[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to wire Green to Red, but my problem is Yellow. What the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: what the fuck does this say.jpg (327KB, 1582x591px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck does this say.jpg
327KB, 1582x591px
I need to wire Green to Red, but my problem is Yellow. What the actual fuck? Who would do this bullshit?
>>
What is your problem?
>>
File: miguelferrer+1+of+1.jpg (108KB, 700x379px) Image search: [Google]
miguelferrer+1+of+1.jpg
108KB, 700x379px
AZNs
>>
>>4239626
op got chinked
>>
>>4239706
I think he's talking about arrow colors not wire colors and upset that his jamma harness is labeled in zipper

>>4239626
Here use this
>>
File: garbage on the screen.jpg (90KB, 572x770px) Image search: [Google]
garbage on the screen.jpg
90KB, 572x770px
Has anyone ever fucked with an ArcadeVGA 5000 and a J-Pac? I've got the drivers installed, and can't get the fucking screen on the arcade monitor to show anything but garbage. Pic related.

Hell, I even went so far as to do a fresh install of Windows 10 64 bit, with nothing but the bare essentials turned on.
>>
>>4239626
>Who would do this bullshit?
((((Orientals))))
>>
File: resist.gif (5KB, 317x252px) Image search: [Google]
resist.gif
5KB, 317x252px
>>4240758
>>4239626
Electronics have their own color code.

If they aren't something like + or - power or chassis ground, then they actually did you a big favor by following a color scheme, you can find one wire on either end and only have to check two to see which one you got.

If they had used all the same color wire, which is as typical as not, then you'd be fucked and would have to test all the wires just to locate the one you want.
>>
>>4240795
I used the JAMMA pinout and my multimeter to figure everything out. Now my problem is getting the fucking monitor to act right. It's fine all the way up until it hits the Windows desktop, then it goes all to shit.

I made a video of what it's doing: photos DOT app DOT goo DOT gl SLASH hCfEdXftaSblkYoh2
>>
>>4240806
Windows is probably trying to kick your monitor into some resolution it doesn't understand

Did you setup a custom timing config to try and get scanlines or something?

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU
>>
>>4239626
No shit cheap Chinese one's are like this. Wiring is usually ok but colors are often wrong.
>>
>>4240747
Is your resolution turned way down? You might have to. Either that or the drivers didn't install properly. Does it work with pc monitor?
>>
>>4240896
I had this happen but forgot how I got it fixed, but pretty sure it's trying to display a resolution your monitor isn't capable of displaying.
>>
>>4240747
windows 10?
try win 7 or further back
>>
>>4240747
Might have to hook up to a pc monitor to do this. Look in system tray by clock. Iirc there was a little utility there from the install. You want lower refresh rate and or lower resolution. You're close, I went through this year's ago. Kind of foggy on details. It may have been a program from the makers called quickres.exe
>>
I've got QuickRes installed. I've even tried the KI2's native resolution of 400x256, and no dice.

I've e-mailed Ultimarc, hopefully they'll get back with me soon.
>>
The monitor is a 25" Wells Gardner U2000, if that helps.
>>
File: we're in business.jpg (107KB, 572x770px) Image search: [Google]
we're in business.jpg
107KB, 572x770px
I figured it out. I'm in business.
>>
>>4241042
Is that your Hyperspin setup from Amazon? How's the game selection?
>>
>>4241064
Yeah, that's the one. I made a MAJOR FUCKING MALFUNCTION though. I used QuickRes to change the resolution to one my monitor couldn't support. Now I'm reinstalling Windows.

Don't be stupid, don't be me. Just keep the shit at 640x480 and be happy.

When you change resolutions in Windows, it will revert. Not so with QuickRes. That's one major fucking problem with that software.

At least now I know what I did before and how to fix it quickly instead of wasting fucking hours trying to get the monitor up and running. Hopefully I'll be back in business in about 30 minutes.
>>
>>4241098
You should have just temporarily connected a normal monitor and changed the resolution back.
>>
>>4241130
Yeah, I know. We learn from our mistakes.

Installing barebones Windows is easy, because I'm installing off of a thumb drive onto an SSD. Honestly, it really doesn't take very long at all.
>>
Where's the supergun for idiots guide?
>>
>>4241042
Shit yeah! What was the fix?
>>
>>4241287
Right Click Desktop > Display Settings
Display Adapter Properties
Adapter tab > List All Modes

I was fucking up, because I was going to the Monitor tab, not the Display Adapter tab.
>>
So, I'm able to play some games, but it doesn't look quite right, and the button assignments are all fucky. I have some configuring yet to do.
>>
>>4242005
It's probably because you're doing 480i instead of 240p
>>
>>4242161
There are very specific resolutions that the ArcadeVGA can support that no other video card can. After you modify the MAME ini file and install the xml list of the resolutions of the games, then it is absolutely pixel perfect.

Not all games run the same resolutions. For example, Mortal Kombat runs 400x256, and Galaga runs 224x288. When you install this file, MAME will automatically adjust screen resolution to match the game.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.