[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these two entirely seperate games or is it like a Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 223346-Zelda-SA.jpg (790KB, 1018x1018px) Image search: [Google]
223346-Zelda-SA.jpg
790KB, 1018x1018px
Are these two entirely seperate games or is it like a Pokemon red and blue thing
>>
>>4222135
They're separate but after you beat one you can link it to the other and get new content, and the order doesn't matter
>>
Entirely separate, but play on the same game engine/mechanics.

After you beat one, you get a password to link to the other. Beat the game using the password link, you get the True Final Boss and ending you can't get otherwise
>>
>>4222143
Is there away to do this without 2 gameboys?
>>
>>4222151
Why would you need 2 game boys? the linking is password based, not link cable based
>>
>>4222151
>>4222158
It's kind of amazing how Pokemon fucked up the general idea of these games' link system.
I remember someone going on an angry autistic rant about how he vowed to never buy these games back in the day because he thought you needed two gameboys to get the full experience.
>>
>>4222280
Well you kind of do need 2 game boys. Some Pokemon can only be evolved through trading
>>
>>4222135
They are three entirely separate games.
>>
>>4222158
You 'can' use a link cable, but it's oddly unintuitive. In my experience, it was faster just to use the password than referencing the manual to figure out how to use the cable.

There's no added benefit to using the cable. It's just an option.
>>
>>4222305
Pokemon yes, Zelda no.
>>
>>4222317
My bad, misread ur post
>>
Separate games. When you clear a game, there's a cliffhanger and then you get a password. Then you can start the other game with that password and story events are different so that it plays out like a direct sequel, and then there's a proper ending.

Also there are separate passwords you learn from and give to NPC's to transfer secret items, like bombchu's and the biggoron sword.
>>
Aside from sharing most the same engine and graphics/music, completely different games.

Separate adventures that must both be played. There's different ways to play through them as well, giving a lot of replay value.
>>
>>4222143
The order does matter though, the outcome is a bit different.

Which makes it even better to be honest.
>>
>>4223727
Seasons first: able to see every square of the map in Ages, Donkey Kong inspired minigame.

Ages first: Pirate Captain gets closure.
>>
>>4223730
Yep.

I wish I could cast a third game into existance.
>>
>>4223739
There were originally plans for an Oracle of Secrets, but they decided it would make things too complicated having to rewrite different scenarios for every possible order combination.
>>
>>4223880
Makes sense. I wouldn't mind though if a new game wasn't interconnected the same way at this point. Even without the feature they're solid.
>>
>>4223880
I thought that it was because they couldn't figure out how to make a password system that would work for three interconnected games. I also wonder if one of them would have completely been a remake of the First Zelda instead of making references to it throughout like the two games we did get.
>>
>>4222280
Still deserved for the bullshit 4 gameboy + 4 copies system for Four Swords
>>
>>4223730
What was the Pirate Captain closure?

I did the other mini game, it was nice to see Zelda make a impactful cameo. Although the following details really leave much more to be desired.

I mean Zelda give Link a very nice ocean fairing boat so he can go find his lost heritage (i.e. his parents), as reward for saving her again. Link crossing the ocean to find his mom and dad seems like a great setup for something much bigger and more personal to him.
>>
>>4225553
>What was the Pirate Captain closure?

After freeing his ship from the desert, he meets his lover Queen Ambi in Holodrum, who is on vacation in another country and also in the future.
>>
>>4223880
>Oracle of Secrets
actually the working title was Oracle of Doki Doki Panic
>>
>what is google
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.