[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>find alternate path >get lots of hostages along the way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>find alternate path
>get lots of hostages along the way and thus lots of extra lives
>boss is pic related
>none of my weapons work on him
>have to let him kill me a shit ton of times to get back to menu
Who designed this shit?
>>
>>4213318
There's a trick to him, you only need your default buster.
>>
File: Mmx6box.jpg (628KB, 1002x1019px) Image search: [Google]
Mmx6box.jpg
628KB, 1002x1019px
>>4213328
>>
>>4213328
Jesus, actual youngfag and a tryhard too.
Keep it up man I'm sure you'll fit in with the rest of the board eventually.
>>
>>4213318
This may come as a bit of a surprise, but Mega Man X6 is not a very good game.
>>
>>4213331
>>4213332
Lmao whoops stopped caring after 4 though played 7 over a weekend which was on PS2.

Not "youngfag" nor did I "try hard" (which if I did I would have discovered it was a PS1 game)
>>
>>4213328
Holy crap, can you be any more of a newfag?
>>
>>4213346
>Lmao whoops excuses excuses I'm not underage I swear please don't exclude me sempais
>>
>>4213349
Sorry only PS1 Megaman game I played was 8 when I got it with my PSX.
>>
>>4213318
He has one weakness, and I believe it's ground scaravich's weapon.

But do your self a favor and stop playing Megaman X series. There is only sadness if you choose to continue to X7 and X8.

I'd still play an X9 though
>>
>>4213357
Why's that? I know X7 has 3D control segments and you have to unlock X, but is it that bad? Can X8 be that bad, since it's all on a 2D plane?
>>
>>4213381
X7 Is hot garbage, but I can't stop you.

X8 IS a nice return to form, but I was still salty form X7, and it didn't do much to convince me otherwise.

You know what? Give X8 a shot, you might end up liking it more than I did.
>>
>>4213381
X7 is worse than X6, but I'd argue it's one of those games that are so bad they're good.
>>
>>4213353
Last week?
>>
File: 1454652619288.png (3MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1454652619288.png
3MB, 900x900px
>>4213381
>is it that bad?
>literal minute of loading between every level and every death
>clunky 3D controls, horrible controls overall
>X not available at the start; Axl's is a poor man's X
>boring level design
>BURN TO THE GROUND
>even the OST isn't all that good
>despite the game being unfairly difficult due to all the aforementioned problems, Sigma is a complete fucking joke

This doesn't cover everything, but those who say any of the PSX games are the "worst MMX game" have not played X7. X8 is an improvement over X7, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>4213741
I don't remember much of my playthrough of X7 beyond that it seemed to leave me bored and with a headache.
>>
That was the most embarrassing post I've read for a long time.

>>4213318
Zero also can't defeat him, right? X6 was all sort of messed up.
>>
>>4213326
Explain more.
>>
>>4213381
X7 is that bad, X8 had too many on-rails shooter and enclosed arena segments but otherwise was a fine game.
>>
>>4214376
I think Zero just had the same problem X did, needing a specific boss weapon. The "impossible" thing in X6 was the segment after High Max where certain setups couldn't make it any further:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvNv2E9k6Ic
>>
Generally I've been resetting whenever I miss a hostage (in X6) but I just noticed a lost one so far. Is that a big deal? Am I missing out on anything really helpful if I don't get 100% of them?
>>
Also I tried going to a few stages and some of them get dark for no apparent reason? What were they thinking?
>>
OP, High Max is a bitch, and ur just not gud.

- Remove his invulnerability with a fully charged X-Buster Shot. He'll flash white very briefly when you've done this correctly.

- Damage him with any special weapon during this vulnerability period. I recommend Yammar Option or Metal Anchor. Guides say the Magma Blade is the weakness, but that's bullshit.

-Zero has to do the opposite to damage him, attack with a special weapon to make him vulnerable, and then a basic attack with the Z-Saber will damage him.

Also yeah, X6 is the start of a low-balling point in the X series. Do yourself a favor and skip X7. X8 is decent, tho. Also try Xtreme 2 if you haven't. It was the first game to capitalize on the Partner Change and Parts systems, and was the inspiration for the better ideas implemented in the PS2 era X-games.
>>
>>4213741

Axl should not even be a thing.
>>
>>4213357
You can use any special weapon against High Max, but only after you hit him with a charge shot. Special weapons also get rid of his shield thingy after a couple hits.

High Max is much easier as Zero, all you need is his Down + Triangle ability (which is his most useful ability, especially if you have Shot Eraser). His Down+Triangle ability makes him vulnerable, damages him, and even gets rid of his weird shield thingys.
This shit doesn't take long to figure out. It's no different than figuring out any other boss in the series.
X6 really isn't a game for the average person/gamer. The complaints against it (besides certain Nightmare effects) are by people who really shouldn't be playing it to begin with. If you're not pro at the previous X games and a master of the gameplay/physics of the games, then you're not going to like X6 at all, you're going to die over and over again and then bitch and whine about it on /vr/ and maybe even youtube "OMG SO UNFAIR WHAT WERE THEY THINKING".
I wonder if any of these people played Megaman Zero?
>>
>>4215208
>X6 is HARDCOAAAAR
That whole argument is invalid due to a glitch that makes you invincible when playing Zero
https://youtu.be/NwyhtEPif1c
>>
>>4215131
>>4215208
Fuck, I never would have thought of that. I thought the flashing white just meant the charge shot was ineffective.

I tried Zero's diagonal-downward slash and noticed it did damage, but it made me move into Max's sprite and did damage to Zero.

Anyway, after finding High Max a few times and quitting, I starting finding Dynamo at the end of the alternate paths instead. Have I locked myself out of fighting High Max? Or is it random? How many bosses can you find on the alternate paths, just the 3?

Also yes I did play Xtreme 2, it was really fun, I played through all the modes.
>>
>>4215245
Okay I checked a guide and it seems like after beating the 8 mavericks you can only fight Dynamo, but it looks like you fight a stronger version of him later on anyway. Am I missing out on anything by not beating him in the secret stage?
>>
>>4215240
One 1 stage. Retard.
>>
>>4214813
OP here, I just made it to this point using the Shadow Armor. What the fuck, now I have to start the level all over.

Also, is that first secret lab level even possible without the shadow armor?
>>
>>4215663
>Also, is that first secret lab level even possible without the shadow armor?

It is, but you need jump parts.
>>
>>4215695
What if the Reploids that have them get killed? Also don't you need some mobility parts to get some armor pieces? Can you recover Reploids who have been killed/converted? Or is it possible to reach an unwinnable state?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.