[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>walk forward >mash buttons on enemies >walk forward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 42

>walk forward
>mash buttons on enemies
>walk forward more
>repeat

Why do people like this genre again?
>>
I really like belt scrollers™ but Final Fight always felt a bit dull to me too.
>>
File: doom-1993-01.jpg (117KB, 703x527px) Image search: [Google]
doom-1993-01.jpg
117KB, 703x527px
>move
>shoot

why do people like this genre again?
>>
notice how children always feel the need to reduce anything to the simplest terms, as to be able to comprehend them
>>
>>4207403
How is she still standing if she has 0 HP?
>>
Record yourself beating the game with just that. No moving sideways, no evading anything. Just hold forward and mash the attack button.
>>
>>4207403
Comfyness.
>>
>open eyes
>watch images
>repeat

Why do people like movies again?
>>
>>4207403
It's like a fighting game with only 2 basic moves and only cpu as opponents lmao.
>>
>>4207441
She's an independent stronk transwomyn, xe can do what xe wants
>>
>>4207510
There are lots of people who find real fighting games too complex and only want to punch ai anyways. So these games are perfect for them. It's a similar idea but made simple.
>>
It's about the long game- seeing how much health you can conserve, how many lives you can keep from losing, which strategies work during specific sections. The boss fights can be bretty nail biting
>>
>>4207430
Doom has exploration. Beat-em-ups have walking right.
>>
>>4207403
>walk forward
>die
>walk forward
>die
>insert coin
>repeat
>spend 30 credits to beat the game
>"HAHA WOW SUCH AN EASY REPETITIVE GENRE, WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS?"
>>
There's nothing wrong with simple games. Space Invaders and Pac Man are relatively simple, but loved by many. Sometimes you want something complex and strategic and sometimes you just want to relax and do something straightforward. Plenty of room for both.
>>
>>4207441
Maybe he just knocked out another Poison who's offscreen right now.
>>
>>4207403
These games would be a lot better if they just weren't so long. Like a 20 minute thing would be perfect. But usually they go 50-60 minutes or even more and I just get worn out by then. Plus if you die at the end it's a long way back just to try again.
>>
>>4207842
Imagine one where your player was complex with lots of moves to learn and then instead of a bunch of weak enemies with only a few attacks you're fighting just one at a time but they're just as complex and powerful as your character. So instead of a long game of attrition it could be fast paced. That could be really cool.
>>
>mashing buttons instead of setting up good throws
Found the credit feeder
>>
>>4207932
That sounds like shit, like a different version of a fighting game's single player. Who would want to play that? The thing that makes these games fun is crowd control.
>>
File: Beat Em Up Paths.jpg (106KB, 1339x740px) Image search: [Google]
Beat Em Up Paths.jpg
106KB, 1339x740px
>>4207932

That's EXACTLY what a beat em up should be if one were made now. No longer can you go for the general audience, you have people geared up for this genre, so there shouldn't be any hesitation to make the character control quicker, tighter, and have a larger moveset, just like in a fighting game. Also, more alternate paths.

Also, since beat em ups can be even more fun with multiplayer, maybe a computer boss wouldn't be the answer. Maybe players should compete for power-ups and boosts that last for the duration of that particular level, and then have to fight each other at the end of each stage. The winning player gets to decide the next stage, stage 2A or 2B, which also would encourage multiple playthroughs.
>>
>>4207960
>>4207932
You guys need to play Denjin Makai and even more so, Guardians.
Also, if you credit feed in these games without ever even having TRIED to get a 1CC, you haven't really experienced them.
>>
>inhale
>exhale
Why do people like living again?
>>
>>4207946
That was the joke. Sorry if I sold it a little too hard, but still funny.
>>
>>4207403

>not enjoying a solid jog n jab with your buddies

I feel bad for kids these days.
>>
>>4207629
This.
>>
>>4207946
The earliest fighting games like Street Fighter and Fatal Fury worked like that, and had their own charm. The non-playable character in FF1 were all broken messes that could never work as playable characters, but they're cool if you think of them as bosses.
>>
>>4207960
I mean, you pretty much just described Guardian Heroes, although the pvp is a separate mode instead of being part of the main game.
>>
>>4208010
Ever heard of Final Fight Street Smart? They made the enemies playable with working hitboxes, but you couldn't do the special moves or use weapons with them.
>>
>>4208014
Yeah, and some console ports of FF1 made the bosses playable too, but they had to redesign them to make that work.
>>
>>4207960
Later beat em ups already did a lot of what you're talking about. The genre's not really about complex movesets though, it's about spacing. More often than not by adding a lot of moves you just end up creating more cheesy tactics. Trying to appeal to the average player is pointless, they don't like the core gameplay. You can compensate by adding rpg elements and good presentation, but that won't save the genre.
>>
>>4208014
Oh wait nevermind you CAN do special moves by using your superjoy but you can't GRAB instead.
>>
>>4207960
Final Fight 3 did the whole branching path thing.
>and then have to fight each other at the end of each stage.
That would get boring quick when going for 1cc attempts. Big Fight: Big Trouble in the Atlantic Ocean did it by having vs mode as separate selection in the title screen.
>>
>>4207960
>>4208023
Castle Crashers did the whole "fight your teammates at the end of the stage" thing. It was a cute gimmick, but most of the time people would just try to end it as fast as possible so they could move on.
>>
>>4207403
>t. pleb cunt who has never 1 cced a single game.

You get the impression based on how YOU play ie terribly and like a brain dead worthless cunt, playing it for 1cc will make you realize how much strategising and execution you need to build and that's when the genre shines like all arcade genres.

>>4207629
These games ARE strategic and complex though if you are playing them properly, yes i said properly and not like some elbow clapping retard hitting buttons with no rhyme nor reason.
>>
>>4207529
This. Most scrubs only play fighters in arcade mode.
>>
Shadow Force had 6 button scheme (in the japanese version), special moves, playable enemies and branching paths and Guardians Dejin Makai 2 had 8 playable characters, special moves and guarding, lots of stages and weapons. Pretty much the pinnacle of the genre
>>
>>4208028
there is absolutely nothing wrong about that
>>
>>4207403
Many of these games were absolutely exciting back in the day. You were simply born to late.
>>
>>4208040
Everything is wrong with that.
>>
>>4208017
>The genre's not really about complex movesets though, it's about spacing.

Maybe that's why I find all these games so boring.
>>
>>4208027
Where does the strategy come in? Other than not getting hit and when to pick up a wrapon?
>>
>>4208047
Dude if i could i could travel back in time and murder Sirlin, Killian and co in their sleep, i would. Shit gets annoying, just enjoy the fucking games and leave your bloated ego out of it. The world doesn't revolve around you or fucking srk.com.
>>
>>4207403
I've never liked Streets of Rage or Final Fight. The gameplay feels so repetitive and the whole urban "street brawling" setting just seems lame to me.

Golden Axe is a bit better in gameplay and setting, but even that gets old eventually.
>>
>>4208057
There are many facets to walkie punchie gameplay that simply don't exist when you're not aiming for a 1CC. Credit feeding in a belto scrollah is like playing an FPS in god mode with infinite ammo: you don't have to learn the game or play well, you just kind of win and that's it. It's boring.
Seriously, I challenge anyone who thinks beat em ups are boring to seriously aim for a 1CC. You'll be surprised how much more interesting they suddenly become.
>>
>>4207430
Doom has good exploration, tons of secrets, a lot of action everywhere, a cool setting, and feels very smooth and precise.

Final Fight has people on an urban street walking to the right a short distance, punching people, walking right a little further, punching more people, and constantly feels stiff and picky about hit detection. If you don't like up perfectly you just miss completely because the sprites actually have paper-thin hitboxes and there's no way to accurate judge depth without trial and error. It's boring, repetitive, and generic.
>>
>>4208027
u mad
>>
>>4208070
I'm 99% certain everyone in this thread knows this, but they would all rather just bait than actually discuss video games.
>>
>>4208070
Okay but can you actually answer the question?
>>
The problem is that most people played beat'em ups on the SNES with that boring 3 onscreen enemy limit.
>>
If you're talking shit about Final Fight, you're obviously underage and should fuck off back to >>>/v/ with the rest of the eleventeen year olds.
>>
>>4208061
Git gud.
>>
>>4208070
Or I could play a more interesting game that doesn't take days or weeks of practice just to be able to play it in a way that makes it interesting or fun in the first place.

Getting good at beat-em-ups is like ramming your head into a brick wall until it breaks. There's some satisfaction in being able to say you actually broke a brick wall, but it was pain, tedious, and miserable the entire time getting there.
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (44KB, 412x360px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
44KB, 412x360px
>>4208090
There's a short session toward the end of Final Fight 3 where they managed to have (get ready for this) FOUR whole enemies at a time, but they are small and move at random so it doesn't stress out the cpu too much.
>>
>>4208087
>>4208070
Not trolling by the way, I'm curious what sirt of strategies an expert at these games uses when going for a 1cc.
>>
>>4207514
Transsexuals don't use any pronouns other than he or she
>>
>>4208095
There's a middle ground between being a credit feeder and being able to 1cc Final Fight. Try something easier, like the D&D beat-em-ups.
>>
>>4208087
Strategy consists of several things in a beat em up:
>which character best suits your playstyle
>knowing which weapons to pick up vs. which ones you'd be better off ignoring
>properly hitting enemies with one-use items ex throwing knives, breakable crates, etc
>making use of environmental hazards, fighting properly so that you don't get hurt/killed by the same
>crowd control (this is a big one)
>how much further until the next health pickup? based on that, how many times can i use my desperation move and still be in the green?
>should i let this enemy finish his combo, or should i use my desperation move?
>what's the best route through the level (in multi-route games obviously)

A lot of this is just knowing information, but applying it is important. More importantly, you don't even have to think about any of that stuff when you're just mindlessly credit feeding your way through a game. Seriously, try for 1CC.

>>4208095
It doesn't take that long for it to become fun and interesting. It instantly becomes fun and interesting when you start actually playing instead of credit feeding. There's also a wealth of knowledge to help you learn and get better at them (such as watching a 1CC video online to learn strategies). Difficulty also varies from game to game.
>>
File: q1.gif (71KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
q1.gif
71KB, 384x224px
>>4208103
Eh Final Fight is mostly about pulling out infinites to stunlock bosses to death. If you can't infinite don't even bother 1cc'ing.
There are small tricks and exploits like NOT MOVING UP in the factory level to avoid getting getting hit by flames, not scrolling the screen during the cop boss to avoid mook enemies from spawning, abusing the knife stab with Cody as it comes out fast, knocks enemies down and deals decent damage. But there ain't much to these games. Just enable rapid fire on MAME and infinite to death.

Pic related is how you infinite.
>>
>Slide out of vagina
>grow
>shrink
>die

why do people exist again?
>>
>>4208095
It's not any different from other difficult genres, or arguably better because it's very dynamic. You don't just have to memorize spawn points, you have to learn enemy AI and your own moves because you WILL have to deal with unexpected situations.
>>
>>4208112
That won't help him deal with the dangerous regular enemies and heavy RNG
>>
File: 544545.png (522KB, 654x494px) Image search: [Google]
544545.png
522KB, 654x494px
Final Fight started everything. The year it got released there was no better sounding, no better looking game on the planet in 1990. And that by a HUGE margin. Period. Final Fight single handedly set the tone for a decade long renaissance of arcade games, INCLUDING SFII. If you play(ed) this on your snes at home only, i feel sorry for you.
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (82KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
82KB, 480x360px
>>4208112
It's totally possible to 1cc without abusing stunlock though. Here's a no stunlock abuse 1cc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=529Efp0Q4aE
>>
>>4208112
Spoken like a retard who only watched YouTube videos and thinks he's an expert.
>>
>>4208109
Interesting, thanks. Not interested in tbe genre but know a little more about it at least
>>
>>4208134
Not gonna lie, I don't actually play these games.
>>
>>4208137
If I could recommend only one single game to get people interested in beat em ups, I'd say give Guardians a shot. It's an arcade game that never made it to America, it has like 8 playable characters, all of whom have several special moves, a projectile, and a desperation attack. The bosses aren't the best, but the general gameplay makes up for it. Give it a shot some time.
>>
>>4208134
He ain't wrong though, is he? Everyone abuses the infinite with Cody. You'd be a moron not to.
>>
File: pssmrand1.png (32KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
pssmrand1.png
32KB, 320x240px
>>4208139
I'd recommend Banpresto/Raizing's Sailor Moon Arcade if you wanna get into the genre, it's like a really smooth Final Fight clone. If you activate the debug menu cheat you can access unfinished cutscenes and endings that they couldn't put in the game.
>>
>>4208146
>>
>>4208109
>>should i let this enemy finish his combo, or should i use my desperation move?
That is just stupid. Enemy combos deal half a health bar of damage in Final Fight. You should ALWAYS superjoy.
>>
File: beatemup.jpg (3MB, 3664x4328px) Image search: [Google]
beatemup.jpg
3MB, 3664x4328px
>>4207403
>>
File: ffcd_piledriver.jpg (46KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ffcd_piledriver.jpg
46KB, 400x300px
>>4208109
>>which character best suits your playstyle
That is not how it works either. Cody is easy mode due to knife. Haggar is normal due to jumping pile driver. Guy is hard mode.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Haggar can't beat the car bonus no matter what you do.
>>
>>4208156
Great list. My only gripe is not mentioning to pick up the Japanese or Alpha Renewal version of Undercover Cops.
>>
>>4208140
The bosses aren't really the hard part of Final Fight though. The infinite makes them easier but it's not going to help you from getting swarmed in the stages.
>>
>>4208151
Sorry, I didn't really word that properly. It's more like, y'know, people who credit feed would never bother using it because they don't think about conserving health. So they just eat the combo, when really it's proper to super out of it. It's not strategy so much as "vital information."

>>4208159
Maybe for Final Fight, but there are plenty of games where it's disputable who the best character is. There'll usually be one character who's clearly the best, but for me personally, I'm not having fun unless I'm playing as the character I like most.
>>
>>4208074
>constantly feels stiff and picky about hit detection. If you don't like up perfectly you just miss completely because the sprites actually have paper-thin hitboxes and there's no way to accurate judge depth without trial and error

so basically doom is easy and final fight isn't? gotcha
sounds to me like the problem with beatemups isn't that they're brainless, but that they're not brainless enough
>>
>>4208168
Rolento's a bitch. Abigail has an AI exploit. Bosses are the hardest part of the SNES version by far.
>>
>>4208168
The thing about relying on infinite too much is that if they break out you're fucked. It's not as easy as the scrubs make it out to be.
>>
File: cmon.png (152KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
cmon.png
152KB, 500x324px
>>4208172
>snes version
>>
>>4208178
Final Fight 2 is a fun game.
>>
File: hagg.jpg (364KB, 1225x694px) Image search: [Google]
hagg.jpg
364KB, 1225x694px
>>4208132
I always liked that haggar in umvc3 referenced that in one of his supers.

Vanessa from King of Fighters had a super in XIV that referenced an infinite she had in another game as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bujxSaa-67Y

https://youtu.be/q6kdigMZV-U?t=20
>>
File: vendetta-rape-pic.gif (149KB, 492x498px) Image search: [Google]
vendetta-rape-pic.gif
149KB, 492x498px
Vendetta and Violent Storm are the only good Konami walk and punchies.
>>
>>4208204
Cody A-ism super in SF Alpha 3 is also a reference to this.
>>
>>4208139
I played a few back in the day. Not my cup of tea, but thanks
>>
>>4208207
Batman Returns is good too for a console shake 'n bake.
>>
>>4208117
Because we, the people.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (203KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
203KB, 1280x960px
I grabbed a copy of this ages ago, keep meaning to play it.
>>
File: batman-returns-snes.png (320KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
batman-returns-snes.png
320KB, 640x480px
>>4208224
Great game, I liked how they included some single plane platforming sessions to mix up the beat'em up sections. Great soundtrack.
>>
>>4208237
It's alright. Kinda on the easy side. The original Streets of Rage 2 in Mania mode is still better.
>>
>>4208237
My only gripe with this remake is that some people unironically think it replaces the originals as the definitive version of the game. It's way easier than the original games, and it can be made even easier if you tinker with the customization options.
But the soundtrack alone is killer and worth the download.
>>
>>4208238
>3 enemies
dropped
>>
>>4208254
I think it's a better game than the batman forever arcade, bite me.
>>
>>4208254
The game is still good. You use batarangs to stun enemies first so it adds some variety to the standard shuffle 'n tussle.
>>
>>4207615
>open door
>shoot monsters
>take red key
>open door
>kill monsters
>press space until you find hidden door
>take yellow key
Exploration is just padding.
>>
>>4208132
Thanks for posting my run m8 although this run is way better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulCvAZsNDk4
And yes, Infinites in Final Fight isn't required at all to clear it, to anyone saying it's too much of a forced challenge to 1cc it, remember the game has a 1cc ending like pretty much any other Capcom beat 'em up.
>>
>>4207403
you aren't playing it right - meant to be played for 1cc. only way beat em ups are enjoyable - trying to avoid all damage each fight is challenging and fun.
>>
>>4208443
I'm not sure about Replay Burners, some of their runs mainly of fighting games that are obviously cheesed with savestates.
>>
>>4208446
Beat'em ups are most enjoyable in multiplayer coop with friends.
>>
>>4208450
Could be for some games but in this the guy knows the game and strats too damn well to be tool assisted imo, actual tool assisted runs are awful to watch because they know nothing about FF
>>
>>4208093

2edgy4me
>>
>>4207441
>she
>>
>>4208443
Which capcom beat'em ups have 1cc endings?

>Final Fight
secret credits with faces

>Warriors of Fate
mini robots fighting

>Tower of Doom
What else?
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (60KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
60KB, 480x360px
>>4208584
>>Warriors of Fate
>mini robots fighting
I've never seen that.
SF2 had the developer portrait 1cc ending too.
>>
File: majorasMask.jpg (744KB, 1780x893px) Image search: [Google]
majorasMask.jpg
744KB, 1780x893px
>>4208443
>those three bugged ANDORE's getting their asses handed to them

Kekd.
>>
>>4208606
Timestamp, please?
>>
>>4208584
Dynasty Wars, The punisher, Armored Warriors, probably more but those come to mind
>>
>>4208628
Why would you need it, my dude?
>>
File: mm2.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mm2.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>4208628
>>4208706
well, there you go
>>
How come no mention of Double Dragon? OK, slightly different flavour of the genre but Double Dragon 2 on the NES has gotta be up there as one of the greats. Not to mention TMNT2 The Arcade. Turtles in Time though, I agree that's a bit of a joke.
>>
>>4209304
>Double Dragon 2 on the NES
2 enemies of the same type. The entire game.
>>
>>4209304
The engine can never show two different enemy sprites, it can only have two identical enemies sprites at a time. Also you can kinda cheese the game by pressing start on controller two and killing off the second player for easy extra lives. Also I might be misremembering from Double Dragon 3 but there were terrible platforming sections where you had to press A+B at the same time to jump or risk falling a pit and losing a life.
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (43KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
43KB, 256x240px
>>4209324
I just checked, Double Dragon 2 had this HORRIBLE platforming sections where you waste a million lifes if you don't do the A+B kick input perfectly every time. I mean it ain't a bad game for the time but compared to the arcade it's total shit.
>>
>>4209304
Rivercity Ramsom is the definitive NES beat'em up.
Mighty Final Fight is a close second.
>>
>>4208454
that too. played with friends going for 1cc is the best
>>
>>4209332
Those damn platforming sections. There's one area with spikey poles amd stuff going on. Iirc..
Somehow me and a friend finished it. But seriously ... Those platforming sections can piss off!!
>>
>>4208087
If you watched a single 1cc run on youtube you'd see immediately that it's leagues different from some donut mashing. Memorizing enemy spawns and the most important strat of all learning herding and when to sacrifice life with a super move to stop getting trapped are all fundamental skills in the genre. 1ccing these games takes a good deal of effort, knights of the round also has some weird rng manipulation tricks which require killing certain enemies with certain attacks and suicide before a point to get a 2up icon in the next screen, it's game dependent but tons of strategy exists throughout, again you should of been bright enough to figure this out alone but you aren't... you're stupid and need spoonfeed to figure anything out.
>>
>>4209358
If you wanna see enemy spawn memorization taken to its utmost extreme check out Battletoads Arcade, you need to memorize those respawns just to barely survive.
>>
>>4208138
>Not gonna lie, I don't actually play these games.
don't worry we know, thick bastard.

>>4208140
Totally bro, just go infinite and you'll 1cc right now, rightttt? moron.

The truth is VR tards think console games like ninja gaiden etc are hard so they stand no fucking chance at all with an arcade game, truly a place of untermensch.
>>
>>4209370
>Totally bro, just go infinite and you'll 1cc right now, rightttt? moron.
It depends. The infinite is A LOT EASIER to pull off with rapid fire. Is that considered cheating?
>>
>>4209370
Look, I'm just saying, every single Cody 1cc run I find uploaded on Youtube abuses the infinite stunlock on bosses. The game feels like you need to fucking exploit it to stand a chance.
>>
>>4209375
>>4209383
As proven in this thread runs exist not using it at all, the game is very challenging with it and even harder without. Learn which ever method works best for you and eventually both if you like the game that much.
>>
>>4209410
>As proven in this thread runs exist not using it at all,
And those are very impressive displays of skill. Also, why does it feel like every Capcom beat'em up after Final Fight had a decrease in difficulty?
>>
File: 1442696407894.jpg (12KB, 357x312px) Image search: [Google]
1442696407894.jpg
12KB, 357x312px
>>4207617
>only 2 lives in a credit

what kinda jew arcade did you go to? you normally get like 3 or 4 for a credit.
>>
File: download (8).jpg (19KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
19KB, 259x194px
>hold accelerator down
>mash left or right on turns
>hold accelerator down more
>repeat

>>
>>4208156
You forgot Sailor Moon
>>
>>4209420
You only get two extends once a run if you don't die. It's really rare to get any extends at all if you use credits.
>>
File: Pac-Land_Front.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Pac-Land_Front.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
>walk forward
>mash jump on platforms
>walk forward more
>repeat

>>
>>4207403
You know you want her to handcuff you.
>>
>>4209414
Do they? armed warriors is one of the hardest to 1cc afaik.
>>
File: 03.png (35KB, 224x384px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
35KB, 224x384px
>move up
>mash buttons to shoot
>move up more
>repeat

>>
File: Metal Slug (1).png (30KB, 608x448px) Image search: [Google]
Metal Slug (1).png
30KB, 608x448px
>walk right
>press buttons to shoot
>jump
>repeat
>>
>>4209451
That's actually a good point against shmups as that's literally all that you're doing.
>>
>>4208156

Sadly the genre disappeared in the 3D era. Even the ones mentioned are mediocre at best.
>>
>>4209469
Surely you've never played Spikeout, Slashout, Dynamite Deka 2 and Demolish Fist. Go download Demul and try them out immediately. The rom is like 40 mb.
>>
>>4209462
only in some early 80s shit
>>
>>4209473
What the fuck do you even do in 90s shmups. You dodge and shoot things. That's all.
>>
>>4209474
you score
>>
File: tumblr_lkqxteA6xf1qgcd7ao1_500.png (338KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lkqxteA6xf1qgcd7ao1_500.png
338KB, 500x389px
>>4209484
No, you really don't.
>>
File: 1496253999001.jpg (185KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1496253999001.jpg
185KB, 720x540px
>>4209486
>>
>>4209489
kek don't be butthurt now
>>
>>4207932
(1/3)

I can bring up 3 examples to refute this. Because they have already been tried.

Tekken 3 had Tekken Force mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7j9RCestbs

Issues:
Force mode = side mode, so no story to keep you interested.

Combat = main-game 1vs1 combat mechanics. Once you begin attacks, you lock onto the nearest enemy. Punches are too overly animated, meaning once you begin a combo string, you are locked into the combo animation until the attack is complete, even from a single punch/kick. You cannot block while stuck in this situation, AND you cannot alter the attack direction, leaving you vulnerable to attack from enemies that get behind you. No desperation/special attack to clear enemies surrounding you (think SoR2 and Final Fight as examples). Characters feel too large for this type of mode, meaning that the space onscreen to fight multiple enemies feels very crowded.

Enemies = weak time wasters until you can get to an actual boss. Bosses are just other characters from the main game, meaning that playing the original mode (Story Mode) is quicker to the point, especially when there is no incentive to actually beat this mode.

Had this been sold as an orginal game, it might have got some traction. Key word: might. Altering a 1vs1 game to something different (see: Mortal Kombat Mythologies) usually means doom for the game. People bought Tekken to play Tekken: The Fighting game, not Tekken: The Brawler.
>>
>>4207932
>>4209515
(2/3)

Tobal No.1 had Quest mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG_feD7ZKS0

Issues:
Quest mode = side mode, so no real story to keep you inerested.

Movement = stiff. 3rd person travel feels hindered as your character is 'battle ready' the entire time. Only two speeds of travel: "Battle Shimmy" or "Full speed ahead". Turning is not precise, meaning item collection (and item use) can be a chore. Platforming sections are a nightmare with such awkward controls. It's also easy to get lost in-game even with the included map.

Combat = main-game 1vs1 combat mechanics. Traveling between sections: combat happens in 3rd person perspective, and attacks do not lock on. Thankfully you only every really face one enemy at a time, so this is not a huge issue. And this is remedied when you enter designated combat rooms, which turn the game back into 1vs1 mode, where both opponents constantly face each other. However: combat too close to a wall makes it that much harder to fight the single enemy you face.

Enemies = fluctuate between easy peons to overpowered behemoths. Nice variety of enemies, but the bosses battles of these sections are merely the boss characters of the main game. That is mostly the point of this mode, however (to unlock each boss to make them playable), so at least that makes some sense. But if you weren't interested in unlocking the boss characters, this mode was a tad pointless.

This mode had some neat ideas but overall felt a bit empty, as this is yet another side-mode from the main game.
>>
>>4207932
>>4209515
>>4209517

(3/3)
The Bouncer for PS2 was close to what you are describing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnHTQz_FMhY

I was never able to play this game myself so I'm only going by the footage I've linked. But it seems to remove the headache of travel between sections by use of story, and when it does let you explore on your own, the camera isn't locked into directly-behind-you 3rd person. Combat seems to be 1vs1 based, even though there are 3 other characters on your side who run off to draw the attention of the surrounding enemies. They are removed in later stages though, so the same combat flaws that Tekken Force mode has seem to plague this one as well.

As far as I remember, this game got panned pretty hard.

The one thing that I think prevented any of these modes/games from really shining was the fact that, just like the fighting games they were based on, most people didn't want to take the time to "study" to play these games, meaning the fans of fighting games who would play these would wind up sticking to the original modes, and those who were not fans of fighting games would most likely skip these for being overly complicated beat-em-ups.

Not saying that I personally wouldn't enjoy what you are suggesting in your post, mind you. But I can see why most people wouldn't (unfortunately).
>>
>>4209332

Now this is an overrated game. I like it because of nostalgia, but damn, so many platforming sections with a 2 button jump, and a delay on the jump no less. Also possibly hyper kneeing if not done correctly.

Not a horrible game, but shit implementation for a 2 button jump.
>>
>>4209414
>Also, why does it feel like every Capcom beat'em up after Final Fight had a decrease in difficulty?
you get more tools, i.e. ability to block, roll or use grenades. plus you don't need to abuse ai to win(i.e. the shitfest that is fight with sodom). also, early capcom games such as final fight and ghosts and goblins takes difficulty too far, so only masters can 1cc without heavy abusing.
>>
>>4209486
90s shmups you don't score? fuck me what a dire idiotic feral cunt, how about batrider and garegga? those 2 alone have more complex scoring and strats than any shmup made, how about raiden dx? how about dodonpachi? esprade? dangun feveron? guwange? You deserve to die in your mothers disappointed arms for chatting such bollocks, fuck off.
>>
File: IMG_0419.jpg (22KB, 388x393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0419.jpg
22KB, 388x393px
Yea but what other games let me powerbomb a fucking alien queen
>>
>>4209583
Oh, the score aspie didn't get it. Like pottery.
>>
>>4209597
Get your shit attempt at sarcasm? fuck up fuccboi you can't score shit, ask your mum to bring another hot pocket and a cheeky handjob you violent queef.
>>
>>4209523
Git gud.

Those bits are supposed to be hard. Yes, there is that bit with the floating platforms that can kill all your spare guys... games of this time tended to have difficulty spikes like this, it's not a defect in the game.

The NES only had two buttons, one is used for kick, one for punch and both together jumps. The primary focus is fighting, not jumping. It's not Super Mario Bros. The controls are good.
>>
>>4207403

It was another party game. You and a couple friends could spend an hour or more playing these games, giving each other shit and just enjoying the hell out of yourself.
>>
>>4209313
>>4209324
Why are you so negative? Ok, only two enemies of the same type. So what? They made it interesting.
>>
>>4209626
God damn, normally I'd think you were playing along with him but being /vr/... I just don't fucking know anymore.
>>
>>4209414
Warriors of fate is harder than ff, especially on hardest
>>
>>4207932
So, just Street Fighter 2?
>>
>>4209596
You can't grab alien queens in this game... so you can't power bomb them either...
>>
>joystick to move around
>one button to attack
>a combo happens when you score consecutive hits on an enemy. Always the same combo.

yawn
>>
Does Michael Jackson's Moonwalker count as a beat em up?
Magic em up
Dance em up
HOOOO em up?
>>
>>4210847
it's a shinobi'em up or shinobivania
>>
>>4210858
Shinobi'emup

My sides
>>
I like The Combatribes
>>
It was fun for its time, but those sorts of games just need more to them to work nowadays. Way back even pong was entertaining. Now just the idea of it is novel and its more entertaining to watch two AI's play pong rather than play it yourself.
>>
>>4210918
wek ass bait
>>
>>4210924
>he doesn't agree with me so it has to be bait!
>>
>>4210935
Dude you just said games did age. That's weak bitch ass bait. You're a faggot loser retard numale millennial shitter.
>>
>>4210918
Yeah games like these really need heavy story and RPG elements like all the modern AAA masterpieces
>>
>>4211007
Even then Guardian Heroes and Panzer Bandit attempted those too. You have no excuse.
>>
>>4211007
>>4211026
Shadow Over Mystara, Knights of Valour, Crystal of Kings had branching paths and exp, inventory and equip systems.
King of Dragons and Knights of the Round had an exp system. This is hardly new.
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
LEVEL UP!
>>
>>4211048
The first one is ok but the second game is legit great, kind of an improved Shadow over mystara
>>
It's all about crowd control honestly. That's why most SNES belt scrollers™ are so meh, fighting 3 enemies at the same time gets old very quickly and the game need constant twists to avoid a literal snorefest. Just go arcade and limit your credits.
>>
>>4211040
Those games don't allow you to grind to win though, which is a big problem
>>
>>4211083
That's how RPGs should be. In tabletop D&D the Dungeon Master isn't going to just sit there and watch you kill hordes and hordes of monsters for experience or a rare drop.
>>
I liked to use the 9 continue code in Golden axe and go to stage 2 and walk off the edge unril every continue got used up. Amazon was just really in the mood for a swim.
>>
>>4211118
I like to drown Lara in Tomb Raider.
>>
File: sid-meier-s-civilization-ii_1.gif (223KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
sid-meier-s-civilization-ii_1.gif
223KB, 800x598px
>>4207403
>scroll map
>click on enemy units
>scroll map more

... You can literally make any genre sound stupid when described this way. All games include repetition, it's called a 'gameplay loop'.
>>
File: poison.jpg (58KB, 443x700px) Image search: [Google]
poison.jpg
58KB, 443x700px
>>4207403
You're probably wondering why the seem "impossible without credit feeding" or why "you are just mashing".

Beat'em ups are about planning, positioning and reacting.

By playing something like Final Fight multiple times, you learn enemy spawns and boss patterns, you learn what you can get away with against what enemies, you learn how to manage crowds (brawlers without enemies knocking into each other are bullshit), you learn item positions and by the extend of that; when you can spare health on supers.

Perfecting all these things are what it takes to 1CC a good beat-em-up, like the ones Capcom do. Turtles, Simpsons and X-men are fucking Konami meme games by comparison.
>>
>>4207615
>>4208074
>exploration
>fart around til you find a key
Doom is fucking garbage.
>>
>>4209515
Shut your mouth, scrub. Tekken Force is GOAT.
>>
>insert dick in pussy
>thrust forward and back
>thrust more
>repeat

Why do people like sex again?
>>
Anyone played the arcade version of Ninja Gaiden? It seems really difficult to punch enemies because someome would just come from above or just manage to punc hou faster or you're out of his range but you're in his. It seems like you have to be perfectly near him especially since punch and kick are on the same button and in a random order
>>
>>4212193
Only 2 enemies on screen.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>>4212507
All I remember was really enjoying doing the jumping backflip throw and the game over screen being gory as fuck.
>>
oh, look, i fixed this thread

https://youtu.be/S-0eUDts3S8
>>
>>4207403
Beat em' ups are one of the most misunderstood genres. They are more like shmups than they are like Street Fighter.

When you play you are trying to memorize a pattern of enemies coming out and then attempting to control them. In Final Fight this is accomplished through careful control of how far you scroll the screen, utilizing throws to keep mobs on one side of you, making judicious use of your special attack, knowing when and where to use weapons (and when not to use them), and knowing when to grab health pick-ups (usually not as soon as you see them).

It's all one big puzzle with the goal of making it further and further each time until you can string along enough of it to beat the game on one credit. Keep in mind there are usually different versions of the games and some are more fair than others. Play the original Japanese version by default if you can, and either set the game to easiest settings so you can have a learning curve (unless you have to be 24/7 hardc0r3 and always play default or highest difficulty, something people didn't give a shit about when these games came out on consoles) and then move on up to the default difficulty or start there to begin with. See if you can beat the game on three credits at first.
>>
>>4209324
>complaining about the platforming sections
I think switching up the gameplay like this keeps the game fresh. I actually sort of agree with op. If the game is only mash a few buttons and proceed to the right, it gets stale pretty quick.
>>
>>4208156
>The Ninja Warriors AGAIN

What did they mean by this?
>>
some people like going right and jumping
go figure
>>
>>4212950
Obviously it's a sequel you fucking idiot
>>
>>4208159
he can
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSxsmiYulNQ
>>
>>4208146
>>4208139
Any other entry-level beat 'em ups?
>>
>>4213823
There's no special entry point. Anything that looks interesting would be good. If you like a medieval fantasy setting, the DnD ones are good.
>>
>>4213823
Metamorphic Force, simple with a generous suicide attack (doesn't even remove health if it doesn't connect with anything, so it's amazing vs i-frames on bosses) and easy to manage crowd control
Golden Axe 1, probably the easiest arcade one ever, not a pretty one though
>>
>>4208159
>Correct me if I'm wrong but Haggar can't beat the car bonus no matter what you do.

You're a fucking retarded idiot who has never even gone past the second stage of this game. Never share your worthless opinions of this game ever again, retard.
>>
>>4208070
>>4208103
Ive been playing Battle Circuit and King of Dragons for 1ccs

it is a pretty hard time, I'm really bad at using movement up and down
>>
>>4207403
>Final Fight
Yeah it blows. Play Bare Knuckle 3, it's superb.
>>4208093
37 y/o here. Final Fight is trash.
>>
>>4214016
>the hard game sucks!
>play this baby easy game instead it rocks!

What a surprise.
>>
>>4208584
>>4208602
Can anyone shed some light on the mini robots in wof?
>>
File: giphy.gif (496KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
496KB, 500x375px
>>4213763
someone give this man a cigar, QUICK
>>
>>4214070

Final Fight is easy.
>>
>>4214529
Hell no. FF is a dick even for seasoned Arcade masochists.
>>
>>4213859
>doesn't even remove health if it doesn't connect with anything
Ain't that standard beat'em up behavior. Final Fight does it too.
>>
>>4213859
Also Metamorphic Force is easier if you play the Japanese version. American version drains your health every passing second.
>>
>>4214517
Japanese version has a third ending selection with robots.
>>
>>4214004
Battle Circuit is hard as hell, to be fair. Not very generous with its systems at all.
>>
Omedetou!
1 coin clear desu!

>>4214561

https://youtu.be/06Xc4gUz4QU?t=3533 [Remove]
>>
>>4207932
AVP, Dungeons & Dragons.

Expand out of the genre more than the street brawlers and licensed Konami cash ins
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (70KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
70KB, 480x360px
>>4215052
Nice, thank you for posting.
>>
>>4215087
Mystara has shit balance compared to the early Capcom beat em ups, AvP is alright but not necessarily better
>>
>>4214921
>Battle Circuit is hard as hell
With Yellow it's stupidly easy, pretty much all bosses have infinites and the game gives you tons of lives, it's not hard with the rest of the cast eiher
>>
>>4215129
>Mystara has shit balance compared to the early Capcom beat em ups,
That's what makes it fun, though. If you think the game is too easy just don't use the Wizard dash stab and lightning critical hit glitch.
>>
>>4215153
The game has just too many broken shit, it's still fun but not very polished, Knights of Valour 2 is kind of an improved Mystara
>>
I like Growl and Dungeon Magic, they're fun. Taito's punch'em-downs are pretty underrated.
>>
>>4215286
we call them, belt punch and run down scrollers here, please
>>
>>4215304
Not Run 'n' Uppercuters?
>>
>>4215087
>D&D

Surely you're only referring to the first one. The first one had some brutal normal enemies. For instance, the ship fight against the Troglodytes is harder than most other Capcom beat'em up boss fights.

The second D&D game has some of the dumbest and easiest normal mobs EVER in a beat'em up.

AvP has some dumb ass enemies too but tougher than Shadow over Mystara.
>>
I know it's not super /vr/ but how's the Steam port of the D&D beat'em ups?
>>
>>4215516
It's emulated with achievements and online coop. I think it's very cool. Do not use the filter options, though, they ruin the art style.
>>
>>4215516
The PS3 port is better, done by the same team from the originals
>>
Hey beltscroller fags, how do I use special attacks in Spikeout? How do I pick up weapons from the ground?
>>
>>4215524
How is it better, it's the same game.
>>
>>4215537
The steam port has some weird music bugs, the PS3 JP port is more accurate overall, also it adds cool features like being able to use the same character in Tower of Doom on multiplayer, achievements are more like actual achievements (1cc)
>>
They are too simple, you're right. The core gameplay of fighting is pretty fun in final fight for a while, but it just gets old too quickly.

There should be a deeper resource management system, I think that would really help. As is, health only goes down when you get hit or use a special move, and goes up when you get a power up. This is just too basic to be enjoyable, because there's not enough options for choices.

For example, there could be riskier routes with more rewards you could take when you are really low in health. And safer routes to take when you're well off. This would also add to replay value.

Also useful would be maybe some kind of crafting system, and character classes, so instead of just picking up whatever weapon you find, you could customize your loadout, do different tech trees, etc. Giving more choices, and also having more replay value.

Also some randomization would be helpful as well. Maybe not full on rogue like, but some elements of randomization would really increase replay value and cut down on the boring linear repitivity. Also that would help keep the game interesting after you've played it a lot. Instead of having the whole game memorized and easily beating it every time, there could always be a challenge in how you manage risk, and also manage luck.
>>
>>4215572
Friendly reminder that if you at least haven't 1cc'd Final fight your opinion about it is worthless.
>>
>>4215572
Bait aside, I'm surprised some indie hasn't had the "brilliant" idea of making a roguelite belt scroller. Although it probably exists already and I just haven't heard of it.
>>
>>4215583
I'm not baiting, I'm serious.

>>4215578
I 3cc'ed Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, and beat many more beatemups with infinite credits. Just don't feel like putting the work in to train up when the replay value just isn't there.
>>
>>4215591
>and beat many more beatemups with infinite credits
top kek

>the replay value just isn't there.
Well playing the games as they were meant to be played would be a start, dumbass.
>>
>>4215595
Wut. The purpose of any arcade game is to squish as many coins from you as humanly possible

Having people credit feed was the whole business model. Its not fun but thats how developers wanted you to play. 1CC was for those whales that knew every nook and cranny after spending fortunes
>>
File: 1302136574562.jpg (19KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1302136574562.jpg
19KB, 250x250px
>>4215572
>some kind of crafting system
>>
>>4215619
>Having people credit feed was the whole business model
Yeah, for the retards who never frequented an arcade, aka you. For actual arcade players developers encouraged 1 credit play, see https://tcrf.net/Final_Fight_(Arcade)#Ending

>1CC was for those whales that knew every nook and cranny after spending fortunes
The difference isn't even that much, a creditfeeder would waste like 20 credits to "beat" Final Fight only once without learning anything about it, a seasoned played would train for like 60 credits and after that could beat the game in one or two credits any time he wanted.
>>
>>4215627
At the arcade closest to us growing up the owner had a credit minimum, so if you beat the game in 1 credit or something, you'd still have to pay up, and if you didn't then you were banned.
>>
>>4215630
>murrikans arcades
lul
>>
>>4215572
>but it just gets old too quickly.

Confirmed coin-feeding maggot who never got past stage 2 with 1 coin
>>
>>4215591
>infinite credits

Gee. Might as well play RPGs, Platformers, action games with God Mode turned on because that's what you essentially did.

>cadillacs 3coin
Gee. I bet you did like an infinite dash kicks with Mustapha. Now do it with 1 coin
>>
>>4215962
To be fair even if he 1 coins he'll still be doing infinite dash kicks with Mustapha
>>
After playing God Hand I can't go back to primitive arcade 2D beat 'em ups.
>>
>>4216291
enjoy your 0 character variety, cuck
>>
if i wanna get good at beat em up whats a good game to start with
>>
>>4216370
Streets of Rage
>>
>>4215619
WRONG! Most arcade games reset the score upon credit end or add a 1 to the last digit, this is because the games were designed difficult to appease the credit selling model but also reward the player who did the best. Replay value only exists to those with an i.q high enough to find joy in learning a game properly and building strategies to accommodate, it also opens all the depth of a game up to new heights thus you literally get out what you put in. I'm sorry that you're a low i.q untermensch donut shitter.
>>
>>4216370
Guardians Denjin Makai II is the best to start. Hold A and push the stick back, forward and down, up for special moves, Skullbyle and Girulian are the best characters.
>>
>>4207403
>>4207427

i love scroll a long beat em ups
>>
>>4207932
I can't believe that everyone's responding seriously to this and nobody got the joke.
>>
I just 9999cc cleared The Ninja Warriors on the SNES.

Cool game. The last boss had me stuck for ages.
>>
>>4208132
>that basement
Was this game made to holocaust epileptics?
>>
>>4216727

grats

normal or hard?

which character?

that game is my jam.
>>
>>4207403
>go on /vr/
>mash keyboard for shitpost
>hit submit for (You)s
>repeat

Why do people like this board again?
>>
Wow, it's almost like a sidescrolling FPS.
>>
>>4214549
there's basically no reason to play the US version of any Konami arcade game if you can avoid it
>>
>>4217767
US versions tend to be harder. Git gud, nigger.
>>
>>4207960
The problem is that none of that solves anything that the detractors of the genre complain about. In the end it is still a Walk and Punchy. It would have to take more pages out of other genres. Such things like in Streets of Rage when you had the conveyor belts messing with your footing along with the pistons that would smash to the floor and you had to avoid. These are aspects that are outside of the standard go right and wail on a bunch of dudes.
>>
>>4217937
shut the fuck up. you still haven't played final fight past the second stage.
>>
>>4207403
>inhale
>exhale
why does op do this?
>>
>>4217940
Anyone can download the rom and try out, due, you severely overrate this game.
>>
>>4217937
No, the problem is that most retards (aka you) still don't get that the whole appeal of the genre is combat against a bunch of dudes.
>>
>>4217972
Ain't that the appeal of every action videogame.
>>
>>4207403
Jrpgs are basically the same, just add numbers and a cheesy story. Somehow both genres end up being enjoyable, however.
>>
The clever thing about Final Fight is that enemies have very distinct patterns and behaviors. Punks punch, jacket guys defend, knife guys jump, poison evades, andore grabs and rushes, fat guys rushes, they're all very unique. In a bad beat'em up enemies simply walk up to you and punch.
>>
>>4216746
Normal with Kunoichi. It was my first play through. I feel like I want to play some more Natsume games after this. Maybe I'll play pocky and rocky or Shatterhand. I'll probably play through The Ninja Warriors with all the charactrers though, I really like that each character plays so differently.

What does hard mode add?
>>
>>4217968
my point is you didn't even play the game, retard
>>
>>4218034
I emulated it once, I thought it played like shit and uninstalled.
>>
>>4218040
>I emulated it once, I thought it played like shit and uninstalled.

Then stop acting like you know what the game is about you fucking idiot.
>>
Honestly, as influential and important as Final Fight was when it first came out, every single Beat'em Up that followed up since has been better in every way.
>>
Reminder that the dense as fuck OP is the SOR3 spamming faggot with his new schtick. Ignore the faggot.

Reminder that SOR3 was so fucking shitty it that killed off the franchise.
>>
>>4218049
I know what it's about and I think it sucks. Play an actual fighting game vs another human player that requires strategy, you scrub.
>>
>>4218049
Beat'em ups are dumbed down fighters for friendless losers who can't cope with the humiliation of defeat at the hands of a more skilled player.
>>
Reminder to not reply to the psychopathic retard who gets pleasure from baiting (you)s to make up for his absolute pitiful existence.
>>
>>4218070
I'm just saying how it is, man. Sorry for hurting your feelings.
>>
>>4218062
>>4218065
Why it's always the fighting games cucks that diss beat 'em ups? they are nothing alike you dumb fucks, it's like comparing to an action platformer
>>
>>4218152
Final Fight and Street Fighter 2 came out at around the same time, Street Fighter went on to become a major hit while Final Fight was left forgotten and underappreciated.
>>
>>4218180
>Final Fight was left forgotten
Wrong faggot, it's still one of the most iconic games from the time and revitilized the genre in the 90s, again you are retarded if you think Vs. fighters are remotely related to beat 'em ups, may as well compare fighters to platformers or rhythm games
>>
>>4218197
Only among a small niche of retards. Nobody cares about beat'em ups anymore. Shmups and platformers were also popular in the 90s now they're all dead.
>>
>>4218212
>Only among a small niche of retards
Just like fighting games anyway

>shmups
Still fairly played games.
>platformers
same, look all those speedmemers you dumbass
>>
>>4218217
>>shmups
>fairly played
Sure, whatever you say, kid.
>>
>>4218220
>a couple strong releases every year
>new wrs coming out every month
It's not really different to fighting games you autist.
>>
Remember, real responsible adults with well adjusted families credit feed, only try hards go for 1cc.
>>
>>4218225
>>a couple strong releases every year
What fucking dimension do you live in? The only shmup games still getting made are Otaku catering Touhou trash.
>>
>>4218228
>muh responsible adulthood won't allow 1cc degeneracy
>proceeds to play some shitty rpg for 200 hours
every time
>>
>>4218231
then playing efficiently some of the old ones would be a start you lazy cunt
>>
>>4218235
At least RPGs are intellectual games for superior high IQ minds. All you do in a brawler is mash buttons at slightly coordinated patterns. Shit gender.
>>
>>4218238
All the new ones are bullet hell bukkake vomit with 1 pixel wide hitboxes anyway. Fuck them.
>>
>>4218240
>0 gameplay nor challenge because the player is too shit for it
>lazy stories for people literally too dumb to read a book
yeah right, it's like the worst part of both worlds
>>
There's zero strategy to belt scrollers. You just memorize enemy spawns and mash your desperation move if you get ambushed. Repeat ad nauseum.
Anyone can beat them if you try, I've got a No Miss 1cc my first playthrough.
>>
>>4218231
Anime shit is the only thing left for fighters too, tbqh
>>
>>4218245
Can't hear you over the sound of my superior IQ
>>
>>4216370
Rushing Beat Ran
>>
Why is Streets of Rage 3 so shit? The punches are more like slaps.

A kangaroo?

This game is stupid.
>>
>>4208237
Is pretty good
>>
>>4217783
they're harder in entirely garbage ways where some hack just changed shit entirely at random, occasionally turning a reasonable, still quite hard challenge into a very literal quarter muncher pile of shit
like, I'm still mad about Xexex's World version removing like half the weapons (for what purpose) and making it life-bar based (you can easily just lose your entire lifebar for bullshit reasons, ending the credit)
>>
File: 1485128821304.png (753KB, 619x717px) Image search: [Google]
1485128821304.png
753KB, 619x717px
>>4211905
(you)
>>
>>4220132
First time playing: Walk around aimlessly looking for something.

Subsequent times playing: Know where something already is, defeating the entire purpose of exploration. Therefore, it becomes a walking simulator.
>>
>>4220146
>playing Doom SP instead of deathmatch

Fuckin pleb.
>>
>>4220253
>similar skill levels between players
>one guy gets a better weapon
>wins

Luck, the Game.
>>
>>4213823
king of dragons is really easy with elf
punisher is easy becouse you have grenades and good mobility
still, they are arcade games, so the difficulty is high, if you want something easy(at least on default settings) play console exclusives like streets of rage.
>>
>>4215572
> but some elements of randomization would really increase replay value and cut down on the boring linear repitivity
dumbass nigger, these games are already full of rng, especially capcom ones.
>>
>>4219575
Shura is good too
>dat ost
>>
>>4207403

Because it's fun.
>>
File: owch.png (635KB, 702x661px) Image search: [Google]
owch.png
635KB, 702x661px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXoaIHtGgmQ

play a good one
>>
>>4224564
Might not be retro, but fuck I feel like a real dumbass for passing this up on sale so many times, definitely gonna grab it next chance I get.
>>
>>4224564
ain't that the fangame that the tranny composer suddenly went mad and started suing the dev team
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/07/dmca-takedown-takes-river-city-random-underground-off-steam/
>>
>>4224576
This is why you don't employ the mental diseased.
>>
>>4219659
Nigga u gay
>>
>>4207403
They're fun casual games to play with your bros
>>
>>4207403
People play them for the gripping performances displayed during the cut scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7hJ5HJVOH0
>>
>>4207403
I visited Japan for the first time last year.

I remember walking into one of those huge multi-storied arcades and seeing some middle-aged salary man sitting casually playing this with a cigarette in his mouth.

He was on the last stage and completely obliterating, not even getting hit.

I stood there and watched him beat the game and was just thinking how crazy Japan really is. To see that and thats like normal.
>>
>>4209425
He also forgot the other D&D, Violent Storm, Ninja Baseball Batman, and the good Sengoku. But managed to put on some a handful of non-essential far shittier titles.
>>
>>4225852
Are you blind or did you not even open the picture?
>>
>>4225368
HEE HEE HEE
MR HAGGAR
>>
>>4225852
There is no good Sengoku. Gaia Crusaders is a better game than Sengoku 3.
>>
File: mars_matrix.jpg (310KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
mars_matrix.jpg
310KB, 670x503px
>dodge left
>dodge right
>>
>>4225893
This. All the Sengoku games are garbage. 3 seems cool at first until you get good at it and realize how shitty the game mechanics and AI are. The most repetitive snoop 'n' whoop ever made.
>>
>>4208128
It always looked like Cody was wearing a turban
>>
>>4225973
cool way to get cornered fag
>>
>>4211901
So it's all about trial and error so you can keep feeding coins until you know everything?

congrats on getting scammed
>>
>>4226757
>not being a fast learner
enjoy being a brainlet
>>
>>4224564
looks like typical 3d cancer, but in 2d. no strategy involved, just combo dummies infinitely.
>>
>>4227058
to be fair that describes some of the more popular retro belt scrollers too, like denjin makai 2 or shadows over mystara
>>
Gaia Crusaders fucking sucks. I played both games to death and sengoku3 smokes it for free.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107KB, 580x852px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107KB, 580x852px
Any zero team 2000 fans?
>>
>>4219659
Its a glorified turd.
>>
>>4226757
Gee you described every single game ever made you retard.
>>
File: tenor.gif (526KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
526KB, 250x140px
>>4227240
>>
>>4208156
>Fighting Force

Game's a piece of shit.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.