[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, i read on another gaming forum that someone is making an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 546678645636.jpg (223KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
546678645636.jpg
223KB, 1920x1080px
So, i read on another gaming forum that someone is making an adapter to put a Gameboy game inside an Snes shell and play it on a Snes console.

Catch is... you need to solder the GB game to a Super Gameboy board...

Is it just me or is this idea fucking retarded? why would you want to only play ONE single GB game if you can play them all with your Super Gameboy? am i retarded for not getting the benefit of such an adapter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOYWaBiN4KU
>>
Think of it like an artisanal game for the SNES. People want games on their favorite game console of all time and will pay. Like how Starfox 2 is best played on the SNES, this person wants a specific Gameboy game on thier favorite console.
>>
>>4212686
>Destroying perfectly fine Super Game Boys for the sake of """""""""""""art""""""""""""
I want hipsters to die
>>
>>4212906
I usually have a more liberal attitude towards hardware mods, like people cry about destroying playchoice 10 boards for the original nes rgb mod and I think that's silly, but this is a fucking useless abomination
>>
File: 1502999809982.jpg (334KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502999809982.jpg
334KB, 800x600px
>>
>>4212920
if you're trying to imply that OP doesn't understand how this stupid shit works electronically you are the one who doesn't get it
>>
>>4212638
>>4212686
Reddit please leave. If you want to complain about an embarrassing "mod" do it on reddit, stop being a pussy and whining behind the guys back.
>>
>>4212918
>like people cry about destroying playchoice 10 boards for the original nes rgb mod and I think that's silly
why do you think that's silly?
>destroy perfectly good piece of arcade hardware so you can have incorrect colors in NES games

fuck off, faggot
>>
>>4212932

what i wanted is to understand the reason why this would be usefull... and from the replies ive read im not the only one thinking is absolutely useless since it rpety much renders a device that allowa you to play every Gboy game on an Snes, to one that allows uyou to play ONLY 1 game and at the same time, prevents you from using that same game on the original console it was designed for.
>>
Why just not use the super game boy the way it was intended
>>
What poor souls created this retard?
>>
>>4212638
retarded idea. just ruining a super gameboy. surely someone just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>4212638
you sure this wasn't a troll doing something retarded to give people something to laugh at?
>>
>>4212638
There are genuinely good mods.
>RGB NES
>Hard modding 3DS'
>Soft modding PS2's
>Controller adapters

There are neutral mods
>Making handheld consoles
>"consolizing" handhelds

And there are bad mods.
This is a bad mod. It strictly limits functionality. You remove functionality of the GB cart, and you destroy a fucking super gameboy.
>>
>>4212918
Holy shit people do that?
Im disgusted
>>
>>4213141
It was just starting to be a thing people would buy PC10 boards for then NESRGB came out so now very few people do it, basically people who are both obsessed about "authenticity" but ignorant of the existence of the Famicom Titler.
>>
>>4212638
>you wouldn't solder a flashcart
Yup, you're as retarded as the dingus in your video.
>>
>>4213107
theres a video in the OP, and that same guy has other videos where he explains how to make repros and stuff.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.