[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey all, wanna start playing Diablo. I already played Diablo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: Diablo_II_Coverart.png (166KB, 256x362px) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_II_Coverart.png
166KB, 256x362px
Hey all, wanna start playing Diablo.
I already played Diablo 3 but now I want to continĂșe:
Diablo 1 or Diablo 2??
>>
This is a good question. D1 is a slower, more atmospheric experience (and harder), while D2 is essentially the greatest arpg ever made. Playing D1 after D2 might feel a little unsatisfactory due to no running.
>>
Both in order, idiot.
Diablo 1 has amazing and atmospheric singleplayer. Diablo 2 is a little tedious in SP but makes up for it by being the single most addictive skinnerbox in the history of gaming.
>>
Is Diablo 2 more centred in cooperative game? Cause that is what I read in some forums
>>
>>4227725
yes, but the single player experience is really not affected that much by it. hc sp d2 is some of the most fun ive ever had with a game
>>
How should I play diablo 1? The playstation port or find a pirated version for windows?
>>
>>4227784
Adding to this: just make sure you play Necromancer or Sorceress, anything but a single hitting melee class like Barbarian or Paladin.
Killing enemies one by one just hitting is the most tedious and boring thing ever.
Magic takes care of groups and is more fun than just watching hit animations.
>>
>>4228636
>use magic
as a starter, it is preferable to play a caster class yes, but if you want to try something a little more advanced i recommend playing a kick/trap hybrid assassin (assuming you play the expansion). incredibly fun character that is even capable to take on hell in hardcore /p8. good aoe from traps, good single target from crushing blow kicks and cc, comparable to a necro, with mind blast and cloak of shadows
>>
Are druids good as spell casters/ summons?
>>
>>4228628
I've never played it but I think the pc version is better
>>
If you are going to play Diablo 2, do not play on the newest version. The game assumes you already know what you are doing. Downgrade to version 1.08 or 1.09. If you do not do this, your character will most likely turn to shit when you hit late nightmare or early hell difficulty.
>>
>>4227706
1 and 2 are some of the best games ever made.
You dishearten me when play 3 only.
>>
>>4229050
>Plus
Play with Hellfire on 1 it's got some fun extras.
Then play 2.
>>
>>4229054
No don't do this. 1 vanilla, then 2LoD
>>
>>4229054
Don't listen to this memer. Hellfire is a crappy third party expansion that the devs of Diablo 1 have disavowed.

Diablo 1 is great though. You don't have to worry about character builds or grinding. It's all about doing the best you can with the tools given to you. Thankfully you are guaranteed certain unique items from quests so you aren't completely helpless if you get some bad rolls.
>>
Both are awesome, but >>4227718 nailed it.

Skellymancer is lots of fun.
>>
>>4229118
this. then if you're really hankering for some more D1 action, try Bezlebub
>>
>>4229004
>The game assumes you already know what you are doing
care to elaborate?
>>
>>4228745
Druids are good for summoning
>>
>>4227718
D2 is way harder since you can't save scum...you die and you have to go find your corpse...in D1 you die and just reload your save and you can save wherever.

I always liked D1 better since I'm not a fan of all the micromanaging in D2 when I just want to kill monsters...I prefer D3's streamlining and green arrows so I don't have to do tons of math to figure out if gear is better than what I have.
>>
>>4229345
Sometime after 1.09 (was it actually 1.10? Cant remember exactly) the difficulty of nightmare and hell was upped significantly. Synergies between skills were introduced so that building hybrid characters to deal with elemental immunities became much more complex. Granted, a lot of new items and runewords where added (1.11 i think?) but its not like youre gonna make grief runewords on a first sp playthrough. If you want to play through the game on the current version you sort of have to know what youre doing or youll end up rerolling in late nightmare/early hell a couple of times. Unless you look at guides, but you dont want to do that
>>
>>4229592
D1 is a more straight forward game, but that save scumming might fuck you up if you save at the wrong time.
>>
>>4227706
Try to get hellfire expansion pack for d1.
>>
File: 1483307636367.gif (228KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1483307636367.gif
228KB, 500x333px
>>4229694
Is that why Akara has a respec option now? I swear I never saw that the last time I played.
>>
D2 3DFX version or vanilla?
>>
>>4229937
that was added in the 1.14 patch i believe, several years later. probably the genius move of whoever was banished to the basement of blizz hq to manage the spammbot network d2 had become at that point
>>
>>4229943
They should have added respec a long time ago, it hurts that it appeared after I was mostly throughly fed up with the game. You can finally have a casual build for first ~60 levels before seriously minmaxing everything. I can even put all my points into Energy as a sorc!
>>
I finally gonna start D1, and later I will prove D2. Thx for the responses.
>>
>>4230049
good luck. remember to play D1 in a dark room with high volume for maximum atmosphere. maybe light some candles?
>>
>>4230053
Some candles, a pentagram and knife.
Totally worth it.
>>
so

what's the best class /vr/?
>>
>>4231570
Zookeeper
>>
>first played Diablo on PSX
>used the entire memory card
>no regrets
>>
>>4231570
>physical damage
Barbarian
>magic damage
Barbarian for single targets, paladin for multiple
>fire damage
Sorceress
>cold damage
Sorceress
>lightning damage
Sorceress
>poison damage
Necromancer
>killing speed
Sorceress or paladin, depending on where you are farming
>killing the ubers
Paladin
>PvP
Paladin
>effectiveness with shitty gear
Necromancer
>summoning
Necromancer
>>
>>4231570
Sorceror: hard start, easy finish
Warrior: easy start, hard finish
Rogue: Mediocre all the way
>>
>>4230049
Make sure you read through the lore parts of the manual too. There are some good bits in there.
>>
Are there any good mods I should try?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.