[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got this for free this weekend on PS1. I haven't had a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I got this for free this weekend on PS1. I haven't had a chance to play it. Is it any good?
>>
>>4207571
an interesting twist on the resident evil formula, but the enemy variety and enviroments are lacking imo
>>
>>4207571
Feels like a mix of resident evil & GTA V but with more emphasis on puzzle solving in between characters. It's a very interesting concept and ambitious for it's time period. I liked it, and I would check it out.
>>
Is the PS1 version the bad version? it feels very sluggish and not as fluid as Resident Evil.
>>
>>4207638
They're all bad versions. Martian Gothic is one of those very late Playstation games that got pushed out without being truly "finished" and set at an incredible MSRP of $10.

Japan had the Simple Series of $10/$15/$20 games but they were designed to be simple from the conception rather than being half finished games that just got deadlined out.

That having been said, Martian Gothic had a pretty good concept and it has the scariness all ps1 survival horror games have. I've been told the PC version is slightly more polished but I've never played it myself.
>>
>>4207776
Yea. it feels like it lacks polish. Is there a point in decontaminating all the characters? They all say they have a bad feeling about it...so I wonder if it was a bad idea.
>>
>>4207810
Pretty sure you have to do it for the airlock to work? Something like that.
>>
>>4207776
>They're all bad versions.
This. I tried playing it last year, it doesn't hold up.
And I love shitty ps1 survival horror games like Overblood.
>>
I always wanted to play this since it seemed like RE on Mars, but I was burned before by $10 PS1 games (Spec Ops, ugh).
>>
Yea not too fond of the game so far. It feels sluggish. There is a beginner trap at the beginning, in the room where you open the hatch for the guy.

I dunno why the Japanese guy doesn't get a weapon right away since he encounters the first enemy.
>>
I enjoyed it when I did play it, just because of the setting. Abandoned Mars base is hard to mess up and that kind of thing was a little popular in the cinema at the time.
>>
I met the chap who wrote the plot for it a couple of years ago at AdventureX. He was very reluctant to discuss the game, as apparently they'd "trimmed" an awful lot of what was supposed to be deep and thoughtful sci fi into a three-way space-resident-evil
>>
I liked it but thought the enemies were really annoying, you need bullets to kill them and they get back up in an instant, they're also pretty much impossible to dodge in narrow corridors, unlike resident evil.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.