[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing this, going with a firearms/crafting build since it seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: arcanum-03.jpg (270KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
arcanum-03.jpg
270KB, 1024x768px
Playing this, going with a firearms/crafting build since it seems good for a first timer with Virgil and Magnus. Any tips?
Also Arcanum thread.
>>
>>4223126
NUT RETRO
>>
>>4223126
>going with a firearms/crafting build since it seems good for a first timer with Virgil and Magnus
actually that's one of the hardest builds in the game. If you want to go tech, I'd pick anything other than firearms to attack; they're underpowered, slow and you'll need a shitton of points to git gud (dex + per + int to craft the good guns). But since you're in Tarant already (because you mentioned magnus), it's too late for that. So here are my tips:

there's a certain gnome in tarant that carries a hand cannon. You can steal it using a fate point. It will carry you for a long time.
you'll get the best guns by mixing tech disciplines and using found schematics, such as the tesla gun, so you'll have to spend MORE points. As I said, tech is a waste of points and you'll progress very slowly, but if you're not afraid of challenge it can be fun
since you'll need to carry lots of trash to craft, you'll need even more points to put in charisma, so you get more followers to carry stuff around. In Shrouded hills you can get a strong ogre if yu have 9 charisma, he's ideal to carry stuff and he's a brute for killing enemies. Since you're tech, I'll advise you to not add magickal followers (except for Virgil since he has a personal plot that it's interesting, but once you have too much tech aptitude, his healing spells won't work on you)
Speaking of followers, once you get to Ashbury, you can recruit a dog if you're fast enough (he's timed, he can die). He's the most powerful follower but it can be game breaking at times. Don't pick him if you want a challenge, pick him if you're struggling a lot in battles. He won't count towards your follower limit.
It's advisable too that you get a tech healer, since you don't want to spread your points further and be mediocre everywhere. Derholm has a female follower that can craft basic healing items.
Best tech discipline for battle is explosives, but you'll have to improve your throwing skill to a decent level
>>
>>4223319
(cont)
being tech-inclined doesn't mean that you can't use some magic, especially buffs that give always the same result regardless of aptitude. Agility of Fire and Strength of Earth are a must and will help immensely to overcome point spreading for tech builds, but watch that fatigue metter when using them. If you're going to have a high willpower (because you're interested in haggle or whatever), getting that teleportation spell is a must (you'll be travelling A LOT), otherwise just use boats and trains

usually many quests have multiple solutions to them. It's more fun if you live with your errors (what's the point of a rpg then?) but don't be afraid of thinking outside the box.
Lockpicks (and some points in that skill) are always useful, but you can brute force your way and destroy chests and doors (it won't be "silent" though). You can either let your followers do that (using the function keys) or do it yourself by alt+clicking over the thing you want to damage.
save a lot, game can be buggy even with patches
you'll find sometimes cursed magical items that can drain your stamina or even kill you. think out of the box before discarding them, they might be useful in some cases
experiment, the game leaves a lot of room for that
>>
>>4223337
oh, I forgot, game is level-capped to 50 and you'll reach that level sooner than expected. There's a patch to increase level-cap to 127, shouldn't be hard to find in google
good luck and enjoy
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.