[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post games you like from systems you generally dislike or are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: sandp1.jpg (91KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
sandp1.jpg
91KB, 500x375px
Post games you like from systems you generally dislike or are indifferent to it's library and explain what you like about it. Not to be negative, I still like some N64 games but there's only a select few I enjoy from it. S&P is fun, it's not too difficult but I love it for its cheesy dialogue, pace and fun stages. Fun gameplay as well, i like focusing on shooting targets while moving the character at the same time. Iris!!!! (that's the death sound effect by the way, lol)
>>
>>4214897
What about mischief makers or starfox 64 or that kirby game

n64 was pretty alright I'm not sure that there's any console I outright dislike or am even indifferent to except for ones I've never played
>>
>>4214910
i find crystal shards to be mediocre, its still a fine game though. never enjoyed mischief maker (maybe because ive never played it on original hardware). i've been meaning to play starfox 64
>>
>systems you generally dislike
How can you dislike a system? If it has a large library of decent games I don't see how this is an issue
>>
SIn&Punishment is the only N64 game I go back to.
I played through OoT like, twice. I never understood why that game got so worshiped.
Mario64 just isn't fun to go back to.
What else is there? Mischief Makers isn't fun to me. I bought into the meme and got it and was bored to death with it.
Kirby 64 is baby's first game. Not bad but kind of ZZzzzz
>>
Mario 64 and Goldeneye were the only games that I would have bought an N64 for. As a PSfag, playing platformers like Ape Escape and shooters like Medal of Honor, though as good as they were, made me feel like I was playing imitations of those superior games.
>>
>>4215145
I suppose I mean disliking the library. That's usually the reason why you wouldn't like the system itself
>>
Had a Playstation, Mario 64 I emulated at 100% speed back then which was bretty impressive but Perfect Dark on the other hand I was definitely jealous over
>>
>>4215405
Have you played the Goemon games?
>>
>>4214897
Lets be real is sin and punishment that good?
If yes why wasnt it localized
>>
>>4215634
Yes and because they ran out of time.
>>
>>4215634
>Lets be real is sin and punishment that good?
It's good, but it's not for everyone. People who don't like arcade-like game design won't probably like it much.
>If yes why wasnt it localized
It's kind of a mystery, but it's suspected it's because it's a late N64 game, when Nintendo was already preparing the Gamecube launch.
Also, in one of the levels you take on the whole american naval air force on the pacific, that might have caused some concerns when thinking about localizing it.
Anyway it was released on Wii VC and the game doesn't really need translation because all the dialogues voice acted in english originally.
>>
>>4214897
>>
>>4215634
>is sin and punishment that good?
I, in complete seriousness, believe it is one of the best games of all time.
Most of the really good stuff doesn't get localized. Especially RPGs. West can't handle anything that requires thought.
>>
>>4215634

>Lets be real is sin and punishment that good?
It's a very good game. Much better than the sequel by the way.

3 reasons: coming out too late in the N64 lifetime, being way too "japanese" to sell well in the west, and nintendo being retarded as always. Many great n64 games were never localized.
>>
File: WIII.jpg (38KB, 256x355px) Image search: [Google]
WIII.jpg
38KB, 256x355px
>>4214897
I'm not a Master System fan but Wonder Boy III - The Dragon's Trap is one of my favorite games of all time. It has a good difficulty level and I really like to explore the different areas with those transformations.
>>
>>4217698
WHOA
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.