[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game any good? The hit detection seems sloppy and the bosses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1486742825652.gif (16KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
1486742825652.gif
16KB, 256x224px
This game any good? The hit detection seems sloppy and the bosses seem to go down to melee really easily.

Anyway, do you like this game? Are you a SHMUP fan or a non-SHMUP fan?
>>
>>4233071
Also seems like there's no point in choosing any other armor but Earth. Earth is just 10x better than the other armors.
>>
Sega CD version is better IMO. Hit detection is improved (at least for gems), and the music is remixed so it doesn't sound like it was recorded in a garage (although it's '80s as hell for something that came out in 1995). It's also way easier due to longer invincibility time and losing fewer points off your weapon meter after getting hit - I beat Normal mode on my second try, and I suck at shooters.

But yeah, fun game. Might try one of the harder difficulties tonight.
>>
Yep, PC Engine version was slightly harder.
You can totally cheese the shop system if you farm gems in one of the water levels with the bubbles then kill yourself and buy a continue, rinse and repeat. But I think that would be just cheating yourself.
>>
I like precisely because of how unlike a shmup it plays. It's designed to be a console game and it shows. Frankly the genre could use more fun console-ish mechanics like that.
>>
>called WINDS of Thunder
>WIND armor is absolute shit

earth > water > fire >>>>>>>>>>>> wind
>>
>>4233071
any differences between jap and us?
>>
>>4233949
> and the music is remixed so it doesn't sound like it was recorded in a garage
shit taste
>>
>>4233949
PCE version soundtrack is INFINITELY better. Far too many stupid effects used on the Sega CD music and it sounds more 'overproduced' than the raw metal fury of the original. I'll give it points for voice acting the intro and the shop chick though.
>>
File: 7fpJP9o.gif (483KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
7fpJP9o.gif
483KB, 141x141px
>>4233087
>Maxed out Earth armor
>Wrecking havoc on Bosque
>Japanese Yngwie Malmsteen is wanking off his guitar
>Comfy af
>>
>>4234458
it'd be easy to replace the music since they both stream it from the cd the same way.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.