat..
>>
>>4248117
TestYourMight tier list:

1. Sonya
2. Cage
3. Liu Kang
4. Kano
5. Raiden
6. Sub-Zero
7. Scorpion
>>
>>4248412
Anyone who doesn't know how god-tier Sonya is hasn't paid much attention to MK
>>
>>4248593
When MK first came out, I was still a huge SFII player where I just fucking owned with Chun Li because she just so fucking fast, and could jump higher than any other player. So naturally I went with Sonya on MK first. I quickly learned that Sonya was no Chun Li. Hell, she wasn't even fucking Dhalsim.

Fuck that bitch. She fucking sucks cock.
>>
>>4248679
You suck. Serious MK1 players all put her in S-rank. If you can't body people with Sonya you should play a different game.
>>
>>4248679
>Fuck that bitch. She fucking sucks cock.
She did suck Johnny's cock but wasn't she Jax's sloppy seconds? BLACKED.COM
>>
>>4240414
Actually the best console version of Mortal Kombat 2 is on the Sega Saturn.
>>
File: bait.gif (22KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
22KB, 625x626px
>>4250429
>>
>>4251138
It's not bait. Superior sound, graphics & game play trumps other versions.
>>
>>4245395
>Robocop Vs Terminator
Bullshit. The Genesis version blows chunks. All it has going for it is some blood. The actual game is hugely inferior.

Aladdin is a good example of Genesis being much better than the SNES version. Robocop Vs Terminator is not.
>>
>Sega Genesis was the best version of Mortal Kombat II and nothing will come close

The Arcade version is the best and for home console it's Sega CD. Genesis version looks like ass and sounds like garbage.
>>
>>4252802
>Aladdin is a good example of Genesis being much better than the SNES version.
I'm pretty sure most people would disagree with that not that I'm one of them.
>>
>>4252809

MKII anon, not MK1.
>>
File: Toasty.jpg (16KB, 341x295px) Image search: [Google]
Toasty.jpg
16KB, 341x295px
>>
>>4252958
What the fuck are you trying to say, nigger?
>>
>>4252802
Except you'd be wrong. Robocop Vs Terminator has more than just "blood" going for it. Robocop looks more realistic on the Genesis version. While the SNES version looks more cartoonish. Either way I find myself loving the Genesis version more than the SNES version.
>>
>>4252980
Someone put the bazinga guy in MK now? what the fuck
>>
>>4252802
>>4245395
>>4253137
Master system version a best
>>
>>4252812
>most people would disagree with that

And most people are retarded.

>ugly coloring
>inferior animation
>inferior combat
>inferior level design

Literally would take someone to be mentally handicapped to think the SNES version is better. Literally the ONLY thing, the ONLY thing the SNES does "better" is better sound, which even that is arguable because the Genesis' version is closer to the original scores. Graphics too, since there's more detail on the enemies and Aladdin in the Genesis because everything has a much larger scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktoYbyzBM0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_inY8qT5UT4&t=290s

The only competition comes from the kids that didn't own a Genesis. And for the record, I'll be the first one to say that a LOT of multiplatform games were better on the SNES.

P.S. Mortal Kombat 2 sucked dick on all consoles (retro exclusive) except the Saturn.
>>
>>4240414
>not enough buttons to even do all the basic attacks
>best version
>>
>>4255128
Omg it's a saturn babby. I'm sorry your parents hated you anon lol.
>>
>>4255162
I never owned a Saturn, I owned a PS1 and N64.
>>
>>4247830
MK1 I don't know, MK2 it was Mileena and Jax, and then everyone else was their bitch
>>
>>4255571
20 years later people still can't agree. Some put Jax as top some stick him at the bottom. It depends how much you're relying on infinites and juggles.
>>
1. Raiden
2. Raiden
3. Raiden
4. Raiden
5. Raiden
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.