[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or is it highly suspicious that the company publishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: pap_screen1.jpg (318KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
pap_screen1.jpg
318KB, 1024x682px
Is it just me or is it highly suspicious that the company publishing this game have only released like at most a minute of gameplay footage despite it supposedly coming out this fall? Not saying it's a scam but more that they're intentionally banking on people buying it early in fear that if they try to wait until the game comes out to see its actual quality it'll be too late and they'll have to resort to either waiting forever for a reprint or deal with scalpers on ebay if it turned out to be good.
>>
Didn't this just get delayed too?
>>
File: cap.png (53KB, 1661x604px) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
53KB, 1661x604px
>he doesn't know
>>
>>4240080
Most likely it's buggy as fuck and they can't get through a minute of gameplay without something clearly screwy happening.

Either that or they are just retards when it comes to marketing.

Shame, because visually it looks fantastic.
>>
>>4240085
I'm not sure if this is real. Like they aren't discussing what action they are taking against paypal here.
>>
>No release for any platform other than genesis

>DRM to try and keep it from running on emulators and non-official hardware

Gotta have some artificial scarcity to justify that $70 price tag.
>>
>>4240117
There is no DRM per se.
What you probably mean is the fact that they're using their own mapper implementation.
They pretty much have to do that though, considering the game is bigger than any other mega drive game before. Without a newly made mapper, the mega drive wouldn't be able to access all of the game's ROM.
The obvious side effect just like how it was with Pier Solar is, that people first have to find out how the mapper works exactly to dump the ROM and then have to replicate it in software.
It's not really avoidable but it's probably a welcome side effect either way.
>>
>>4240132
IIRC the guy who dumped Pier Solar had a whole write up on the process he used. I barely remember any details, but it was something like the game would initially only allow access to the first 32k, but the rest had to be unlocked by tricking the board somehow.
>>
>>4240092
paypal has a long history of fucking merchants
they arent a classified as a financial institute, and therefore not bound to a lot of things your bank cant do with you, people take months to years to get their money back, and foreigners to USA sometimes never have it back.

with an usual few weeks of hold up of merchants received money to protect paypal arse from having to refund payers, sometimes ppl work with a backlog of money to be withdrawn, and im guessing this game went viral on kickstart or someshit? and they erceived 50% of their earnings in a couple monhts right prior to being locked, that would explain why they would have any money in paypal.. it wasnt negligence on their part.

if youre a steady seller you lose at most a months worth of income when paypal decides to steal from you, its a shame... for entertainment goods sales tend to happen in spurts.

bitcoin could have prevented it, too bad its illegal in many countries so you cant trade back to currency a large amount by a processor and have it deposited to your bank acc, and exchange small amounts in alternative market is a hassle
>>
>>4240151
There doesn't seem to exist a cached version of the site anymore. Wanted to look it up because I was curious.
Do you mean they actually deliberately made the mapper not spit out the full ROM without some bullshit?
You'd think as long as you send the exact same signal on the cartridges inputs as a real console to request different banks it should work.
Anyone got a paste of that site or anything of the like?
>>
File: cover.jpg (186KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
186KB, 500x705px
>>
>>4240403
lmao
>>
So I guess it is still available for preorder, just disabled at the moment due to PayPal BS?
>>
>people actually want this shit
inb4 shills come to defend
>>
>>4240567
It doesn't look amazing, but it's nice to someone out there still making belt-em-ups. Even for the retro-obsessed indies it's a pretty unpopular genre.
>>
Those frenchies are hated even upon their own community :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ock91NT8-1I
>>
>>4240567
Can you even shill something that has barely any footage or screenshots out? What would you even bring up to prove naysayers wrong?
>>
>>4240080
I thought it was already out...
>>
Looks like a really shitty Amiga game. It will suck just like Pier Solar sucked.

Fanboys aren't developers. They shouldn't try.
>>
>The Watermelon cycle
>Announce game
>People order it
>years go by without any screenshots or info
>lots of hate on WM never sharing anything
>gets delayed right before release
>overshoots delayed release date by 6 months
>finally one person receives it
>your copy comes 3 months after that.
>new game is announced
>people order it.
>>
>>4240661
When they were selling copies of Sacred Line mine came in on time. Kinda wish it never did because it turned out to be a really abysmal VN written by someone who is so terrible at writing they had to make a guide just to explain what the fuck happened in one of their other games. They couldn't be assed to put in a random number generator for the combat portions you literally have to roll your own dice.
>>
>western belt-scroller
it will be shit anyway
>>
>>4240730
Weeabo get out.
>>
>>4240734
Name 3 good american belt scrollers.
>>
>>4240739
All walkem punchems are American because violence is an American concept.
>>
>>4240739
Americans made the greatest belt and smelt there is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGkGpmZ8OF0
>>
I saw this recently and thought I'd check out out, since it like nice in screenshots and I enjoy beat em ups.

I basically changed my mind when I saw there is near zero gameplay video out there, just the same cheesy commercial and looping fast cuts.
Seems like they are hiding something, so I'll wait and see.
>>
>>4240762
>I basically changed my mind when I saw there is near zero gameplay video out there, just the same cheesy commercial and looping fast cuts.
Doesn't help that the team behind it keep posting that same commercial on their twitter or facebook nonstop constantly making me think there's some new footage out only to see a buff half naked Japanese dude again.
>>
>>4240597
I dunno, but looking at this thread there are people who actually payed
>>
>>4240793
Paying for something isn't really the same as shilling for it. Unfortunately the nature of homebrew is either buy it now or regret it later if it turns out the game is really fucking good. Doubt it's going to be really good though considering how bland Pier Solar was.
>>
>>4240739
>western = American
WEW
>>
File: b6oDTlm.png (241KB, 640x447px) Image search: [Google]
b6oDTlm.png
241KB, 640x447px
>>4240712

That "game" never interested me, I don't understand why they even wasted plastic on that crap.

Shoulda saved your money for something cool like the upcoming "Tanglewood".
>>
>>4240807
yuroshit belt scrollers are even worse anyway
>>
>>4240830
I thought it would've been fun to play for October but instead I got what felt like a story from creepypastawiki shoved onto a Genesis cart.
>>
>>4240092
>Like they aren't discussing what action they are taking against paypal here.

If they intend to take legal action, they have good reason not to discuss it. You don't give away the game plan before you go to court.
>>
>>4240753
>fat titted hookers
>obese, bearded ladies

Based on this alone I'm inclined to believe you might be right.
>>
>>4240838

It always looked like that from the beginning, I followed it a bit on Sega-16 and it always seemed like crap.

games like that should remain roms, too much crap is being sold on cartridge these days.
>>
File: paprium.gif (323KB, 606x855px) Image search: [Google]
paprium.gif
323KB, 606x855px
>>4240080
>>
>>4240807
Its fine no one wants to be lumped with murica anyway.
>>
You "Belt"-morons are fucking retarded. Go ahead and call horizontal scrolling shooting games: Belt Shumps, you know you want to, LMAO.
>>
>>4241667

What a dumb post.
>>
It's going to look awesome but actually play like crap, just like Pier Solar. WM can't design games for shit.
>>
>>4241707
Pier Solar was OK for yuropoors since they never got Lunar to begin with
>>
>>4241707

I didn't like Pier Solar either, awkward writing and then a trip to the forest where despite me being fucking level 1 the enemies were tough as nails.

Scaling or whatever its called sucked in Pier Solar.
>>
>>4241670
He has a point, though. Shmups are all 2-dimensional, sideways rail shooters.
>>
Man, I really want to play this game. But I want to wait until it's released so I know if it plays terribly or not. It looks like an upgraded SOR game and those were all awesome. Are they still going to be selling carts after release? I realize that sounds like a stupid question but with some physical retro indie releases you can never be too sure of the print run. For all I know it will be ULTRA EXCLUSIVE PREORDERS ONLY
>>
>>4241707
To be fair, it's probably easier to make a fun beat-em-up compared to a full JRPG.
>>
>>4242086
No retard making a JRPG takes no effort which is why its the only thing indiefags can do decently
>>
>>4240117
>Has its own sound chip in the cart for extra saucy beats
>80 meg mega drive carts just grow on trees I guess
>>
>>4240739
River City Ransom Underground
Scott Pilgrim
Castle Crashers
>>
>>4241352
The west also includes Europe, Canada, etc.
>>
>>4242221
All irrelevant.
>>
File: THE FUCK DID YOU SAY.jpg (92KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
THE FUCK DID YOU SAY.jpg
92KB, 666x666px
>>4242260
>>
>>4241667
We call them STGs actually because that's the correct Japanese name for them just like belt scroller is for beat em ups. Sorry that you're an underaged newfag who can't stand we don't go by youtuber definitions but if you didn't realize it this is /vr/ the official retro video gaming board for only those of us who actually know what in the fuck we're talking about.

Now with that out of the way....

>>>/v/

STAY THERE!
>>
File: ACTION.jpg (414KB, 700x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ACTION.jpg
414KB, 700x1500px
>>4242675

So Capcom of Japan nonchalantly referred to them as "Action" (games). Japanese Kadokawa mags, Famitsu & Co, referred to them simply as "Fighting", as opposed to the "VS Fighting" game tag that Capcom of Japan printed on their various covers in the 90s. Even SNK calls them (street) ACTION. In the west they were referred to as "Beat 'em ups". On no fucking spine you will find the letters B E L T S C R O L L E R.

But varying terminology is not the point. Logic is. If by any standards the background scrolling would dictate the terminology then all Jump & Runs, Horizontal Shooting games or anything that has backdrops that scroll would be known as: THE BELT SCROLLER. Luckily that is not the case. Dude, you are fucking retarded. Say it out loud in front of your display a few times just to get used to the sound of it.
>>
>>4242182
I said good.
>>
So is there a ROM of Pier Solar I can download and play on an emulator? Link.
>>
>>4244924
you can find one in planetemu.net and you can run it in retroarch using the genesis plus gx core
I'm totally not a shill, btw
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.