[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have about 6 of these from childhood and only 1 of them has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: N64_Controller_W.jpg (264KB, 1196x1080px) Image search: [Google]
N64_Controller_W.jpg
264KB, 1196x1080px
I have about 6 of these from childhood and only 1 of them has a decent joystick. How do i go about preserving it? I know to just treat it nicely and not play games that abuse the joystick but i remember hearing something about how the joystick wasnt built/protected well.
>>
I too have 6 of them from childhood, and only 1 of them has a joystick that you could definitely call loose. How'd you mistreat your shit so much? Mario Party?
>>
Lithium grease in the joystick cup.
>>
>>4224775
It's normal wear and tear it's just shit like Mario Party majorly exasperates it.
>>
>>4224779
Okay so why was your 'normal wear and tear' so much more disastrous than mine?
>>
>>4224782
I'm not OP. The issue is plastic rubbing on plastic. Look the shit up.
>>
>>4224775
Well only 1 of them (the good one) was mine. The rest were my bro and sister and my cousins. And we played stuff like smash 64, mario party 1&2, mario kart etc and i guess we just went to town on those sticks. We were kids and just mashed rotated the hell out the stick and stuff, i dunno.
>>
>>4224782
>Okay so why was (insert edgelord comment)

There are replacement analog sticks for sale all over the net. The N64 controller is quite simple to disassemble. I have not taken one apart in close to a decade, but I do believe that there is a plug for the wire to the analog, and 3 small screws holding it to the housing.

It is a very simple fix. Anyone who can turn light switch off can figure this out.

Ignore the trolls. The cannot accept that others live different.

My kids can wear the rubber right off of any rubberized analog. I don't know how either.
>>
I remember hearing about an issue of importing these controllers back in the day. Apparently, they used some sort of lubricant/grease that wasn't allowed to be sold with certain items?

I don't remember the exact reason why they didn't have it in the controller, all I know is that they had to remove it when bringing it to the USA.

Lukemorse on youtube has a fix for the controller. Don't know if that guy is not well regarded here(who is anyway?), but one of his videos has a way to prevent the controller from loose.
>>
>>4224815
The replacements aren't calibrated the same. It's slightly different.
>>
>>4224776
Does nothing
To fix the stick being loose, you will need to replace the black plastic parts as those keep the stick in place
>>
Buy the Kitsch-bent gears and stick. Don't forget to grease it, they become like new.

Or you can buy a SteelStick 64.
>>
>>4224772
These things went to shit fast and I blame Mario Party. All my controllers got so bad to the point Mario could only walk in most directions. off brand controllers were even worse. I had an orange MadCatz N64 controller that actually broke apart in my hand while playing.
>>
>>4224772

Was there ever a decent third party that DIDN'T wear away and become loose?
>>
>>4224776
What makes it loose is the spring loosing tension from the nub being worn down.
>>
>>4224772
Pull out the Gamecube stick assembly and pop it in your shit 64 controllers. Those things are built a hell of a lot better, and resist the wear very well.
>>
>>4225764
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160655759083?rmvSB=true

Put one in my 64 controller over two years ago. It's been through more punishment than any 64 stick I've ever owned, and the thing is still tight as the day I put it in.
>>
>>4225512
I used to be a little asshole and smash my controllers when my older brother beat me in Goldeneye.
>>
>>4225776
>the thing is still tight as the day I put it in.
They offer a money back guarantee for any issue. I will be using them for future retro-repairs. Thanks for the link anon.
>>
I just got replacement stick, bowl and gears from a website to refurbish all my 4 N64 controllers, and they work fantasic, perfect like new, ive played Starfox, Zelda, Banjo and Mario Kart and controller is responsive and very accurate, cant tell a difference btw a brand new my friend has and mine.

Spent around $13 on kitch bent
>>
>>4225848

What's the site?
>>
>>4225848
I've been wanting to do this. I saw a comment saying that the new X/Y gear levers bind up a little. Any thoughts on that?
>>
>>4225848
Thank you anon I just ordered a bunch. Probably gonna get some batteries too.
>>
Thought I would post here since the threat is about the n64. I have a 64DD unit that somehow lost its ability to rewrite, overwrite, and delete save data. Example: I am repeating the same day in Doshin the Giant everytime I pop the disk in. I have experience fixing consoles but I have no idea how to go about fixing this. Does anyone here have any idea how to fix the 64DD for it to be able to mess with save data again? Thanks.
>>
How many years left on the waiting list for the metal custom control sticks?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.