[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm considering getting a new PSP since mine bricked not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 14

File: vvcap 2017-09-03-00-23-38.png (263KB, 447x363px) Image search: [Google]
vvcap 2017-09-03-00-23-38.png
263KB, 447x363px
I'm considering getting a new PSP since mine bricked not too long ago and I need my portable emulation machine.

Is the Go a good alternative? I've heard it has some limitations or something like that.
Does it support memory sticks?
>>
>>4233672
I've also been considering getting a PSP again for the sake of emulation. It can still take memory cards but the lack of a UMD drive for super cheap PSP games is a bummer (and not /vr/ but whatever). Wish I knew more about the GO and emulation but I've never even touched one myself.

Hopefully someone else can chime in on this but I'd be surprised if the thread isn't deleted soon.
>>
a psp was acceptable like 10 years ago.

Get a n3ds for portable emulation. Its signicificantly better than a psp in every way (except ps1 which isnt perfect on psp)
>>
>>4233728
This is true, vc injections for gb/c/a, nes, snes and gamegear.

>>4233672
PSPGO is very small and has dualshock 3 support. Theres also a very expensive cradle that lets you charge and video out at the same time. Expanding the storage is expensive though.

The model 2 and model 3 have bigger screen, are more comfortable, and can use micro sd adapters.
>>
>>4233672
If you want to play physical copies of PSP games or watch PSP movies, then avoid the PSP Go. Besides, it looks like it's lacking certain features that the original had.
>>
>>4233672
GPD XD
>>
>>4233728
>except ps1 which isnt perfect on psp

99% of games play perfectly on the psp at full framerate
>>
>>4234001
I own enough Sony handhelds and I can tell you PS1 on PSP is not 100% like /v/ says, and it is not 99% like /vr/ says.
>>
Curious because I own one, why not Vita for emulation?
>>
Silent Bomber is more-or-less unplayable.
>>
>>4234040
I own a pspgo and a psp2001

never had any problems with any ps1 games (eboots) there is a guide on which game iso's work and dont work if you google it.

The only real problem with psp's is the no second analog and no r2/l2 triggers. it makes playing good games anoying
>>
>>4234124
That's because people who claim shit like 99% and 100% never played enough games to get a proper sample size of the compatibility. I promise you it is not 99% or 100%, ability to boot or expected framerate wise. If you want a challenge, just ask.
>>
File: comfy_handheld.jpg (470KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
comfy_handheld.jpg
470KB, 1920x1440px
>>4233996
The GPD XD and all other Android-phones/Android-based game handhelds have about three times the input delay of the PSP Go. I'll make a webm thread on that in a few days because I've had it with people recommending this chink garbage.

If you have the money, get the GPD Win or a used OpenPandora. DO NOT buy a GPD XD, a Xperia Play or anything Android. If you're low on cash, get a PSP Go.
>>
File: OpenPandora_vs_PSP_Go.jpg (511KB, 1920x1350px) Image search: [Google]
OpenPandora_vs_PSP_Go.jpg
511KB, 1920x1350px
>>4234340
Also I own all devices I just listed and can confirm that anything but RPGs are absolutely unplayable on the XD and Xperia play, despite the dedicated gaming controls.
>>
>>4233996
>XD
kys
>>
>>4234340
only happens with dalvik gramps. get with the times
>>
>>4233707
Just get a microSD to M2 adapter.
>>
a PSP 3000 is fine enough for emulation, and you dont have to worry about the slide paner breaking

its also pretty sturdy considering how light it is, mine suffered some nasty encounters with the floor and its still fine, screen and all.
>>
>>4234734
Doesn't exist. They're roughly the same size.
>>
>>4234605
No, that's the actual name of the console, genius.
>>
>>4234607
You don't know what you're talking about. The phone in the picture runs Android 6.0. Android 6.0 uses ART instead of Dalvik.
Even my Nexus 5x running Android 8 has severe input delay compared to the PSP or OpenPandora. I'll do a comparison next week when I get my original Gameboy Advance back.
>>
>>4234889
inb4
>b-but the Xperia Play can't run Android 6.0
>>
I have the fat for emulation and I used the video out to continue playing if I'm at home. So that's either the 2000 or 3000. I used the Pandora Battery to flash mine. About 80% of the PSX games work fine if you have the right POPs but some are gonna have glyph oval glitches or straight out just lock up while loading or during certain areas of game play.
>>
>>4234605
>being this fucking dumb
no you kys
>>
>>4234892
is this supposed to be impressive?
>>
>>4234965
How about you read the fucking thread. No, it is supposed to prove that the Xperia Play does not use Dalvik and still has garbage-tier input delay, making it useless - just as any other Android device.
>>
>>4234124
Except the PSPGO can have full controller support with the ds3
>>
File: IMG_20170903_171237.jpg (997KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170903_171237.jpg
997KB, 3264x2448px
>>4233672
Just get a clip-on controller for your phone anon, like pic related. Any decent specced android phone can run Retroarch perfectly, no need keep yourself stuck in the past with some sub-hd portable.
>>
>>4233817
Nah, I just want to play everything digital, I don't own anything physical PSP wise

>>4234050
Vita is more expensive and considering the reason I would want one, I'm better off with a PSP
>>
Is the slide pad or overall Go size really that uncomfortable or people like to overreact?
>>
>>4235190
See
>>4234889

Android is garbage for emulation.
>>
>>4233672
PSP Go is goddamn fucking amazing and it's infinitely better than the older PSP models.

Also, you can plug it into your fucking TV and use it as a PS1 console (if you have a PS3 you can use a PS3 controller to play on it as well).

It's EXTREMELY easy to hack, too.

Basically, if you want to get a replacement PSP then the Go is the absolute best bang for your buck.
>>
>>4235083
>playing a handheld device with a console controller

I wouldnt be caught dead doing that shit
>>
>>4235207
It's a major overreaction. People bitch about the small screen size too but it barely makes any difference.

Once you spend 20 minutes playing with the Go you'll see why it's the definitive PSP model.
>>
>>4234132
Every PS1 game I've ever bothered to play ran just as good, or better on the PSP because you have some options to force in-game loading to be faster (would rather have the loading times I'm used to desu)
>>
>>4235260
When your yardstick is the 6 year old Xperia Play or a two year old budget phone like the Nexus 5X the yeah, you're gonna have a bad time. They can barely handle running the OS as-is, let alone emulators.
>>
>>4235305
It doesn't matter which phone you are using, this is not about lags or slowdowns. The 5x already emulates GBA at 100% fullspeed without frameskip (and so does the Xperia Play). Input delay is the same across devices, even high end phones with a snapdragon 835 have severe input delay due to the way the framebuffer works

https://www.inovex.de/blog/android-graphics-pipeline-from-button-to-framebuffer-part-1/

Also if you use a wireless controller (as some retard in this thread suggested), add another 30-50ms of input delay if you don't want to use the touchscreen.
>>
>>4235415
better explanation: https://source.android.com/devices/graphics/architecture
>>
Huh, why is this still on /vr/, it's been almost a day now
>>
>>4235415
>add another 30-50ms of input delay

Largest amount of bullshit I've ever heard. Whatever amount of input delay you think there is in Android, controller included, isn't noticeable whatsoever. It's absolutely not worth shilling some decade old handheld console over that doesn't even have a decent screen or full dual-shock layout.
>>
>>4235423
Autism. Pedophile. Idiot. Fucktard. Waste of oxygen. Find a tree and apologize to it for sucking up the air it worked so hard to create.

He wants to know if it's good for emulation, which is what every cunt on the planet uses a PSP for. Fucktard.
>>
>>4235443
Holy shit dude, calm yourself.
>>
>>4235443
lmao you're useless
>>
>>4235437
No worries, in your position, I'd probably say the same. I'll post a few WEBMs soon.
>>
>>4233672
I found a PSP 1000 model at Goodwill for $15. I had to go to Gamestop and buy a charger for $20. I got lucky because the PSP came with a 4gb memory stick.

I've always heard how great the PSP is at emulating. After softmodding it and adding the roms, I'm kind of disappointed. The NES and Genesis emulation is great. The SNES kind of sucks. Most of the games I want to play are slow, some are unplayable. I've read that N64 emulation is only good for a few games.
>>
>>4235536
Sega emulation is perfect.
Nes is great
Snes is okay
gameboy/color is great
playstaiton is great

PSP1000 is also a slower model of PSP
>>
>>4235289
I have a few questions then. First, what kind of cards does it use and are they easy to get a hold of? How is the headphone output? How does the D-pad compare to the normal PSP?
>>
>>4235536
>>4235590
I remember GBA emulation being fantastic as well.
>>
File: 1384630181084.jpg (113KB, 514x800px) Image search: [Google]
1384630181084.jpg
113KB, 514x800px
>>4235606
Not that guy but I learned the hard way the cons of a PSP Go. It does not use Memory Stick Pro Duo like PSP, so don't even think about buying PSP memory especially the aftermarket 2x MicroSD adapters that everyone raves about (it is a fantastic advantage). PSP Go instead uses Sony's M2 memory which is smaller and is used with some of their phones at the time. It is even rare to come across and the prices are utterly fucked. So the huge setback with PSP Go is to stick with the generous onboard 16GB but you won't have much options beyond that. Headphone output I have no comment on since it works like any 3.5mm output. D-pad is different. On PSP the d-pad is subjectively mushy, where as the PSP Go d-pad is mechanical and clicky, pretty much like Xbox One. PSP Go's analog nub is objectively in a worse position due to its slide design and its lack of ergonomic options. The PSP Go screen is almost physically slightly smaller than PSP but the resolution is still 480x272, so you are technically getting a slight boost in PPI. Oh and Sony yanked the battery capacitor (whatever it's called) out of the PSP Go so the battery bars and % reading are never accurate. If you are getting a PSP Go, it's most likely because of its bluetooth/Dualshock connectivity which no other PSP has.
>>
>>4233672
only real limitation of 3000/go is that there is no cfw autoloader, always have to run exploit to use cfw features on every bootup. aside from that, they're both superior to 1000/2000 and go has an actual stick.
>>
>>4235719
>there is no cfw autoloader,

Yeah there is
>>
>>4235590
1000 eventually dies from running at 333mhz all the time, piece of shit can't hack the heat. course no one will tell you that.
>>
>>4235726
excuse me, auto-'homebrew loader' for 6.60, your autisticness
>>
>>4235729
>says there isnt something
>DUDE YOU'RE AUTISTIC

Kill yourself my man.
There is no reason to not go back to a earlier firmware to use an auto loading CFW
>>
>>4235732
u=btfomaf
>>
>>4235727
Are you sure you aren't thinking of people using higher capacity batteries in PSPs which killed them? I ran my 1000 at 333mhz all the time and it was fine by the time I sold it to buy a Vita.
>>
what's the best phone to buy for emulation?
>>
>>4235812
Snapdragon 821 and as little bloatware as possible. So basically a Pixel or Pixel XL.
>>
I want to emulate PC engince CD games, are there any good options for the PSP? Retroarch can emulate Non-CD games
>>
>>4234975
I don't know how that proves the lag on emulation. It's an 64 emulator and it's running a video on the side.
Of course the performance would be better if he just emulate gba or something.
>>
>>4235487
I'll see if I can get some webm clips together too then, I've got a few different smartphone controllers and my phone supports usb3 keyboards, so it'd be interesting to see what results I get as well as putting this whole "Android is garbage for emulation, PSP is king" meme to bed for good.
>>
>>4233996
The XD is shit in general.
The Win is the one to get if you're serious.
>>
>>4235292
>Not bringing the video out cables for your playstation switch
>>
>>4235719
This is really a non issue as standby lasts for months and repatching takes 10 sec
>>
How is the GPD Win button layouts and quality of the d-pad/buttons?
>>
>>4236041
Layout is okay, better than the XD actually, it does not cramp the fingers as much, if you used a DS, it's kind of like that.
You can't complain about the d-pad/button quality, specially on the newer units, the rubber domes used are high grade and the sticks are the same as the Vita. Shoulder buttons are actual micro switches.
>>
>>4235443
Stop projecting.
>>
>>4233759
The psp 1000 can also use micro sd card adaptors, but it's less powerful than all the other models.
>>
File: IMG_20170903_203846.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170903_203846.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
>>4236113
pic related, mine
>>
>>4236117
it's unhealthy to hold your flaps open like that
>>
Any reason to wait for the GPD Win 2 or should I go ahead and get one now.

first units might be faulty, it'll be expensive at launch, will likely not be able to emulate PS2 games properly either are my reasons not to wait, actually waiting over a year for it is not that big of a deal for me, I have plenty of stuff to play already.
>>
>>4235536
>NES is great
Bullshit, a lot of frameskip in megaman games.
>>
>>4236201
>a lot of frameskip in megaman games.

>he uses frameskip

top pleb
>>
>>4236196
nobody knows if and when a GPD Win 2 would come out
the win already plays some PS2 games fine, it also takes some configuration to get things working properly,
most people don't bother or know, that's why you get rumors like it can't do something while it's actually possible
>>
>>4236196
Its gonna be about twice as expensive (CPU alone is 280$)

GPD WIN already can play dreamcast perfectly, and Gamecube with some tweaks, so if you are not going to play anything beyond that, overpaying is silly.
>>
>>4233728
3DS does not have video output jack to play on TV at home.

Playing a handheld in pubic ruins your eyesight, posture, and social awareness.
>>
>>4236154
Obligatory
https://youtu.be/Gfw4yxn_kPQ
>>
>>4235743
What?
Higher capacity batteries can kill a PSP?
Tell me more.
>>
Does the PSP GO have a superior screen than the PSP 3000 despite its size and discounting pixel density?

I mean it is the latest model with the newest LCD technology right?

I know the that each new revision of the DS and 3DS came with a better screen (better viewing angles, better black levels, less ghosting, etc.)

Then again I have heard someone say that the very lastest hardware revison of the new3DS (new2DS XL?) has a bad screen. Does anyone have more information about this? I want to play SNES on the go without resorting to the use of a normie device ("smart"phone).
>>
>>4233672
i've had this, was fun for a while, you can play ps1 games on a tv with a dock and your dual shock 3 controllers paired but the battery sucked so bad i had to sell it.
>>
>>4236386
dude holy shit stop with the psp shit. it's total fucking dogshit
>>
>>4236154
I know, I was just doing it for the shot. I don't even open the slot anymore
>>
>>4236408
lol
>>
>>4236408
You're in a fucking PSP thread whining about people asking questions about the PSP. Sit there and think about how retarded you are.
>>
>>4236419
um the question was asked is go a good alternative. no it's fucking dog shit
>>
>>4236420
Its not dog shit, your mom is dog shit and so is Mr Miyamoto

Oh damn whats that smell on my shoe, oh yeah its your mom, I stepped on her earlier, lelelelelelel
>>
>>4236421
You could have reported him and ignored him, but you chose to type that out.
>>
>>4236434
and I laughed every second of the way.
felt good man
>>
>>4236434
reported for telling the truth? what is this google? ok
>>
>>4234892
>that framerate
>>
>>4234975
It's shit because it's a weak device, specially for Android 6 and N64 emulation. Input lag is normal for that. The thing is, even better devices that use Android with Dalvik will have input lag, just because of the Dalvik VM.
>>
>>4236420
Again- why are you in a psp thread complaining about people talking about the PSP you fucking mongoloid?
>>
>>4233672
The PSP works okay, but what if I want to emulate N64 as well as PSX?
>>
>>4236376
You know what? My memory is a bit shit and I think I had it a little bit backwards. Basically the newer PSP models (2000 and/or 3000, might've been just the 3000) had lower capacity batteries in them than those included with the 1000s, so people were putting the 1000's battery inside of the newer PSPs for the obvious benefit. I asked about this and was warned by two seperate game shop owners in my area that doing so was fucking up the newer PSPs and frying them. They both knew their shit and one of them even regularly repaired PSPs so I just took his word for it, never had any personal experiences with the issue though.

Could've just been bullshit I guess.
>>
>>4236386
The PSP 3000/GO screen is less blurry, but the tradeoff is a dithering effect in motion, which one you prefer is a matter of prefence.
None of the screens are good by modern standards, good LCD displays have only recently become cheap enough to use in lower-end consumer products. That said, they are better than the garbage Ninty was using until the New3DS which has its own huge caveat in that it may or may not use a vastly superior IPS panel. Many have the same screen as the older 3ds models and there's no way to tell without powering the unit on.

A N3DS with the good screen is a much better emulation device than any PSP, but it's more expensive and an annoying lottery.
>>
>>4236776
>what if I want to emulate N64

GPD Win/Pocket is your only solution, N64 emulation is still garbage on anything but Windows.
>>
>>4234040
I own 2 PSP devices and the only game which has issues is Rayman 2. Everything else worked just as good as it would on PS1.

>>4234892
>a 6 year old weak as shit phone struggles to emulate games
No shit.

>>4236002
>>4236196
>>4236959
>he wants windows garbage in his pocket

>>4235812
Oukitel K10000 Pro. Insanely large battery and no bloatware like Samsung devices. It's also only 200$. If you use Bluetooth controllers they will have huge input lag on any device without Bluetooth 5.0. In which case get OnePlus 5, Xiaomi Mi6, Xperia XZ Premium, or the upcoming Pixel 2. Although I'd still recommend to wire your phone or use an external receiver.

>>4236959
N64 runs fine on android and linux too.
>>
>>4237025
>Oukitel K10000 Pro
hmm a 200 dollar chinese phone. Im sure nothing could possibly go wrong with that
>>
>>4237039
Works fine 4 me desu.
>Chinese phone
So? OP, Huawei and Xiaomi are good quality brands. That's like saying American devices are shit because there are so many garbage brands like Blu, InFocus, etc.
>>
>>4237076
>Huawei
lol
That shit breaks within seconds. Awful quality all-around.
>>
>>4237084
>complaining about Chinese build quality
>worst built phones are from HTC, the only manufacturer to not build phones in China
>>
>>4237084
I have a Huawei router and it works fine.
>>
>4236358
The Wii is better for emulating on a big screen and is dirt cheap.
>>
File: sfa3.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
sfa3.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>4235997 here, got a few clips together. Time to face it /VG/, any input lag in android died along with Dalvik.
>>
File: sf2t.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
sf2t.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>4237192
>>
Get a 3000 or 2000 better dpad better shape plus less scratches on screen.
>>
If you're going to go the PSP route for emulation, better buy an old snes controller you're willing to take apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLxfY2Cpzos
>>
File: truxton.webm (1009KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
truxton.webm
1009KB, 640x360px
>>4237195
And here's that wired keyboard, just to lose any Bluetooth lag that might be there.
>>
>>4237192
Downloaded the video and did a frame by frame analysis. There's definetely lag on the stick. Dunno if it's because of the deadzone or just normal responsiveness of the game, but it's there
>>
>>4237371
It's just huge deadzone, they're cheap digital sticks that don't trigger until right at the end. There ain't a huge amount of options for dual analog android controllers that clip onto the device, and the only reason I have it is to play PS1 and PSP games which you can't do on the SNES one.
>>
>>4237195
You just might have convinced me to buy one of those.
>>
>>4237406
You won't be disappointed anon, 8bitdo make great stuff. Even works on original hardware with the right adapter. Not keen on the NES version though, they added on a bunch of extra buttons to give it a SNES layout and it just looks like crap.
>>
>>4237192
lol psp users BTFO
>>
>>4237025
>>he wants windows garbage in his pocket
How is it relevant if you're just going to use it for emulation?
Windows sadly has the best emulator support. So if anything, it's a plus for a device you use for emulation.
>>
>>4237025
Android N64 emulators are MUCH worse than what's available on Windows.

>>4237192
for lagfags anything above 0-frame lag is unacceptable.
Nevermind the fact that original hardware had ~2 frames of input lag as well, at least on general consumer setups.
>>
>>4237371
>30 fps
you're fucking retarded
>>
File: inputdelay.webm (1MB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
inputdelay.webm
1MB, 1280x640px
>>4237192
>>4237195
>>4237239
Do you even know what Dalvik means? The Xperia Play doesn't use Dalvik and neither do all the other phones I tested (5x on oreo, huawei p8 lite on 6.0, Galaxy S7 Edge on Android 7). I'll make a comprehensive video in a few days (including the GBA, which has less input delay than the PSP Go) just because fucking morons like you think their shitty reflexes and 30fps cameras are proof that Android does not have input delay due to the way the framebuffer is constructed.
>>
>>4239178
This video was captured at 240fps, meaning each frame is approximately 4.166ms apart from the next (the shutter speed is higher than 1ms so the time values are obviously approximations). The video is played back at exactly 1/5th the speed and you can clearly see that the Android phone has at least DOUBLE the input delay of the PSP Go.

And please, don't give me all that
>hurr durr old phone
bullshit. There are 0 dropped frames on the Xperia Play and it emulates all GBA games with ease. If anything, the PSP struggles to emulate certain MODE7 games. Yet it has less input delay. Why do you think that is?
>>
>convo devolves into to arguing about near insignificant input delay once again
I think it might be time to get a new hobby, lads.
>>
>>4236568
I said read the thread you fucking mongloid. This video showcases multiwindow, a feature that came with 6.0.1. An OS that does not use Dalvik (which is, according to some faggots here, the reason why there was input delay on old devices). The Xperia Play on 6.0.1. uses ART. Plus, all other phones I tested behave exactly the same. No phone, no matter how new, beats the PSP in terms of input delay.
>>
>>4239187
You didn't read my post.
I wasn't talking about Dalvik.
>>
This thread is _literary_ full of tech illiterates, who have no idea about emulators or hardware.
>>
>>4237192
>>4239181
This video was captured at 240fps, meaning each frame is approximately 4.166ms apart from the next
Your videos are captured at 30fps, meaning the absolute minimum amount of input delay you could measure is 30ms. On your 1st button press I count at least 2, if not 3 frames of delay, meaning a good 60-90 ms (which is more than both the 6 year old Xperia Play and the 500 year old PSP Go).

>>4239190
>The thing is, even better devices that use Android with Dalvik will have input lag, just because of the Dalvik VM.

>I wasn't talking about Dalvik.
>>
>>4239195
>>I wasn't talking about Dalvik.
This wasn't my argument about your post, it was just a comment about Dalvik.
The Xperia Play is an old ARM shit, even without Dalvik it will struggle with emulators. Better phones (hardware wise) WITH Dalvik will also have input lag, just because Dalvik already.
>>
>>4239178
meh. call me when theres input lag on the nvidia shield
>>
>>4239197
There is no evidence for your argument because all phones I tested have input delay.

>>4239203
The shield has input lag.
>>
>>4239207
and im sure you have some evidence of this?
>>
>>4239207
>There is no evidence for your argument because all phones I tested have input delay.
There is no evidence that weaker devices have more trouble emulating? Bullshit.
Also, any emulation will have input lag, but good hardware will have actually LESS input lag then the real console.

Using phones for emulation with _meme_ clip on controllers is pretty lackluster for anyone serious about emulating on a handheld device.
I'm a ex-PSP and ex-OpenPandora fag, currently using a GPD Win, everything else I've tried over the years, like Android/iOS phones have been "barely okay" at best.
>>
File: openpandora_stepmania.jpg (327KB, 1476x971px) Image search: [Google]
openpandora_stepmania.jpg
327KB, 1476x971px
>There is no evidence that weaker devices have more trouble emulating? Bullshit.

100% speed, no dropped frames. What's the evidence the Xperia Play is too slow for GBA when it runs the emulator and the OS just fine? Why does the 5x as fast Nexus 5x have about the same amount of delay?

>Also, any emulation will have input lag, but good hardware will have actually LESS input lag then the real console.

>I'm a ex-PSP and ex-OpenPandora fag

No shit.

So am I. Here's Stepmania on an OpenPandora.
>>
>>4239234
>100% speed, no dropped frames. What's the evidence the Xperia Play is too slow for GBA when it runs the emulator and the OS just fine? Why does the 5x as fast Nexus 5x have about the same amount of delay?
We weren't talking about a particular system to emulate, just about the simple fact that the speed of emulation is dependent on the hardware it runs on.
GBA is not a very difficult platform to emulate.
>>
>>4239239
>GBA is not a very difficult platform to emulate.

I was talking about the Xperia Play having inherently worse input delay than the PSP despite being faster and the Nexus 5x not being better despite being magnitudes faster. GBA is a great example because it runs fullspeed across devices.
>>
it's 2017 and the psp is still the best gaming handheld.

Shameful.
>>
How do I find a psp that has a perfect screen these days
>>
>>4239250
pretty much everyone agrees it's the gpd win now, grandpa
even people who dislike chink shit
>>
>>4239262
No.
>>
>>4239264
Care to explain?

Even when not mentioning non-/vr/ platforms up to what is can easily emulate, like PS2, GameCube and some Wii games, or playing natively older Windows games.
It still has better support for things like SNES or N64 that the PSP is not _perfect_ with. It also has a better screen, better controls and can easily play /vr/ level games for 7 hours straight.
>>
>>4238349
>what is Linux

>>4238374
How is N64 bad on android? The games I played so far work at full speed on my device and it's 10 times weaker than my PC.
>>
>>4236358
Might as well just buy a Wii or something then, or hook up a computer/Pi to your TV.
>>
>>4239330
>what is Linux
Something that sadly does not have as much of support as Windows does for emulators.
Also it has worse support for handheld gaming machines, the last proper devices with Linux that could be used as handhelds where N900 and OpenPandora. Android does not count here.
>>
>>4239339
It has as much support as windows does. They're both golden standard systems for open source emulators, which are the only relevant emulators on desktop.
>>
>>4235691
Is the analog stick at least better t han the one on the regular PSP models? I have a 3000 model and there are very few games where I can stomach using the stick. Maybe it's a bit worn but it doesn't really move very smoothly, it scrapes against the plastic casing of the device.
>>
>>4239178
>Still shilling a 6 year old phone that's running an OS with a far higher minimum spec, hacked on with a bunch of third party drivers

Keep working on that 'comprehensive' video lad.
>>
>>4239360
All psp analogs are shit
>>
File: 1433827172004-v.jpg (34KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1433827172004-v.jpg
34KB, 375x375px
>>4239407
>a post that explicitly states why the device is garbage and because it has twice the input delay of a handheld from 2003
>shilling
Do you know what that word means? I don't think you do.
>>
>>4239407
Nice reading comprehension
>>
>>4239526
Dalvik or no Dalvik, newer or older, a hack job is still a hack job. I'm sure if you removed the entire OS from the PSP and got a bunch of script monkeys on XDA to write you a new one, it'd perform like garbage too.

Stop using shitty old phones from the dark age of Android, running a hack OS cobbled together by a bunch of high school students as proof that Android is garbage for emulation.
>>
>>4239330
There are only 2 N64 emulator cores that every emulator uses on Android, both of them have different bugs due to heavy use of various speedhacks that you have absolutely no option to turn off.

For instance on one Turok 2 will have clear cut instead of fog and flickering blood splatter, but nice lighting, on the other fog and blood would look as intended, but the dynamic lights would bug out in many instances.

PC emulators allow for much deeper customability and WIN's power allows to run N64 games without such speedhacks.
>>
>>4239586
>Stop using shitty old phones from the dark age of Android, running a hack OS cobbled together by a bunch of high school students as proof that Android is garbage for emulation.

I am not using it and I'm not trying to get anyone else to use it you dumb fuck. It's a fucking piece of garbage that should be avoided at all costs but what you fail to see here is the reason its garbage is because it runs Android. End of story. Hack job or not, input delay affects all devices and there is not a single Android device in the world that comes even close to the PSP in terms of input delay.
>>
>>4233672
Get a 3.60 Vita instead, it blows the PSP out of the water.
>>
How is the GPD Win when used on a TV? I kind of want a switch like functionality of playing on the big screen or on the go. I was reading how there was some lag with the XD when playing on TV
>>
>>4241198
You plug in the Mini HDMI or DisplayPort into the TV and done. No different than a laptop.

Lag? It's literary like a desktop GPU connected to your monitor via HDMI or DisplayPort.
You're probably thinking about Intel Wireless Display shit, it was never meant to play games. Even the Switch uses wires.
>>
>>4235289
>>4235295

I've seen major complains about the Go's control placement, why are you so happy about it?
Legit curiosity.
>>
Has Vimms been killed?
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.