[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi Please, I need some help. I love this game but every time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 493px-VirtualOn_PC_US_Box_Front.jpg (63KB, 493x600px) Image search: [Google]
493px-VirtualOn_PC_US_Box_Front.jpg
63KB, 493x600px
Hi
Please, I need some help.
I love this game but every time that I play with a different caracter that is not Fei Yen the game crashes every time I die. If somebody knows why this happens or knows a solution for this please let me know.
Thanks.
>>
>>4213518
old windows games run like shit on modern PCs
most games also ran like shit on PCs of that era...

I recommend you to emulate the PS2 version of that game, it was released only in japan but everything is in english
>>
>>4213518
emulate the arcade model 2 version instead
>>
>>4213590
This is why I'm glad my PC is ancient so I can play all the old stuff just fine.
>>
>>4213518
>>4213593
emulate the PS2 Sega Ages version, it's a semi-remake that works much better and offers new content
>>
>>4214327
didnt they outsource all those sega ages ps2 stuff to chinese studios?
>>
>>4214345
no idea, just I own the actual game and the original saturn release and its the best version you can play
>>
>>4213518
Download TheArcadeStriker patch to play on modern pcs flawlessly.
>>
>>4213590
>>4214327
Are there some special settings to be using for the Sega AGES version of Virtual On on PCSX2? I've tried tweaking it and I either end up with messed up colors/shadows or a full on black and white display.
>>
>>4216927
Hit F9, it switches to the software renderer.
>>
File: vo.jpg (464KB, 2536x943px) Image search: [Google]
vo.jpg
464KB, 2536x943px
>>4216949
It looks weird in Software AND Hardware for me though. Here's a comparison.
>>
>>4214374
What does that patch fix exactly? Does it simply avoid the game from being crashed on a PC past Windows 98 after losing or does it add some different things to it as well?

Also, not retro but anyone excited for that cross-over game with Index? Would love to get it but I don't feel like getting a PS4 just for that game. A shame to cause I'd love it if it were possible to play the VO games on PC without relying on the old PC port of the first game.
>>
File: 1483559756264.png (20KB, 560x402px) Image search: [Google]
1483559756264.png
20KB, 560x402px
Just emulate the arcade version?
>>
>>4213518
The controls for this game are fucking weird. I was told this was better than Armored Core but I think the person who told me that was bumfuck retarded
>>
>>4217107
It fixes a variety of compatibility issues and opens up the Debug menu so you can skip to various parts of arcade mode. It's also compatible with Hitachi for online play, but the original version may also work.
>>
>>4217147
Unless OP has twin sticks, playing on a Model 2 emulator isn't very fun as it assumes you're using twin sticks. Hell, I had to get an older version of the emulator as simultaneous input from two sticks on the latest is broken. Could use a modern controller I guess, but it doesn't feel great to play. Not to mention the Model 2 emulator isn't perfect to begin with. Anything else is likely more comfortable, even if the 60FPS is nice.
>>
>>4214345
the Sega "3D Ages" games are trash, but eventually Sega dropped that shit and kept using the Sega Ages 2500 name for actually good releases
and the VO port is pretty good, I think M2 did it actually
kind of wish 480p mode was fullscreen, but that's my only gripe, and IIRC that's an issue with the PS2's hardware itself (it can't stretch the final image up from the internal resolution in 480p mode)

>>4218021
the game depends on a pair of twin sticks in the arcade, which feels amazing like you're piloting a "real" mech
unfortunately, nothing else really compares (using a modern dualshock or whatever to replicate it sucks) and all the control schemes are kind of varying degrees of eh
also, never ever ever ever ever ever fucking rotate your mech to face your opponent, jump and then land quickly to retarget always, 70% of people that bitch about VO seem to get stuck on this

it's also a totally different sort of game than AC, more of a versus fighter than a mech action game
>>
>>4218038
Ah ok, that makes it interesting. Thanks for the info anon.
>>
File: I_main_a_girly_mech.jpg (711KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
I_main_a_girly_mech.jpg
711KB, 2592x1944px
>>4218021
The controls are like "tank controls" to me. Sadly, as I have enjoyed the game in arcades and think the twin sticks are part of the experience, I have noticed the best players just use a standard layout on 360 pads with dedicated buttons to guard and jump. To me that's like playing DDR on a controller opposed to the step pads. I get it, like racing games as a steering wheel feels amazing to use, players using standard analog sticks have an advantage over those using steering wheel setups.

I too would say the Armored Core games are very, very different games nothing like that from the Virtual On games. I think Arms is a closer approximation and in some ways the Custom Robo series are closer to a Virtual On game.

As for the sticks, I have a couple of the Saturn ones, because they overproduced them and they were very cheap at one time, but I cannot get over how the triggers have this sharp edges, so they become uncomfortable. It was fixed with the nice rounded edges on the Dreamcast twinsticks (they feel like the triggers of a Saturn 3D pad/Dreamcast triggers/360 controller triggers). The 360 twinsticks by Hori are way too expensive for me to have tried out, but they did make a few revisions. I surmise the best of those Hori twinsticks is the widest base (sloped front) with the wider distance between the two sticks.
>>
>there are people on /vr/ who don't own the dreamcast and XBLA versions of Virtual On
>>
>>4218689
I own it.
>>
It's weird I had it for Saturn and never had an issue with the controls. Then again I always picked Apharmed for those insta kill batons.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.