[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you judge a console by its collective library as a whole or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5313.jpg (317KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5313.jpg
317KB, 1333x1000px
Do you judge a console by its collective library as a whole or by it's good games?
>>
>>4212216
>whynotboth.jpg
There are plenty of consoles that were critical and commercial failures that nonetheless had a few excellent games. Taken on the quality of its arcade ports, for instance, the 32X was great.
>>
>>4212216
I play any console, doesn't matter if it has a large library of games or the amount of good games it has, I'll collect either way. It could be an Apple Pippin for all I know, if it has good games, I'll buy it.
>>
>>4212216
Good is subjective, some people are willing to look at the entire library, and some are willing to only look at a preferred genre or two, when making that decision.
>>
>>4212216
>MEGA DRIVE
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>4212216
By the number of good games in it's collective library.
>>
Good games only. I don't care if 99% if the library is shit, if it has 10 must-play games, it's at least a decent console.

In that regard, basically no console is a complete dud. It's a happier way to look at the world desu.
>>
genesis on top of a mega drive? huh?
>>
>>4212216
If we judged each console by their collective library, they would all be shit due to simple statistics. Except for the neo geo pocket, that one didn't have enough time to put out any bad games.
>>
Do its games justify its purchase price? That's the only metric that matters.

I bought a PC Engine just for RoB and it was worth it.
>>
>>4212216
>Do you judge a console
Nah. I just play on it.
>>
>>4212216
>by it's good games
This.
Is not like I'm going to buy the bad ones.
>>
>>4212216
By its good games. The other way around is ridiculous. It would be like saying DVD sucks because most movies are shit.

Consoles are just tools to play games anyway. Anyone who is "loyal" to a console has a child-like mentality.
>>
>>4212216
Primarily i judge a console by its best 3 games, or so.
>>
Brand loyalty is for hobos. since I'm not dirt poor I just buy all consoles and games that catch my eye
>>
>>4212216
I judge a console on its fanbase. For example the pic you posted is a fanbase of cancerous poorfags.
>>
>>4214537
I judge consoles by their smell, mostly. If it ain't smell right, I'm not playing it.
>>
File: 1337869446955.jpg (25KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
1337869446955.jpg
25KB, 300x375px
>>4212216
Good games are the only thing I care about.

If I was forced to choose, I would always take a system with 100 good games and 10 000 trash ones over a system with 80 good games and 0 trash ones.
>>
>>4214537
So you judge a console on the thing that matters the least? Not the games you personally can play on it, but what the other people who play on it are like personally? Are you mentally ill?
>>
>>4214581
This.
>>
Judge the console by its games on the whole, but celebrate the good stuff regardless. Nobody pretends the Virtual Boy was anything other than a piece of shit, but Mario Clash and Virtual Boy Wario Land were damn good.
>>
>>4212216
Good games only is the only reasonable metric, it seems to me. If bad games exist, they don't detract from the fun that you can have with the good games.
>>
>>4214537
>I judge a console on its fanbase.
If I did that myself, I wouldn't bother playing video games to begin with.>>4214537

>For example the pic you posted is a fanbase of cancerous poorfags.
And the others aren't? Smell a b it of bias in your post anon...
>>
>>4214537
>fanbase of cancerous poorfags
PC Master Race is full of Poor Cancerous fags. Instead legally owning Physical Copies of console games, they download it and use emulators instead. They even pirate PC games all the time & openly admit to this.
>>
>>4212216
Why would I judge it by games I'll never play? That's literally fucking autistic.
>>
>>4212224
why care about arcade ports when MAME exits?
>>
>>4215298
So you can play it on BASED GENESIS
>>
File: Oh, come the fuck on, man.jpg (296KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Oh, come the fuck on, man.jpg
296KB, 1200x1200px
>>4215264
>not wanting to spend $$$ on physical copies makes you cancer
Well, excuse me for wanting to save money AND storage space. Not gonna argue with you on pirating PC games, because that is fucked up - personally, I'll only pirate if there's literally no way of getting a legit copy of the game any more.
>>
>>4215335
Fair enough. I'm lucky I got plenty of space for my things.
>>
>>4215293
Then why is it okay to say it about [rival to my childhood console]?
>>
>>4215298
who wants to play stupid self-centering space harrier when you can play non-self-centering space harrier on the 32x
>>
>>4212216
Hybrid of the 2.

I judge based on the amount of good games. I'll hold a higher opinion of a console with say 20 good games than one with 10. Like if you had a console with only one good game but it was really good. Then the other console has 9 but they're pretty good, I'll go for the latter. Because that one really good game on console 1 says more about the studio that made that game not the console.
>>
>>4212216
The library as a whole is very important, and is one of my first considerations when making a purchase. However, I *judge a console* by what it can do and how it does it. For instance, I think everything on the Genesis and the SNES look and sound great. The Master System, however, was shit. I bought a GBC instead of a Game Gear because though it's the lower performing system, it's more efficient, with far less batteries needed and I can hook some of the games up to my N64 for extra features and such. The Game Gear is an awesome console if you have an unlimited supply of AAs though...
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.