[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of this? https://store.iam8bit.com/produc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_20170830_154815.jpg (364KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170830_154815.jpg
364KB, 2048x1024px
What is the point of this?

https://store.iam8bit.com/products/street-fighter-ii-30th-anniversary-edition
>>
>>4226584
To make retards pay either $100 nor or $300 in a month on ebay for a game everyone already owns.
>>
>>4226584
>scroll down
>No Man's Sky
>"Explorer's Edition"
>(Game not included)
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>4226598
You get an activation code, but no physical media.
>>
>>4226593
Damn, beat me to it.
>>
>>4226593
Meanwhile, an actual, genuine SFII cart is still, what? 10 bucks?
>>
5500 seems like a lot of copies for something like this. It's not an expensive game to get used CIB.
I guess it's for people who already have the original and just want a new thing to collect.
>>
>not the genesis version
Could people be any more plebe?
>>
>>4226584

Cash in? It's literally just a re-release of the original game right? Not even any cool new edition?
>>
To build the Capcom brand and cash in a little bit on a growing market
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbCFTpzhM7o

SNES SF2 had the best music.
>>
File: eksXWz8.jpg (14KB, 210x263px) Image search: [Google]
eksXWz8.jpg
14KB, 210x263px
For collectors/scalpers to buy I suppose
>>
It's so when some retard posts their shiny game collection filled with unopened games you can point and laugh at them for spending 100 bucks plus tip on vanilla sf2
>>
>>4226584
>WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire. The SNES hardware is deemed a vintage collectible, so please exercise extreme caution when using the Product and make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby. Use of the Product is at the sole risk of the user. The Product is sold “as is”. Neither iam8bit, Inc. nor Capcom Co, Ltd. make any representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind, including any warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular use, or that the Product is safe to use, and iam8bit, Inc. or Capcom Co, Ltd. shall have no liability for damage to property or persons arising from use of the Product. Nintendo of America is in no way associated with the release of this Product.
So they're charging $100 for a repo cart that you can't actually play because it's so cheaply put together that's it basically a fire hazard.
>>
>>4226584
I don't know, but it's a reproduction cartridge, so it's trash.
>>
>>4226681

Anyone would put that warning, they're releasing a new product for something that is almost 30 year old hardware. It can't be quality assured because there are no new SNESs being made
>>
>>4226681
I've never heard of games causing consoles to catch fire. What are they putting in that PCB?
>>
Because Capcom is dedicated to squeezing every single drop of blood from their SF franchise until gamers storm their offices with torches and pitchforks.
>>
>>4226667
I couldn't agree more.
I wish I had that ending credits play during my graduation.
I might consider having it play at the end of my burial.
>>
>>4226681
>The SNES hardware is deemed a vintage collectible
>Vintage Collectible
>VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE

CONFIRMED CANCER, FUCK THIS SHIT!

And i am serious, this is nothing but snake's oil bullshit hipsterjerk.
>>
>>4226731
>What are they putting in that PCB?
Maybe there is a thermite charge rigged to go off if you get to M. Bison or shit.
>>
>RETRO PACK-IN SURPRISES
yay 25 year old chewed bubblegum
>>
>>4226745
Won't happen, considering their fans forked out 60 bucks for SFV, an unfinished game.
>>
>>4226584
To destroy consoles:
>WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire.
Hopefully this will result in thousands of hipsters console bursting into flames. Thanks for driving up the value of my collection even more hipsters.
>>
>>4226584
It's for SNES cartridge collectors and street fighter 2 fans feeling nostalgic. The stuff is all new CIB so there's that.

What they did is have 4500 red cartridges, and 1000 green cartridges. So it's for the random box gambling aspect of human nature for collectors, so you can get a green cartridge to show off and maybe resell because it is so limited.

It's also foil so it's shiny. Not my thing but good for those that want it.
>>
>>4226771
>CONFIRMED CANCER, FUCK THIS SHIT!
what are you mad at exactly? that it's not called an "old video game" like your special little self wants it to be so you can keep all the cheap games for yourself?
>>
File: 00.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
>>4226584
>"Brand new playable SNES game"
>"WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire. The SNES hardware is deemed a vintage collectible, so please exercise extreme caution when using the Product and make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby. Use of the Product is at the sole risk of the user. The Product is sold “as is”. Neither iam8bit, Inc. nor Capcom Co, Ltd. make any representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind, including any warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular use, or that the Product is safe to use, and iam8bit, Inc. or Capcom Co, Ltd. shall have no liability for damage to property or persons arising from use of the Product. Nintendo of America is in no way associated with the release of this Product."
Holy shit, Capcom.
>>
>>4226584

Go play it on Virtual Console ya dweeb.
>>
>>4226584
Ten minutes of searching could not find me even one example of a SNES catching fire without good cause. What the fuck are they putting into these cartridges?
>>
Is that a 100$ bootleg? Wow.
>>
File: 222.png (125KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
222.png
125KB, 500x397px
>>4226650
Its only called GENESIS in the land of the FAT, just saying
>>
>>4227045
>>4226916
Well shit, how else are you supposed to celebrate AMERICA without an overpriced bootleg filled with thermite? Call the fun police why don't you
>>
>>4226584
The fuck even is this? How is it different from any other SNES release of the game?
>>
>>4227287
Blatant capitalizing on nostalgia boners. Everyone's thinking about the mini SNES coming out, it's like another rabbit to try to catch.
>>
a 100 dollars for a red bootleg
>>
>>4226629
how about an actual genuine SFII cart inside red doom shell?
>>
File: haruna 4.png (328KB, 414x420px) Image search: [Google]
haruna 4.png
328KB, 414x420px
>>4226916

Hah hah you're taking a pis

>It actually says that
>>
>>4226584
>$100 for a game that can be found for $15
>doesn't even have cool extras
sasuga iam8bit
>>
With iam8bit you will probably get your order when SF celebrates 35th anniversary
>>
>>4227069
Nice inferiority complex you've got there
>>
>>4227449
enjoy your superiority complex
>>
>>4226584
They get to cash in on Youtubers buying it for a "review" and people posting it on their twitter and facebook with some inane post like "Just added this gem into my collection ;)". Seriously if you don't believe me just go look at the people who buy stuff from limited run games like 2/3 of them don't even play the fucking games it's just purely for epeen.
>>
>>4227480
You two gonna fuck or what?
>>
many doom carts died to bring us this information
>>
>>4227530
Very few. Maximum Carnage on the the hand....
>>
>>4227069
>playing on 50hz machines
lol
>>
>>4227059
Generally we only use the word bootleg when there's copyright violation/counterfeiting taking place
>>
>>4227684
Which is funny because bootlegging originally had nothing to do with copying or copyright whatsoever.
>>
Can get the same thing on aliexpress for $10 and it has the correct shell.
>>
>>4227502
>LRG

Was there anything special about their Night Trap release? Or are they just going into full collector-bait, "people buy it simply because we produce limited quantities of it" territory?
>>
>>4227743
It's a game made by scalpers, for scalpers, for the sake of putting on ebay
>>
>>4227548
>>4227530
Neither of those carts used the original style lock seen on this cart.
>>
>>4227743
>"people buy it simply because we produce limited quantities of it" territory?
Almost all their releases are just that. There's been like two good games that weren't just a release of a $5 indie game on Steam jacked up to $30 one of which was a collector's edition that cost more and contained less content than its Japanese counterpart you can still find cheaper on ebay.
>>
>>4227743
There was nothing special about it. It just sold out in 5 seconds because scalpers are incredibly sophisticated and dedicated to being assholes.
>>
>>4226584
vanilla SF2 really?
not Super SF2 or even SF2 Turbo
>>
>>4226593
fpbp
>>
File: Screenshot_20170804-150841.png (335KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170804-150841.png
335KB, 1080x1920px
>>4228115
I thought it was pretty funny when I saw this guy suggest to people to buy the same exact game on play-asia when Wonder Boy sold out
>>
>>4226654
It'll catch on fire if you try to play it
>>
hopefully this will mean more reprints, that's all I can say
>>
>Sold out

you know what, gamers? You deserve everything you get
>>
>>4229537
>hopefully this will mean more reprints
I have been somewhat surprised they waited this long. I think with the success of the mini HDMI system, we may see reprints. It would be nice.
In respect to the op, that is pretty bad ass. I like the whole concept. SFII was more than a game during that time. I sucked at it, but it was the game to win at. I would buy a re-release of quite a few SNES games. I think $100 is a fair price for all the extra bullshit they cram in there. FFS, I have a Duke Nukem Bust only because it came with a game.
>>
>>4229541
Anything game-related that gets announced as being "limited edition" sells out instantly. You're really underestimating the lengths scalpers go to in order to make money reselling. They all have bots that automatically add items to carts and check them out as soon as those items become available. Many of them also rent out multiple P.O. Boxes under multiple aliases to bypass the "one item per customer" rules. They're truly dedicated to being the biggest pieces of human shit they possibly can.
>>
>>4229559
it wouldn't even have to be scalpers
>the absolute state of snes collectors
>>
>>4229510
Am I missing something, or is that guy really suggesting that buying an official overseas version of the game is on-par with making a homemade bootleg of the game when compared to buying the OFFICIAL COLLECTOR'S ONLY LIMITED RUN GAMES release? Man, talk about falling hard for the collecting meme. Next thing you know someone will be claiming that this SFII repro is somehow more meaningful than owning an original SNES cart of it - or fuck, why would you salivate over the SNES version at all? It's a goddamn port. Buying an official arcade PCB of WW would seem to be a better use of your money, but I guess that isnt a """COLLECTOR'S edition."""

I know I'm being too harsh, collectors editions can be neat if they come with genuinely interesting bonuses, but these days I wonder how many are sold to true fans versus investors and scalpers.
>>
>>4229606
Dude how can I finish my epic limited run collection if it's not officially a limited run copy from limited run games?
>>
>>4226584
I want one
>>
File: KENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
KENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>4226667
Sometimes, I use music from certain stages while I'm in the gym...
Ken's stage is GOAT.
>>
What I don't get is what is up with the red color, it's never been a color significantly tied to SF in anyway. If anything it should be blue which was the color of the title screen.
>>
>>4227684
>>4227687
It only means making or distributing illegally. The actual fabrication of the thing infringing upon anyone's rights is strictly speaking not covered by the term.
>>
>>4226584
premium instruction booklet
...way to land the sell
>>
>>4226584
autism
>>
They could have at least released ultra with old graphics only.
>>
>WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the “Product”) on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire. The SNES hardware is deemed a vintage collectible, so please exercise extreme caution when using the Product and make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby. Use of the Product is at the sole risk of the user. The Product is sold “as is”.

sounds like a great buy
>>
>>4230409
WHAT A STEAL
>>
>>4227340
waste of a doom shell
>>
>>4228165
The kind of people who buy this sort of stuff don't even know the difference and wouldn't care.
>>
>>4230407
Impossible. Ultra SF2 is a hack of SF2 HD Remix, which is a hack of the Dreamcast port of SSF2T, which is a direct port of the arcade version of SSF2T, which uses higher resolution graphics and higher quality sound than the SNES.
>>
>>4230472
i guess you are right
>>
>>4226775
Sounds like a cheating computer to me.
>>
>>4230476
They managed to squeeze alpha 2 on there. (albeit sloppy as hell) but yeah I get what you're saying.
>>
>>4230485
>>4230489
The closest thing they'd be able to do would be a major hack of the SNES version of SSF2, adding the SSF2T and USF2 content. Which would be more trouble than it's worth.
>>
>>4227681
This, must suck being Japanese and having those thousands of exclusive games that are mere 50hz
>>
>>4230506
>Japan
>50hz
The yuro denial is fucking real
>>
>>4230763
Even I knew it was sarcastic
>>
Def a cash in. Smh
>>
File: vegawat.png (72KB, 771x840px) Image search: [Google]
vegawat.png
72KB, 771x840px
>>4230409
>>4226681
>>4226916

I can understand people not wanting to give their money to nu-Capcom. I can understand people not being happy about the $100 pricetag. I can understand people rolling their eyes at yet another Street Fighter II re-release.

... but what I don't understand is all of this talk about the stupid disclaimer.

Granted, "iam8bit" should really consider firing whoever in their legal department chose to use such colorful, vivid, and frightening language for what otherwise amounts to a standard electronics disclaimer. Whether you bother to read the fine print or not, these sorts of disclaimers are on every game and piece of electronics equipment that you buy. They usually don't talk about the need for fire extinguishers, but it's the same thing. This cart poses no more danger than does any other normal, regularly licensed game from the 90's. I suppose they felt as though they needed to be more cautious as the SNES hardware is more than 20 years old now, but that's no reason to word the thing like they're coating these carts in gasoline.

Second, people need to stop acting like they're somehow put-off by this message and disappointed that they won't be able to "safely" use it in their consoles. Really? Is anyone here going to seriously try and tell me that you still regularly play vanilla Street Fighter II in 2017? Scratch that, you play the SNES PORT of Vanilla Street Fighter II in 2017? Because I'm a Street Fighter V player and /fgg/ regular, and I can tell you that I didn't realize the scene was so alive until this cartridge got announced. Now all of a sudden people act like they want to go back to SF2 vanilla. This is a collector's piece first and a game cartridge second. Just because it CAN be played on a SNES, doesn't mean you SHOULD.
>>
File: awwww yeh gurl.png (80KB, 547x698px) Image search: [Google]
awwww yeh gurl.png
80KB, 547x698px
>>4231632
(cont.)

The chips are only added because not even Capcom could get away with charging $100 for an empty plastic shell. You would have to be retarded if you're actually considering buying this thing so that you can play it, when you can get a regular SF2 cart for a tenth of what you would pay for this new cart.

These are collector's items. Every story I see about these things keeps talking about that damn disclaimer. As funny as it may be, If you're buying this thing to actually play it, you're doing it wrong.

And here, I'll save you the trouble:
>paying $100+ for a plastic cart that's just going to sit on a shelf
>>
>>4231632
It's just amusing you're thinking too hard about it and yes people do like playing Street Fighter 2 on SNES whether it's for nostalgia or just some bizarre difference that makes them enjoy it more. That all being said you gotta be extremely retarded to buy this.
>>
>>4226584
I want more companies to do this. I want Nintendo to do this.
>>
>>4227340
Frig off, I'd rather have a red Maximum Carnage shell.
>>
>>4231667
If Nintendo and/or other companies started doing this do you think it would affect the price of the original games? If suddenly the market was flooded with a bunch of official Earthbound or Wild Guns reprints would people still try to charge what they do for the originals just because they're ~vintage~?
>>
>>4231632
>these sorts of disclaimers are on every game
Should be easy enough for you to provide some examples then.
>>
>>4230343

It should have the red and yellow sun pattern from E. Honda's stage all over it.
>>
>>4226584

On the 100th anniversary they will sell life-sized commemorative Chun Li robots that you can fuck and be very rapidly kicked by
>>
This really is weird. The goofy choice of red, the reuse of the ugly old Blanka image... they could have done something much more visually interesting without spending a significant amount of additional money on it.
>>
>>4231897
So win/win then.
>>
>>4231897
>it sets your dick on fire
>>
>>4231632
>iam8bit
They always been cancerous.
>>
> iam8bit

> SNES game
>>
>>4231632
>This cart poses no more danger than does any other normal, regularly licensed game from the 90's.

Not entirely true. Most modern implementations incorporate electronics with different operating voltages and unless very careful with the conversion circuitry this can cause excessive heating which may lead to failure. It's not inconceivable that in rare cases you could get smoking or something catching on fire, whereas it wouldn't with a cart from the period. Current draw may also just straight-up exceed specification depending on the implementation, which enables similar failure modes.
>>
>>4230343
Maybe red to go with Ken?
We all know he's the superior fighter
>>
>>4233126
It's supposed to be "Ryu Bandana Red"
I think 500 of the carts are "low in the dark blanka green"

Also people are already paying 200+ for this thing on ebay.
>>
>>4233249
They said they're shipping the carts at random in regards to the limited green ones, so I'm surprised people are putting em up on ebay already.
>>
Would it really have cost Capcom a lot to make a rom hack of SSFIIT? We already had SSFII and only missed SSFIIT on the SNES because of low sales. That would've made this something special since it had never come out originally.
>>
>>4233801

HUuh, Size limit perhaps?

The SNES port came out in 94, by next year, Alpha was out, plus Súper Vainilla con Snes used the 32 megabit size (4 MB), which was a lot, the Japanese version has unpolished music with weaker instruments in many songs, but better voice samples, the US release was done with a better build with polished music, but with HORRIBLE voice samples.

It could barely fit.

Heck the Genesis port had 40 megabits, (5MB) and it had Horrendous colors and shit music.

SFA2 was a 64 megabit cart (8 Mb) compressed into 32 megabit with a special chip, and it could BARELY run at all.
>>
File: snesmini.jpg (56KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
snesmini.jpg
56KB, 770x433px
well if you missed out on this there's always the SNES mini for an extremely limited edition item that you also will never get because of resellers.
>>
>>4231897
I had better live to my 97th birthday.
>>
>>4233368
Eh, most resellers probably have at best a vague understanding of what they're selling beyond the knowledge that 1) some group of people wants the item, and that 2) that group of people is desperate and willing to pay some multiple of market value to obtain it. To them it is just an easy $100+ profit for maybe 2 minutes of effort. And, to be fair, I'd wager that a large portion of people buying it from scalpers are doing so because they too think that one day they'll be able to make a profit from it.
>>
>>4231632
>>4231639
nice meme spacing
no one is actually taking the disclaimer seriously we are actually in shock and awe that capcom could actually put out something so stupid
>>
>>4226584

Ka-CHING!
>>
>>4227069
OBSESSED
>>
>>4229606
There are actually people who want a complete US/JP/EU library of a console, Limited Run games compromise the possibility of that.

In previous generations, it basically amounted to just watching the release schedule and swinging by the game store every Tuesday, these guys overcomplicate it.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.