[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people lose their shit at me when I say I don't like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Super_Metroid_title.png (7KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Metroid_title.png
7KB, 256x224px
Why do people lose their shit at me when I say I don't like Super Metroid or Super Mario World?

They're just not my cup of tea, I've always preferred JRPG's on the SNES.
>>
File: comfydemifiend.gif (282KB, 575x450px) Image search: [Google]
comfydemifiend.gif
282KB, 575x450px
As a speedrunner of Super Metroid, I can understand how SM is simply not someone's cup of tea.

Also, I enjoy jrpgs, so you've got good taste regardless.
>>
>>4236793
Probably for the same reason FFVIIkiddies go apeshit when I say that I refer one of the other FF games to FFVII?
>>
why does this feel like a bait thread that belongs on /v/?
I doubt anyone cares what OP (dis)likes, he just made up a scenario to get people riled up
>>
>>4236817
You've been spending too much time on /v/.

Shit moves so fast it's nothing but bait posts to get attention.
>>
Disliking certain games and genres is normal and nothing to be ashamed of. If anything, not disliking anything would be a sign of a rather unrefined taste in such matters.

What's obnoxious is when people misinterpret their dislike for a certain game as a defect in the game itself and you end up with edgy contrarian shitthreads like "hurf durf X is a bad game".

Looking at you, /vr/.
>>
>>4236817
Why does it feel like you know to much about /v/? Maybe this is not your place pal.
>>
>>4236793
>Why do people lose their shit at me when I say I don't like Super Metroid or Super Mario World?
No one cares little snowflake, it's only in your mind
>>
File: 1450297260101.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450297260101.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>4236793
SMB3 and Zero Mission are objectively better in gameplay and design
>>
>>4236793
>Why do people lose their shit at me when I say I don't like Super Metroid or Super Mario World?
That's fine.
>They're just not my cup of tea, I've always preferred JRPG's on the SNES.
But this is just shit taste speaking.
>>
File: efc32e716aae441d1cb6ab734a4e2eb9.jpg (723KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
efc32e716aae441d1cb6ab734a4e2eb9.jpg
723KB, 1600x1200px
>i'm gonna bitch online cuz i ran out of adderall
Sums it up for you OP. On all sides.

Moral of the story is: don't run out, or if you DO run out, run out to Walmart and buy some benzedrex.
>>
>>4236793
I've never played Metroid and I had a SNES, I didn't even know it existed until I saw threads on 4chan about it
>>
>>4236793
I enjoy super Metroid but I can agree it's a poor action game and not as good as the fanbase says.
>>
>>4236793
Where do people lose their shit on you? I liked Super Metroid well enough, but I've mentioned here many many times how boring I think the Mario games are and have never been given any kind of shit over it.
>>
>>4236793
Nice blog post. Upvoted.
>>
File: 1310487992902.png (48KB, 500x1397px) Image search: [Google]
1310487992902.png
48KB, 500x1397px
>>4236858
that is objectively true my friend. Although SM has better tension and atmosphere. Anyone that says different simply doesnt understand the context of the game or the entertainment of the time period it was released in.

>friends 12th birthday party
>watching gory scifi movies on VHS all evening
>aliens, robocop, total recall, universal soldier on his big screen TV with surround sound in the motherfucking year of our lord 1994
>Plugs in SM for the first time
>Hear dat intro for the first time
>we all play card games and watch the birthday boy play SM
>>
>>4237149
>Anyone that says different simply doesnt understand the context of the game or the entertainment of the time period it was released in.
>Now let me tell you a story about when I was 12

Fucking classic /vr
>>
>>4236793
>preferring jRPGs
you just went from harem to maximum harem
>>
>>4236793
>makes an entire thread to express his dislike of two popularly acclaimed games
>>
>>4237162
"Why don't people like me and my toxic opinions?"
>>
>>4236793

because in it's time it was incredible.

I remember vividly going into stores where they'd have super nintendo kiosks and the vibe you got from playing super metroid was like nothing else

reminded me of the first time i saw aliens
>>
>>4237169
>toxic

Get out
>>
File: wtf_mister.jpg (156KB, 492x460px) Image search: [Google]
wtf_mister.jpg
156KB, 492x460px
>>4237160

>you just went from harem to maximum harem
>>
>>4237310
I think he meant haram

Or maybe he meant harem as a compliment
>>
>>4237315
I assumed that, he still deserved that loli reaction face
>>
>>4236793
No one cares about what you dislike, but the fact that you think we need a thread about how special you are for not liking popular things is fucking sad.

You're either a severe narcissist or really desperate for validation, either way, I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>4237412
Actually I made the thread hoping people would share their experiences of not liking popular games.
>>
>>4237534
So like a containment thread for other self-important attention whores? That's actually a wonderful idea. I'll see myself out and hide this thread.
>>
>>4236793
You obviously lack taste. There's so many fun games for Nintendo and yet you rather play a turn based RPG? Boring.
>>
>>4237534
I don't like a lot if popular games, like almost all platformers for example. No one has ever given me any sort of grief over or even seemed to care.
>>
I don't understand how someone can dislike a certain genre.

Like, I won't get upset, because MOST people aren't going to like every genre, but like, I still don't get it

Racing sims, arcade racers, strategy games, sports games, simulator sims, I like them all.

Hell, I even like Turnbased JRPGs AND western RPGs, two drastically different kinds of games
>>
>DAE hate video games
>does my opinion make me special and unique
>>
I don't like cutesy games.

I don't like Mario, I don't like Kirby, I don't like any 3D platformers, not even the ones from Rare. It just doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>4236793
This is the kind of thing that belongs inside a thread as a post, not be its own thread. Nobody likes it when someone makes a goddamn PSA about their opinions like they're supposed to matter to everyone.
>>
>>4236793
SMW was where the aesthetics of Mario started to put me off. When Mario got a voice, that was the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>4236858
>garbage
>mediocre
Get out.
>>
>>4238915
But that's what every thread is. Someone's opinion. Stop crying, all of you.

>>4237705
>>4237692
>>4237553
>>4237412
>>4237162
>>4237119
>>4236927
>>4236845
>>4236817
>>
>>4239048
Not true, and even if someone is just making a thread with their opinion, they can express it more cogently than just saying "everyone likes this but i don't tee hee notice me senpai" like OP did. Don't encourage this kind of attention whoring.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.