[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>$200 >can't play Super Mario RPG >can't play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: SD2NES_Shell_Black.png (709KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
SD2NES_Shell_Black.png
709KB, 850x850px
>$200
>can't play Super Mario RPG
>can't play Super Meme Island 2
>can't play Star Fox

Why?
>>
>>4237893
What a random ass label
>>
Pretty sure Krizz carts can't play Yoshi's Island either. Not sure about Start Fox or Mario RPG.

If you have to sacrifice compatibility either way, you may as well grab a cheap Chinese cart and get repros of everything else.

Now fuck off with these obvious shill threads.
>>
There are no flash carts that csn emulate Super FX and whatever enhancement chip Super Mario RPG uses, fag.
>>
Can this "meme" meme just die already?
>>
>>4238247
>Can this "meme" meme just die already?

Not when you carelessly bump the thread.
>>
>>4237893
>playing everdrives and not original games
I do want one tho
Solely for mario world hacks
>>
>>4238256
A lot of SMW hacks don't work on original hardware because the hacks are built to be played on emulators.
>>
>>4237893
Because electronics things beyond your comprehension
>>
>>4237893
Literally the only thing stopping me from getting a SNES flashcart.
>>
>>4237893
>>4237914

It can't play;
Starfox or any FX chip game
Mario RPG
Kirby Dreamland 3 or Superstar
Yoshi's Island
Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension

It cant play the Sufami turbo shit either, not like you would want to though. The full incompatibility list is here https://sd2snes.de/blog/compatibility

It does play Megaman X2/X3 which I think I remember hearing wouldnt work on other flashcarts at the time because of the weird chip in the carts for those sigma wireframe models. When you consider the cost of games like Megaman x2/3 is almost the same as the Flashcart, it's not that bad. I just have a few of the incompatible games and then the Everdrive for everything else
>>
With the exception of Super Mario RPG, all the notable games that don't work with SD2SNES do not require English to play. Import a JP copy for a quarter of the price for the games you can't flash, and call it a day. It's *still* cheaper than buying legit SNES carts, because the SNES is bubble-tastic.
>>
Would leaving a chip slot open on a Flash cart, and leaving it to the customer to salvage a FX chip and put it on the flashcart work?

Or did they use different FX chips for different games
>>
>>4238782
>it's not that bad

Yes it is. It would still be cheaper to get a shit cart and a bunch of repros of whatever your shit cart isn't compatible with.

>when you consider the insanely high values of reseller games right now...

And that has nothing to do with anything. Get a shit Flash cart and repros for everything else. It's cheaper than any other scenario you can possibly fathom, except emulation.
>>
>>4238782
you can get those shitty mm games sfc for cheap
>>
>>4238269

>A lot of SMW hacks don't work on original hardware because the hacks are built to be played on ZSNES.
>>
>>4238902
different chips for different games.
What's implemented in FGPA:
• S-RTC
• S-DD1
• DSP_
• Capcom Cx4

What's NOT implemented in FGPA:
• Super FX
• SA1
• ST01_
• some gay shit nobody cares about

>can't they just be implemented???
YES*. There's no incentive though. Shit's hard and nobody will pay you.
Who knows, maybe tomorrow some basement autist releases a new firmware with full compatibility? Or maybe some jew sets up a fundraiser so some fgpa pro can program the compatibility in and get paid?
it'll happen eventually

*) unless i'm mistaken, the ST01_ is the only one that's literally impossible to implement to the current physical builds of sd2snes because of some clock speed shit
>>
How about he just upgrades to a modern FGPA that can handle all the chips instead of the antique he's currently cucking himself with?
>>
>>4239156
it's not a question of "being able to handle" but "who can be assed to write 9001 lines of verilog emulating obscure hardware"
>>
>>4239241
>emulating
describing
>>
>>4239156
>>4239241
>>4239245

this. It's a field-programmable chip. Someone has to program it. Shit doesn't come magically working out of the box.
>>
>>4239241
Jesus christ, are you retarded? Everything in emulation requires programming, the documentation is all there, software implementation already exist, none of that is the issue.

It's very literally a question of "being able to handle it". The problem with implementing these chips stems from how much logic he can cram into a dated FPGA. The capacity of a modern FPGA is way higher. It'd also solve the memory limitation issues with a couple of the obscure mahjong chips that nobody cares about if anyone ever wanted to implement them.
>>
>>4239139
Thanks for the informative reply friend
>>
>>4239139
Seeing how SA1/fx is connected to the board I guess it would be close to impossible to transplant easily anyway. I thought they were more like ROM style that could be desoldered
>>
>>4237893
Just wait. Progress from last May:

Fixed a long standing critical DAC timing quirk causing audio distortion with MSU1 on any revision except Rev.G
Fixed a clock glitch on SD card access from FPGA that could lead to audio/video distortion with MSU1
Properly map SRAM to Banks f0-ff instead of f0-fb in Mode 20 (“LoROM”) memory map
Added support for headered bsxbios.bin too
Slight SD card read performance optimization for MSU1 (avoid unaligned reads)
Change initial SRAM fill value (courtesy of devinacker) – fixes Ken Griffey Jr., Ou-Chan, and possibly other games that don’t perform a proper SRAM content sanity check
Always start game on PPU2 field 0. This doesn’t fix any known issue but is put in for compatibility’s sake.
>>
File: 1487967458912.png (382KB, 510x512px) Image search: [Google]
1487967458912.png
382KB, 510x512px
>>4239620

>Last May
>Even then almost no newly compatible games, instead spending his time on dumb shit like MSU1

When will krikzzfags finally admit they threw their money in a hole?
>>
>>4239620
>MSU1
>MSU1
>MSU1

Who gives a fucking shit about MSU1? I want REAL chips perfected BEFORE fan shit, please.
>>
>>4240291
Games I can't play:
>Mario RPG
>Kirby's Dreamland 3
>Kirby Super Star
>Star Fox
>Star Fox 2
>Yoshi's Island

Games I can play:
>Mario World
>Zelda 3
>Super Metroid
>Mario All-Stars
>Mario Kart
>F-Zero
>Pilotwings
>Super Punchout
>Final Fantasy II, III (or their fanslated Japanese counterparts, and V)
>Chrono Trigger
>Earthbound
>Secret of Mana
>Secret of Evermore
>Illusion of Gaia
>EVO
>Breath of Fire 1, 2
>Lufia 1, 2
>Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3
>Mega Man X, X2, X3
>Earthworm Jim 1, 2
>Super Star Wars trilogy
>Super Ghouls n Ghosts
>Demon's Crest
>Castlevania IV, Dracula X
>Aladdin
>Lion King
>Magical Quest 1, 2
>Sparkster
>Shadowrun
>Contra 3
>Turtles in Time
>Final Fight
>Fatal Fury 1, 2
>Sunset Riders
>King of Dragons
>Knights of the Round
>King of the Monsters 2
>Sunset Riders
>Zombies Ate My Neighbors
>Street Fighter II (all of them)
>Mortal Kombat 1, 2, 3
>Killer Instinct
>Act Raiser
>Harvest Moon
>Sim City
>Tetris & Dr. Mario
>Tetris Attack
>Kirby's Avalanche
>Kirby's Dream Course
>Wario's Woods
>Yoshi's Cookie
>Yoshi Safari
>Mario Paint
>Super Bomberman 1, 2, 3, 4
>Mystical Ninja
>Battletoads & Double Dragon, Battlemaniacs
>Super R-Type, III
And the other 99% of the SNES library
>>
>>4239156
>Here's SD2SNES 2.0.
>That would be $499 plus tip, please.
>>
>>4240291
SD2SNES isn't a Krikzz product
>>
>>4240663
Can it play Super Bomberman 5?

This is very important
>>
> spending $200 on a flash cart

You know roms can be found online for free, right?
>>
>>4241903
perro caca
>>
>>4237893
>can't play Super Meme Island 2
It can't play Super Adventure Island 2?
>>
>>4241908
I think he meant Yoshi's Island, but is retarded (hence this thread creation)
>>
>>4241567
Why it wouldn't?
>>
Everdrive SNES China Version is about 50 bucks and while sure it has the problems of sd 2 snes and more for the price its not bad.
for the the games that you cant play like the fx chip games, just get a pirate copie from aliexpress.
>>
>>4241903
Yes, which is why we are buying a device that allows us to play those free roms on real hardware.
>>
>>4240291
>>4240445
>SD2SNES is open source, not krikzz
>anyone can improve its functionality
>everyone capable chooses to improve MSU-1

it is as if playing MPEGs and MP3s on a SNES is why anyone would pay $200
>>
>>4244904
hardware just can't do it.
I'm sure the makers would die to have all the chips emulated properly, but it just can't be done with the FPGA they used.
>>
>>4237893
Should've done some research before you bought it anon. When I bought it in July, I knew going in I wasn't able to play all three of those games and needed to buy them seperately on eBay.

Star Fox might be playable someday, but I wouldn't bet on it in the near future.
>>
>>4238906
I could be entirely wrong here, but doesn't the chink super everdrive have some issue with voltage that could potentially harm the console? I hope that's bullshit
>>
>>4247316
i have it for couple of months now and im playing with it on a super retro trio and it worked fine with no problems...also have a chink everdrive for the genesis and also have no problems with it up to this point
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.