[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ridge Racer newfag here. Played a lot of other racing games like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Ridge Racer newfag here. Played a lot of other racing games like NFS and Gran Turismo, and I'm having a little trouble reconciling the difference between the Grip cars and the Drift cars. Namely, do the latter have any fucking point?

Also, what is the end goal to R4 after you beat your first championship? Am I supposed to just try and collect all the cars or something?
>>
>>4239636
RR is all about powersliding so it's probably even more about the drift than the grip
>>
Grip is easy mode. Drift is about powersliding as >>4239660 said and it's definitely more fun and challenging
>>
>>4239792
>>4239660
I see. More fun and challenging...but it can work, yes? How does one git gud with this?
>>
File: 20101203_747474.jpg (77KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20101203_747474.jpg
77KB, 800x600px
>>4239835
>How does one git gud with this?

>>4239835

Well, obviously step one would be to acquire pic related
>>
>>4239835
practice, like every arcade
>>
>>4240384
I'm pretty confused at what I'm looking at here.

>>4240415
Guess that was always the way, huh
>>
File: 1200px-Namco_Negcon_centred.jpg (61KB, 1200x743px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Namco_Negcon_centred.jpg
61KB, 1200x743px
>>4241812
>I'm pretty confused at what I'm looking at here
You did confess to being a n00b so I guess I'll let you off this time.
>>
>>4242717
Also get the JogCon
>>
>>4242717
Well fuck me. Don't think that thing's got a USB port though
>>
File: 61ORoR7YipL._SL1400_.jpg (108KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
61ORoR7YipL._SL1400_.jpg
108KB, 1400x1400px
>>4243169
You're welcome

>>4242751
Or rather, don't. It's legitimately shit
>>
>>4239636
This applies to RRT4 only.

Drift will powerslide when let off the gas, tap the brake, and get on the gas immediately like most other racing games. However unlike 1-3, the powerslide is capped instead of running forever waiting for you to correct and exit properly, so in RRT4 you can powerslide and throw it as hard as you want without worrying about fishtailing. In fact I would say RRT4's powerslides are simply not enough and exits automatically too soon for those longer and harder hairpins, so you need to turn into the corner and get into a powerslide very late.

Grip is just simply a "sharp turn" mechanic instead of drifting. However it's not as trivial as hitting a sharp turn button like in Lego Racers. It kicks in about a second or a second and a half after letting go of the gas while turning. So if you are approaching a difficult and sharp turn, you have to let go of the gas a certain distance before the corner so grip cars are 100% reliant on this timing. The only way to learn is to feel it out over time but it's a piss easy mechanic regardless. If you can't figure out drifting (both are piss easy in RRT4), stick to grip for a stress free game.

tl;dr
>drift powerslide with tap brake while turning and get on gas again
>grip let off gas while turning until sharp cornering kicks in about a second after
>>
>>4239636
>Also, what is the end goal to R4 after you beat your first championship? Am I supposed to just try and collect all the cars or something?
Yeah, there's 320 in total. Have fun.
>>
You guys have been great, danke sirs
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.