[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this frequently cited as "the best sonic game ever"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2115.png (883KB, 567x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2115.png
883KB, 567x800px
why is this frequently cited as "the best sonic game ever"?

it's as overrated and overrated can be
>>
>>4225334
>why is this frequently cited as "the best sonic game ever"?
It's only a /vr/ thing, really
>>
>>4225334
Because it's comparably obscure to the other sonic games. It has something of a "hidden gem" status, and is probably the best game on the Sega CD.

As a Sonic game it's solid, but I would honestly prefer playing the Genesis games.
>>
>>4225345
Also wanted to add that although it is generally seen as a "hidden gem" it still still sold over a million copies. Most people who owned a Sega CD had this game.
>>
It's also consistently cited as the worst sonic game ever. The internet can't into middle grounds.
>>
>>4225345
This. I found that the whole best Sonic game ever wavered a bit when it was released in Gems Collection and seemed to die completely after the Taxman remake. For the record I actually really like CD but I feel like the relative obscurity made it overrated
>>
Sonic CD is a load of shit. It's really, really obvious that it was made by a different developer, because of how retarded the level design is. People only pretend this game is good because it's an exclusive game to a system that nobody has.
>>
>>4225365
>it's an exclusive game to a system that nobody has
It's only on PC, GC, PS3 and 360
SO exclusive
>>
>yet another thread asking why people like (insert Sonic game here)

you can stop now, OP

fuck off back to deviantart
>>
>>4225334
Sonic CD is the true Sonic 2. It's not overrated, it is legit the best Sonic game.
>>
>>4225572
that's not sonic 1
>>
>>4225334
>why is this frequently cited as "the best sonic game ever"?

If you see the game "frequently" cited as the best Sonic ever, chances are those posts are being made by the same autist.
>>
>>4225345
>and is probably the best game on the Sega CD.
Nope. Mega CD is better than that, ya AVGNigger
>>
>>4225334
because hipsters like Justin from IGn started this meme
>>
>>4225334
It's not hard to be cited as the best sonic game when you're one of the only 3recently 4 legitimate candidates.
>>
>>4225336
Unfortunately, it isn't.

>>4225345
>Because it's comparably obscure to the other sonic games. It has something of a "hidden gem" status,

Correct. Sega CD was advertised big, but it was expensive and sold little. Sonic CD was considered the holy grail for all the people who liked the Genesis games.

>and is probably the best game on the Sega CD.

1. that's putting the margin very very low
2. the best Sega CD game is Keio Flying Squadron.
>>
>>4225391
It got its name as the best sonic game in the early 00s when you could just about barely play it on emulators.

The console ports came later.

And the PC port was one of those $5 bargain bin titles that nobody really noticed to exist, and once the Internet made it more available, it didn't ran on modern machines without a patch. That and even if it ran, it didn't feel right, it was a poor port controller by menus and such, not like a real console game.
>>
>>4226059
>And the PC port was one of those $5 bargain bin titles that nobody really noticed to exist

Spoken like a true "American Retro Gamer" who thinks Nintendo, Sega and Sony was all there was.
You should open your own Youtube channel, you'd be successful.
>>
>>4226067
I'm not American, and youtube articles on the matter are always written from Wikipedia facts by attention whores wanting more clicks.

The only time I've ever seen Sega games in PC stores, they were always in the bin of cheap titles. I remember buying a bunch of them back in the day, Sonic R, Virtua Cop, etc.
>>
>>4225334
What competition does it actually have? It's roughly on par with 2 and 3&K. Sonic 1 ,Chaos, and Triple Trouble are great, but they don't touch on the quality of the aforementioned 3. Sonic 1 and 2 on the gg are mediocre and Blast is an abortion. None of the modern Sonics are even worth mentioning, except for the official ROMhack.
>>
Can someone who likes Sonic CD tell me what's so good about it?

I've never touched the game
>>
>>4226124
Sanic was never good.
>>
>it's as overrated and overrated can be

Buzzwords aside, what did he mean with this phrase?
>>
>>4226067
>guy states his observation on something
>"Y-you must be an Americunt, let me meme on you!" out of fucking nowhere
How did you get to be this insecure?
>>
>>4225359
Citation fucking needed
>>
>>4226124
It has bigger levels then 1 and most of 2, also it has this time travel gimmick where you travel across past, present, good future and bad future for each level.
If you want to 100% it you need to abuse this gimmick, making it arguably the hardest classic sonic to 100%, while being the easiest to just finish.
It's a good game but personally I prefer even 1 to it: it feels very unpolished at times, original trilogy and mania feel much more cohesive.
>>
>>4226067
>who thinks Nintendo, Sega and Sony was all there was.
Well, NIntendo, Sega and Sony consoles all had the games that mattered.
What did you grew up with? Some european micro computer? lol
>>
>>4226193
It really wouldn't surprise me if he was just some overly sensitive longtime PC gamer that took the idea of a bargain port going under people's radar as a personal insult to his platform of choice.

Fucking mustard racers.
>>
>>4225334
>This thread again
When will you stop sucking cocks, OP?
>>
Can we go three fucking days without having this exact thread? Yes I know, it's Mania players, but come on, you can't all be this fucking stupid. Nobody ever called Sonic CD 'the best Sonic game ever', not even at the time.
>>
>>4226193
>What did you grew up with? Some european micro computer? lol

I was writing text adventure games in BASIC while you were jerking it to ms pac man.
>>
>>4226215
at the time of course nobody did, it's a "le hidden gem" hipster thing that came afterwards even though it's as hidden as Earthbound was. CD was the only Sonic included in """"""Hardcore""""""gaming101 list of 200 best games ever. It's mostly well valued by people who never cared about sanic that much, they don't know what makes a good Sonic so they pick what they think it's the "obscure" choice, and we all know that obscure MUST mean that the best one
>>
>>4226240
hahahaha
>>
>>4226240
>>4226205 confirmed, sorry you wasted your life making games no one cared about.
>>
>>4225634
Sonic 3 blows Sonic 1 out of the water.
>>
>>4226059
>And the PC port was one of those $5 bargain bin titles that nobody really noticed to exist, and once the Internet made it more available, it didn't ran on modern machines without a patch. That and even if it ran, it didn't feel right, it was a poor port controller by menus and such, not like a real console game.
If you have no idea what you are talking about, just don't post it on the internet.
>>
It's still being called that? I thought people finally stopped overhyping that hunk of shit when it was finally released to everyone in that one Sonic collection on Gamecube or whatever and realized it sucked when they finally played it.
>>
Sonic was never good
>>
>>4225345
>>4225334
The mechanics on this game are wonky as fuck. Its basically Sonic 1.5, better than S1 but not as developed as S2

That aside, do you guy perfer the JAP techno soundtrack or the US ambient
>>
>>4226918
Us for nostalgia jap for fitting with sonic more
>>
>>4226215
EGM Magazine used to.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.