[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything I need to know before I start this? Arena and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Arena_Cover.png (2MB, 796x997px) Image search: [Google]
Arena_Cover.png
2MB, 796x997px
Anything I need to know before I start this?

Arena and Daggerfall thread?
>>
>>4210257
One of the more straightforward classes is Knight, because they auto repair their shit while they move. This means most artifacts you find wont go away on you.
>>
>>4210257

Why u no play Oblivion?
>>
>>4210351
to be honest, I found oblivion to be a return to the feel of the old TES games.

in both Arena and Daggerfall, your hit rates were very high from the beginning, and the combat would give good visual feedback to the player by making enemies "bounce" backward when hit. all of this was then ruined in Morrowind. not only were the hit rates low as fuck, even with high weapon levels, but there was no visible response from an enemy when they got hit. all you got was a slightly different sound. in this regard, the combat in oblivion felt much more like the combat in the old games.
>>
>>4210351
Because I've played Oblivion and I want to try the other games in the series?
>>
Use a mage class and build up your INT quickly. With the right mix of spells you can basically become completely immortal and one-shot everything by endgame. I recommend being a Nightblade since it also has decent physical attacks.

Also, get the Oghma Infinium asap because it lets you put in a ton of skill points.
>>
>>4210962
Nice to see spells are still broken even in the first game.
>>
>>4211004
Be sure to have plenty of magic potions.
>>
File: 1455039536351.png (242KB, 388x414px) Image search: [Google]
1455039536351.png
242KB, 388x414px
>>4210962
>>4211004
Adding to this. There are no real repercussions for murder or stealing from what I've experienced. Just leave the building/enter a building and come back. You can exploit this to get shit from guards to then sell.

You can also use this to steak into Inn rooms whenever you want and go without paying for a single room. It doesn't save a load of money, but it's still something you can do.
>>
>>4210416
They had visible responses to hits in Morrowind. NPC's would flinch back if you did enough damage in one hit. But most people would just flail like a spastic, waste their fatigue, and get all butt hurt. "Why can't I just mash the kill button and win? Hurr Durr, I guess I'll just go play Skyrim for the 50th time" If you couldn't hit anything with high weapon lvls you were obviously doing something wrong. Enchant a ring of constant restore fatigue and GIT GUD NUB.
>>
>>4210257
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Arena:Files

Use the pre-configured version on this page

Also look for TES Arena Remapped at the bottom under Utilities if you want to play with good controls.
>>
>>4211563
>Enchant a ring of constant restore fatigue and GIT GUD NUB.
>not immediately breaking the game with exponential alchemy returns and potions that let you jump across the continent and wield keening and sunder by regenerating the health and beating the main story in less than an hour
underage detected
>>
god Daggerfall was a buggy piece of shit, good dungeon crawling but nothing else. Morrowind was the peak of the series
>>
>>4211639
Please, speedruns are for children.
>Thinks that Oblivion is somehow better than Morrowind
underage detected. Go play some more Skyrim, kid.
>>
>>4211563
t. morrowindbabby
>>
>>4211687
Oblivion has better combat. Stats still matter but it's also just a fun hack and slash. Also the sidequests are better.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.