[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is one of the best SNES games, and second only to LTTP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: sb.jpg (27KB, 480x347px) Image search: [Google]
sb.jpg
27KB, 480x347px
This game is one of the best SNES games, and second only to LTTP as an action RPG on the system. I've thought this ever since the game came out in 1992.
>>
>>4238491
soul blazer is so comfy
>>
>>4238492
exactly. I never get tired of playing through every few years. Have done that for damn near 25 years.
>>
I love everything about this game but one thing: it's so short and easy it doesn't really feel that satisfying when you beat the game.
>>
>>4238491
Man I've got some solid nostalgia for this game. Not my favourite but takes me back to a really good time in my life. Memories of playing it at dusk in winter, with smoke from woodfires hanging in the air. Cozy as fuck.
>>
I didn't really like it that much. The biggest problem the game has is the four directional movement, which makes battles way more frustrating than they should be. Besides that, the story was mediocre and the music was hit or miss (the Underground Castle theme is fire though). Illusion of Gaia was a big improvement, and Terranigma is easily one of my favorite games on the SNES.
>>
>>4238491

ALttP isn't an action RPG
>>
It's cool and fun but it's got two direct sequels that improve on it hugely.
>>
It's good, but overrated. The battle system is clunky and the monster lair system gets really old fast. The sequels are better.
>>
I went back and revisited this game recently.

It wasn't quite as good as I remembered. It's actually pretty simple, and gets a bit tedious after a while.

But I'm still fond of it, and I just might replay this again someday.
>>
Am I the only one who likes this more than the sequals and thinks its an objectively better game? The gameplay is solid.

I don't think it gets old with the lairs, nor do I find the combat clunky. It has some of the best graphics on the system, especially considering it was one of the earlier titles. The soundtrack is especially good.

It has a formula and little story, but that works. I don't replay a game for the story, but because it's fun. The lairs, the reward of watching the towns be put back together is addicting. The areas and settings where you fight are varied and really creative. The special "soul" sphere where your magic comes from is pretty awesome and takes skill to use.
>>
>>4238491

Zelda isn't an RPG at all you faggot retard
>>
>>4238540
>overrated
I don't think you know what that word means.
>>
>>4238491
>Enemy Spawners: The Game
>>
>>4238540
>Overrated
>Soul Blazer
This game is more forgotten than overrated. Terranigma and Illusion of Gaia are more praised than Soul Blazer.
>>
>>4239049
Yeah but they were also better games.
>>
>>4239069
>>4239069
>Illusion of Gaia
>better
>>
>>4238491
>This game is one of the best SNES games
No, but I really like it. Best of the trilogy for sure.
>LTTP as an action RPG
God no.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.