[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game needs more love. Medievil is easily one of the greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Medievil_cover.jpg (31KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Medievil_cover.jpg
31KB, 316x316px
This game needs more love. Medievil is easily one of the greatest games on the system and I rarely see it mentioned. If you haven't played it, it's sort of like a combination between Ghosts n' Goblins and Zelda. Incredibly colorful graphics, charming old CGI, decent combat, a huge slew of items and rewards to obtain, good difficulty, etc. I also love that the levels are designed to be re-visited later in the game so you can unlock new areas with the items you've acquired. The best adventure game on the console by far.
>>
Too bad it runs like absolute steaming horseshit.

Played it for the first time like 3 months ago, and it was the very first time i got motion sickness, from both, the shitty camera and disgussting framerate.

ejected the disk and sold it for 30 on Ebay.
>>
>>4230889
Lmao typical motion sickness faggot. "The game sucks because I'm genetically damaged", whatever you say retard.
>>
>>4230787
>The best adventure game on the console by far
I like the game, but for the sake of comparison, what other adventure games are there on the playstation?
>>
>>4230947
Spyro off the top of my head, which is a better game.

I like Medievil and all, but around the halfway point the game bogs down. The forest, the ant cave, the asylum, bleh. The final boss fight was kinda weak too. It's a shame the best boss fight in the entire game was so early in the game.
>>
>>4231069
>Spyro off the top of my head, which is a better game.
Spyro is hot trash, and it isn't an adventure game retard, it's a platformer.
>I like Medievil and all, but around the halfway point the game bogs down
Shit opinion, I felt like it got progressively better till the end. I guess you got confused by the ant mound dungeon and it left a rash on your ass.
>>4230947
There aren't all that many to be honest. Alundra 1 and 2 come to mind, also Legacy of Kain, Vagrant Story, etc. However Medievil is the best of the bunch for me. One of the most vibrant, colorful games on the system with great British humor and cool environments. Everything else feels drab by comparison.
>>
>>4231268
Just based off of what you named, Vagrant Story and Legacy of Kain both shit all over Medieval.
>>
>>4231275
>Vagrant Story and Legacy of Kain both shit all over Medieval.
Vagrant Story has a decent story and graphics, the actual gameplay is lame. Pretty much the same for LoK but without the good graphics. Medievil has more variety, better combat, better puzzles, more things to find, better replayability, etc.
>>
>>4230909
I'm a different motion sickness faggot and I've never had trouble with Medievil. It was a favourite of mine when I was 11-13.
I can beat it in one running.
>>
>>4230787
MediEvil was THE childhood defining game for me as a kid, as the game both my dad and I had fun playing through together, and the sequel too which wasn't anywhere near as wretched as its reputation, and for that it will always hold a special place in my heart no matter what.

But playing again today it's ridiculously easy, I mean you have to be literally low-functioning retarded to have trouble with any of the puzzles except the Shadow Demon prison in the Enchanted Earth which was ridiculous, and the game gets easier the more chalices you collect, once you've got the magic sword you've pretty much already won the game. The level design is hardly anything to write home about either, 90% of them are just straight paths for you to walk through with very little exploration, pretty much the only challenge came from the finicky controls and depth perception from platforming.

The character design, atmosphere, music and sense of humour still hold today, but the core gameplay was never anything special; Compared to say Ocarina of Time, which came out around the same time on another system, it's not even close, OOT wins by a solid country mile. And honestly even something like Alundra, which has its own myriad of flaws, still delivers on a technical level far more than MediEvil ever has or could.
>>
I like it a lot, but I felt it was a little short and the last level was too easy.
>>
>>4231451
>But playing again today it's ridiculously easy
I don't disagree with this, but I don't think every game needs to be difficult. Sometimes it's just fun to jump around, slash zombies and hoard gold without any mind of challenging yourself.
>The level design is hardly anything to write home about either
I have to disagree here. In fact, almost none of the levels are anything close to a "straight line", most of them require at least some backtracking and can even be maze-like. Also, one thing that really stood out to me was the way that the levels were designed to be revisited later. You play through it once, beat it, and then come back at a later point once you have an item that unlocks a previously blocked area, which adds to the replayability immensely.
> Compared to say Ocarina of Time, which came out around the same time on another system, it's not even close, OOT wins by a solid country mile
Oh yeah, no doubt. OoT is a fucking fantastic game, and the attention to detail, level of polish and overall quality of gameplay is superior, but I can appreciate both for the unique experiences they offer. Also, OoT doesn't offer much in the way of replayability after the main quest is finished, whereas Medievil's arcade-like levels lend themselves far better to being revisited.
>And honestly even something like Alundra, which has its own myriad of flaws, still delivers on a technical level far more than MediEvil ever has or could.
I have to strongly disagree with you here. Alundra is honestly a fucking mess. It is one of the biggest "could've beens" I've ever played. The first few hours are gaming bliss, and then the flaws begin to set in. Tiresome dungeons that drag on for hours and are forced upon you one after the other, repeitive puzzles that are reused over and over, nothing to spend gilder on, poor pacing around the board, etc. It isn't a terrible game but Medievil is by far a more polished product.
>>
>>4230909
This tbqh, famsquad.
Subhuman Degenerates need to get another hobby instead of screaming NO FUN ALLOWED.
>>
>>4231518
It never fails, every time you bring up an older game, there's some worthless fuck that starts talking about how it makes them "sick" and then they start shitting on the game for it. I've never understood it, must be the kind of kid who gets a seizure from watching Pokemon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.