[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HEY ASSHOLES DO YOU LIKE THE SEGA AGES 2500 SERIES OF PORTS/REMAKES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

HEY ASSHOLES
DO YOU LIKE THE SEGA AGES 2500 SERIES OF PORTS/REMAKES
I REALLY LIKE THE MONSTER WORLD ONE IT IS THE ONLY WAY I PLAY THAT SERIES THESE DAYS
>>
GOOD TO KNOW FAGGOT
BE SURE TO KEEP US POSTED
WHY ARE WE SCREAMING
>>
>>4236587
BECAUSE I WANT TO FUCK THAT LIME HAIRED BITCH FROM IV
SOMETIMES I JUST LET THE GAME RUN IDLE WITH THE DOWN BUTTON CLAMPED AND JACK OFF TO HER PRETENDING THAT I AM PUTTING HER IN A MATING PRESS
>>
>>4236591
I CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO THAT FEELING
>>
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG
>>
The Outrun remake was the fucking shit.
>>
File: nights02.jpg (212KB, 800x666px) Image search: [Google]
nights02.jpg
212KB, 800x666px
I bought Panzer Dragoon and unfortunately I don't think it controls very well. It could be the PS2's controller, I dunno.
Same with Nights, and I know that one has actual issues with the controls.
At least Nights came with a nice hardcover book.
>>
Die Hard Arcade and Virtua Fighter 2 are pretty good in Sega Ages. I like Hokuto no Ken a lot, even though it's a pretty simple game (just like the SMS version). Some games are lost opportunities like Virtua Racing that could be a straight arcade port or Outrun, which has good gameplay but hell if it isn't the ugliest shit ever along with that Golden Axe version
>>
tetris collection is nice
>>
I actually prefer the PS remakes over the originals. It's a shame we never got the PS2 Phantasy Star Collection in the US, though.
>>
What are the differences though, aside from playing with a PS2 controller?
>>
>>4239543
seconding this, I already played the original genesis version with no translation
>>
>>4236584
While I own the ST-V cart for Die Hard Arcade. I fucking love the Dynamite Deka port because you can play as SEGATA SANSHIRO... on a PS2.
>>
>>4239543
>>4240240
If I remember correctly, all of the graphics were redone.
>>
>>4241328
No, they're not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTXJKe5AEUw
>>
>>4241365
Wait, I could've sworn Phantasy Star 2 got a new look in that series, am I thinking of some other unrelated Phantasy Star port on the PS2?
>>
>>4241318
>Segata Sanshiro
>On a PlayStation console
That feels so wrong.
>>
>>4241394
There were stand-alone remakes of Phantasy Star 1 and 2 in addition to the compilation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a51VrfAdLRo
>>
>>4241394
If I remember right the Ages games aren't consistent in what they do to the original title. Some are mostly the same, some are rehauled, it depends.
>>
>>4236584
>called "sega ages 2500"
>actually costs 2625 yen
>>
>>4242236
The additional 125 yen is sales tax.
>>
>>4238561
>The Outrun remake was fucking shit
ftfy
>>
>>4242227
Jesus, this is terrible.
>>
File: C63fgoiU0AAWV95.jpg (30KB, 683x745px) Image search: [Google]
C63fgoiU0AAWV95.jpg
30KB, 683x745px
>>
File: 1432930130869.png (5KB, 313x218px) Image search: [Google]
1432930130869.png
5KB, 313x218px
>>4245382
shake shake
>>
File: 55602_front.jpg (97KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
55602_front.jpg
97KB, 500x707px
>>4239543
As far as Monster World's AGES collection goes, it's mostly video options, FM sound support for Master System Dragon's Trap, and some other extras. The ports are actually really, really good for all of the compilations, what's more a bunch of them have English option for the menus and dialogue too as if they knew people would be importing that shit.
>>
>>4242223
He's also a playable character on Project XZone 2, which is a NINTENDO console game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2DKTapevjg
>>
For $25, the Sega Ages 2500 games were meant as bargain bin games. I like that the Treasure Box one includes the Game Gear games, options to switch between English and Japanese, and even options for progressive scan.

The earlier ones were partnerships with D3's budget line of Simple 2000/3000 line of games and remade the games awfully with interns. However as they kept going, someone came to their senses and just opted to port the originals as best as they can and offered options.

I have never played any Monster World games. The 4th one always gets my interest with the main character. I got the M2 port on Xbox 360 called SVC Monster World. Never had the incentive to give it a go since the game series was avoided in my past.
>>
>>4247305
You got all the more reason to play them then. Plus, Dragon's Trap got a real neato remake that also gives a lot of graphical options so even if you hate the new artstyle you can just do the master system graphics and mix and match the rest.
>>
>>4247305
It's such a shame they never made a Shinobi compilation as part of the series. Or a Golden Axe one for that. Revenge of Death Adder and Shadow Dancer could've used proper console ports.
>>
File: I_main_a_girly_mech.jpg (711KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
I_main_a_girly_mech.jpg
711KB, 2592x1944px
>>4247893
I will be honest and I am kind of afraid of the PSG noises a Master System makes. Coming from a NES home, the Master System sounds tend to be pretty sharp and irritating, but I am just fine with Genesis sounds. I should get that new remake one day, but is it alright for me to start with 4? As mentioned, it is just the protagonist that is alluring looking to me.

>>4248934
Yeah the Sega Ages 2500 games only had an ugly 3D rendition of the first Golden Axe. Just have to rely on MAME and Kega Fusion to enjoy those other titles at this time.
>>
>>4245382

>brrrrrrrrrap
>>
>>4250203
There's not much continuity between Monster World games, and even the ones that do share some are self-contained enough to enjoy as separate experiences.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.