[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a good class guide for this game? Been looking for one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

Is there a good class guide for this game? Been looking for one but so far found nothing. I know there are shit classes but can't figure out specially when all of them looks useful.
>>
File: art-015.jpg (38KB, 300x568px) Image search: [Google]
art-015.jpg
38KB, 300x568px
This is all I could really find
https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Ogre_Battle:_The_March_of_the_Black_Queen/Classes
>>
I'd say you should just go by trial and error, honestly. Which is a mildly harsh suggestion given how time-intensive the game can be, but I think that part of the fun of Ogre Battle is experiencing the variety of options available to you, and playing it without knowing the exact mechanics makes the experience feel much more emergent. You don't need to make "optimal" choices to succeed at the game, per se; in fact, getting a "perfect run" of Ogre Battle would be almost impossible without reading a step-by-step guide that makes all the choices for you, at which point you might as well just watch a video of someone playing the game.
>>
File: art-024.jpg (76KB, 405x480px) Image search: [Google]
art-024.jpg
76KB, 405x480px
This is an ogre battle artwork thread
>>
File: art-040.jpg (43KB, 300x410px) Image search: [Google]
art-040.jpg
43KB, 300x410px
>>4231085
very true. I loved the game so much when I was a kid and had no clue what I was really doing.
>>
File: art-032.jpg (81KB, 405x480px) Image search: [Google]
art-032.jpg
81KB, 405x480px
>>
File: Destinlord.jpg (74KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
Destinlord.jpg
74KB, 300x325px
>>4231012
The Roll Call section of this website
http://fantasyanime.com/legacy/mobq_backup/index.html is the most comprehensive class database I have been able to find for this game. All the other sections are very comprehensive as well
>>
>>4231012
Princesses (Amazon with a Royal Crown, two available, need high rep) and Liches (Sorcerer with Undead Ring) are the best two classes. Massive AoE damage, easy to acquire, can auto-kill undead.

Here's a class breakdown that's pretty good.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588541-ogre-battle-the-march-of-the-black-queen/faqs/48963
>>
File: art-044.jpg (40KB, 300x410px) Image search: [Google]
art-044.jpg
40KB, 300x410px
>>
>>4231194
>>4231201
Good stuff indeed. No matter how I try the reputation keeps low. Should I just eliminate the boss right away? I literally clean the whole map and kill all the shit but reputation its just bad
>>
File: obmotbq.png (80KB, 745x670px) Image search: [Google]
obmotbq.png
80KB, 745x670px
Should I forgive her?
>>
>>4231716
Seriously? Was it that hard to find gamefaqs?
>No matter how I try the reputation keeps low. Should I just eliminate the boss right away? I literally clean the whole map and kill all the shit but reputation its just bad
Read the walkthrough... which is incidentally also on gamefaqs. Basically don't take too long to complete maps, liberate cities/towns with high alignment units, and don't let the enemy recapture them.

>>4231717
Kill Deneb for rep points. If you really want pumpkinheads , you can still recruit them by wandering around the forest in her map with a high charisma leader.
>>
>>4231012
I wouldn't worry too much about which classes are optimal: most of them at least have a useful niche. The important thing is to keep their alignment within a range that allows you to promote them later. It sucks to get stuck with knights when you should have paladins.

>>4231716
Reputation does fall if you prolong a conflict in order to raise your kill-count. You also want to have high alignment units liberate towns, rather than demons, undead, hired killers, etc. You don't want those sorts of people to be the face of the rebellion.

Note that it takes a fair bit of effort to get the reputation meter to rise significantly.
>>
>>4231716
Reputation decreases when you spend too much time on maps (specifically, when enough days pass for you to collect tribute), when an enemy recaptures towns, and when you "liberate" towns with low alignment units. This last factor is probably THE most important one to have in mind, since it adds up quickly.

Alignment drops when high level units kill low level enemies. So, what I would suggest is having units dedicated to fighting enemies and units dedicated to liberating cities. Fighting units will quickly lose alignment, but as long as they don't liberate anything it won't matter. Liberating units will only fight when an enemy tries to recapture a city or something like that, and they will probably stay at equal or lower levels to the enemy anyhow, so their alignment should be high.

Simply raise your reputation by liberating towns with high alignment units. If I recall correctly, there's only ONE map in the game where you shouldn't liberate anything because the citizens won't like you at all (mild spoilers, it's the capital of the empire). Everywhere else, liberation means a slight increase to reputation, and that's always welcome.

In regards to Deneb, you CAN get her without locking yourself out of better characters that require high reputation, but it's tricky. I wouldn't recommend forgiving her on your first run if you're aiming for a good ending. In case you're curious, following this guide allows you to get all special characters, including her, at once: http://fantasyanime.com/legacy/mobq_backup/Special/all18.html
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.