[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

um wtf is no one talking about the neosd? Isn't a flash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

File: 102-thickbox_default.jpg (31KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
102-thickbox_default.jpg
31KB, 800x800px
um wtf is no one talking about the neosd? Isn't a flash cart for neogeo a huge deal?
>>
>I want to save space and money
said no AES owner ever
>>
>>4211616
um what?
>>
>>4211626
The whole point of playing and collecting Neo Geo games is the ownership of the hardware...
If you're chimp out and use petty corner-cutting measures, you could just emulate since the dawn of time. That's why nobody's talking about it.
>>
Now you too can play hundreds of subpar fighting games!
>>
>>4211629
call me when theres a cycle accurate neogeo emulator
>>
>>4211640
so you can play accurate metal slug for ninth time? give it up kid, there's no point in playing the shit geo
>>
>>4211607
Meh.
Pandora's Boxes have existed for years. Same thing with the 131 in 1 multicarts and a slew of things like Fightcade.

It's nice, but it's also fairly irrelevant.
>>
>>4211658
>Pandora's Boxes
Emulation in a chip.
>>
>>4211658
>Fightcade
Online is not retro.
>>
>>4211664
Pretty sure I was playing online on my dreamcast....
>>
>>4211640
Again, so you can chimp out while you play games with 100% accuracy? I guess the eight people this applies to can join the thread. Anyone who cares that much will pony up the dough to do it legit brah
>>
>>4211607
not really. Multi-carts have existed for forever and Neo Geo emulation is very good.
>>
I wanted to get one but its like $400+ and I basically own every neo geo game I give a fuck about so whats the point?
>>
>>4211658
>131 in 1 multicarts
No Windjammers
No Metal Slug X
>>
File: 1412866067349.jpg (24KB, 241x231px) Image search: [Google]
1412866067349.jpg
24KB, 241x231px
>>4212021
>Metal Slug X

Enjoy your 8fps
>>
>>4212035
That's Metal Slug 3
>>
>>4211607
Maybe because it's priced way outside the normal poster's range to be useful? Maybe if it were under $200 but $450+ is just price-gouging.

>hurr but Neo Geo is for enthusiasts and they should be used to spending $1000+ on a single game

Fuck off with that
>>
>>4211607
>Isn't a flash cart for neogeo a huge deal?
Not really. There have been flash carts on the market preloaded with almost all neogeo games on a CF card for years, shit is cheap too less then $100 on AliExpress
>>
>>4211664
>what is dreamcast (complete with DLC!)
>what is the Sega Netlink for Saturn (could play duke 3d online!)
>even sega channel for genesis
>famicom's modem bullshit
>even atari had some stupid useless garbage adapter, ad did intellivision
I hereby present the theorum that you, anon, are in fact not retro!
>
>>
Who gives a shit about the neogeo. It's just fighting games
>>
It would be a bigger deal if the Neo Geo had a larger library. As it is, it's like a Jaguar flash cart. Neat, but you don't get much out of it.
>>
>>4212105
way to disrespect the most legendary 2d console ever made
>>
>um wtf is no one talking about the neosd?

Because we're not paid shills.
>>
>>4211658
I own a 131 in 1 for my AES through an MVS to AES converter. It's not optimal and almost half of the games on it are rom hacks and modified versions of games already on the cart. Also a number of noteworthy games are missing from it.
So as someone who loves the Neo Geo, but can't afford the crazy prices for the carts, the NeoSD is the perfect solution.

I normally only buy original games for the original hardware, and don't use flash carts, but the Neo Geo is an exception I'm willing to make.
>>
>>4211764
If you already own every Neo Geo game cart you want, then there literally is no point.

Unless you want a couple dozen fighters you'll never play.
>>
>>4212047
That would be Metal Slug 2 that runs like crap.
>>
>>4212021
And bad dumps from the neoragex time

And a lot of soldering to make it work as it should
>>
>>4212174

>It would be a bigger deal if the Neo Geo had a larger library

Or the games had reasonable prices, hell, even the MVS games are starting to pick stupid high prices.... just windjammers probably costs as much as the neosd.

AES is out of the picture unless you are a wealthy collector... and if you are one you are not in the market for a neosd.
>>
>>4211616
>said no AES owner ever

There were a couple of guys who had complete USA sets, they sold them all and bought matching Japanese releases and raked in a killing, and the game played the exact same with a modded bios (since the cart data is identical, only the bios tells the carts which version to load).
>>
>>4212767
Might as well buy the cheaper MVS boards. The games are the same only the BIOS tells the console version to load.
>>
>>4212746
>And a lot of soldering to make it work as it should
I did all "mods" from the neo-geo forums, took like 2 hours with taking my time, and doing everything carefully.
As for bad dumps, what games on that multi-cartridge are bad dumps? I believe most games I've played even pass CRC checks, but it's been a year since I played my MVS setup.
>>
>>4211607
>um wtf are neets poor?

>>4211616
kek

>>4212767
Sounds legit
>>
Can we make this a thread on the ridiculous fanbase the Neo Geo has? The neo-geo.com people are absolutely insane. Someone was scammed for THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS for a copy of Aero Fighters 3...lmfao
>>
>>4211607
plenty of people are talking aboot it
>>
>>4211640
MAME does the job you titt.
>>
>>4211607
What the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>4211607
Its too expensive. One thing i never understood...
with like 500000 aes consoles in the world why didnt the little chinese rascals never came up with a multi 160-in-1 cart for the aes?
>>
>>4212105
That's what I thought, until I tried Windjammers and Twinkle Star Sprites with friends.
>>
>>4214489
>Twinkle Star Sprites
Play Saturn version instead.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
The only good Neo Geo games have been ported to EVERYTHING including the Wii, PS4 and PS Vita.
Neo Geo collectors are fucking hipster retards with too much money to spare. Keep collecting those carts, fags, I'm sure they'll be worth a bazillion dollars in ten years.
>>
>>4214489
>Windjammers
It's literally PONG for weeabos.
>>
>>4214043
MAME has crippling input lag and several emulation bugs. Terry's stage on Garou MotW for example, isn't properly synced with the music.
>>
>>4214556
Windjammers port is only going to rise cartridge prices, and you know it.
>>
>>4214595
The point is why the fuck would you collect the cart when it's been ported to everything. Only mental disorder hoarders with severe OCD complications care about owning a piece of plastic.
>>
>>4214601
Never post your uneducated opinions again, kid.
>>/v/
>>
>>4212105
There are only NINTRENDO games on SEGA consoles, OK?
>>
>>4214601
There's still something to be said for playing the software on the original hardware it was designed for.

Even if modern emulation has reached a point where it's "good enough" for you and PS4 release, it's still emulation and is not 100% accurate to original hardware. That may not matter to you and that's fine, but it's still just your opinion. You can still play the games emulated on your choice of platform, but it will likely never be 100 percent cycle-accurate, which does matter to others. Why not let those people worry about what's important to them?
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 268x188px
>>4214601
>hoarders

You are the first guy i saw on here that spelled h o a r d e r right, CONGRATS little man!!
>>
I used to have a decent neo collection, I sold it and bought a MVS arcade cabinet and started collecting MVS carts, once the 150 in 1 China carts came out, I bought one and sold the 60 carts I had. Collecting neo carts for the collection is super hipster
>>
>>4211607
I've downloaded the full Neo Geo set once, it's all fighters (and winjammers)
>>
>>4214937
>There's still something to be said for playing the software on the original hardware it was designed for.

Elaborate.
>>
>>4215175
For one, the Neo Geo stick and specially the Neo Geo CD controller feel totally different from those Sanwa sticks kids use these days.
>>
i bought a box with 300 neogeo cartridges, its all cooking mama games :(
>>
>>4214969
whoreder
>>
File: IMG_1039.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1039.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Jeez guys

I'm an AES owner. I wouldn't mind one of these.
>>
>>4213393
Lol I bet snk would make that dude multiple copies for $30k.
>>
Anybody remember neorage x and taking 15mins to download AoF and 2.5hrs for kof on 56k?
>>
>>4213032

>I did all "mods" from the neo-geo forums, took like 2 hours with taking my time, and doing everything carefully.

So I did, but if you are paying 60$ to some chink on aliexpress the least i expect is having the thing finished and ready to, not having to do the last touches myself.

>what games on that multi-cartridge are bad dumps?

In my copy World heroes 2 have a lot of stage musics bad (the original music is missing so they put some shitty ones as placeholders), in my copy samurai shodown is unplayable thanks to sprite corruption These are the two I found in my on 161 in 1.
>>
>>4213393
I can say there are few places on internet more toxic than 4chan, and one of them is neo-geo.com.

Really, they are bonafide morons...
>>
>>4214601
> Only mental disorder hoarders with severe OCD complications care about owning a piece of plastic.

Yep, that's the very definition of "collector", they want to collect, there's people who spend gazillons of dollars on classic cars, classic lego sets, beanie babies, rare antique books or, in this case, neo geo games.

>The point is why the fuck would you collect the cart when it's been ported to everything.

If you are asking this, you are not a collector...
>>
>>4214558
This, this is probably the shittiest non fighting neo geo game of their catalog, on single player is the greatest cheating "coin eater" of all.

It's only fun playing with friends unless your friends have snap reflexes and can read your inputs.
>>
neo-geo.com is narcissistic personal disorder-central, they drove everyone else away with their cancerous bullshit, now go there and troll the shit out of them
>>
yesterday i did something that i always wanted to do, i counted all the non fighting games for the neogeo mvs, its 80+ NON FIGHTING GAMES
>>
>>4215195
Yeah, they're fucking worse.

Half of them have been raped from years of use, and the buttons on stuff like teh bean controller just suck.

Get a Super Gun, and wire your own controller with Sanwa or Seimetsu buttons.
>>
>>4216796
It's really amazing how isolated they are. I used to post there years ago, and it's such a huge circle jerk that it's not even worth trying.
>>
>>4216813
You are talking about a forum whose members have been there 10 years or more, just go into any thread and look for the "10 year member" flair...

They had so many personal shit going on there... old grudges and shit, and it's fun to see them pop out out of nowere and start to fling personal insults when a thread get's a bit rowdy.

I don't know how people like gadgetuk and razoola can stand that place, and that's the only saving grace of that place, they are technical competent.
>>
>>4218540
>>4216796
>>4216813

What's so strange about the neo-geo.com people is how serious they take gaming on such a niche system.

Look at the official Neo library,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Neo_Geo_games,

In reality there are maybe 20-30 games worth playing on the system as the last released sequel for each game is usually the one worth playing.

There are some exceptions (All the Metal Slugs besides 2 and 4 are all amazing and KOF 98 and 2002 are usually considered the best with the other entries having some charm), but why would anyone play a World Heroes game besides WH Perfect?

It's a fun system to talk about, but the people on the official forums are so toxic and the amount of money wasted by people on there scamming each other is insane.
>>
>>4219395
some people actually have appreciation for the classics
>>
>>4215707

I still use neorage when i wanna make a quick run on Metal Slug or play KoF with a friend because how easy is to setup.
>>
>>4216796
I thought you were talking about 4chan for a moment
>>
>>4219395
>toxic
Kill yourself
>>
>>4219395
>the last released sequel for each game is usually the one worth playing.

You'd think that, but since these are games, some people might prefer the older version BECAUSE it lacks a certain feature, or is balanced slightly different. Tho I do agree that you must either be autistic or really really enjoy a game to play multiple versions that have only very minor variations between each other.
>>
>>4212574
Metal slug runs like shit in general on neo geo's
>>
>>4211629
>The whole point of playing and collecting Neo Geo games is the ownership of the hardware...
Maybe if you are a collectcuck, for someone who wants just to play the games on the real console a flashcart is great.
>>
>>4220327
Only fags and niggers use flashcarts
>>
>>4212094

As someone who's tried those 121 in 1 carts, they're garbage.

>They run at an improper voltage
>Sound often has to be fixed with soldering
>none of them contain the entire romset
>serious inaccuracies in some games, which fucks over high score attempts

No neo geo fans want those things. They're junk.

>>4212105

It has some good shmups.

>>4212174

There's a handful of unreleased roms that got dumped online, so it's a neat idea in case you don't want to program a single cart just to play those (ironclad comes to mind).

>>4212574

There's a romhack you can run on the neosd that fixes most of the slowdown. Apparently SNK couldn't code for shit, so they made the game update twice as many times as it needed to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01mKdvROAKA

>>4212751

Wind jammers goes for around $200.

>>4213393

They got their money back if I recall. that's nothing compared to them kicking the guy who developed the neo geo pocket fash cart off the boards because they thought they were being scammed.

>>4215682

All early releases I see. Can't blame you, they got stupid rare after that first wave of titles.
>>
>>4220452
How dare you speak like that
>>
File: the best kind of correct.jpg (343KB, 1446x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the best kind of correct.jpg
343KB, 1446x1080px
>>4220780

There was nothing wrong with that statement.
>>
>>4220452
Only virgin neckbeards are obsessed with collecting.
>>
>>4219395
>niche

I gotta say the neogeo is the system i have the most games for, by a huge margin even. And i only keep games that i play on a regular basis.
>>
>>4213032
>As for bad dumps, what games on that multi-cartridge are bad dumps?

Aerofighters 3 is really bad. Garou is a beta. Pretty sure the ai is not right for some of the kof games.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.