[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That last level was some of the worst bullshit I have ever encountered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: MOTS_box.jpg (96KB, 640x817px) Image search: [Google]
MOTS_box.jpg
96KB, 640x817px
That last level was some of the worst bullshit I have ever encountered in a video game.

Jedi Knight General
>>
Mo' liike Mysteries of the SHIT, starring Mara Sue. DF2: Jedi Knight was pretty good though.
>>
>>4205030
Agreed, worst JK by far
>>
It felt like a fan made pack but it was fun. The last level is unique. Instead of a corny boss battle with shitty saber combat you actually act like a jedi and refuse to kill your friend...the one you went to rescue.

The aateroids were tedious. The spacesport was amazing. The jail and rancor was fun.
>>
>>4205030
Saber throw makes last levels easy as fuck, a thing I did not do on first play.

MotS multi is the best, carbonite gun ftw
>>
>>4208768
that fucking sniper scope though
>>
Honestly Mysteries of the Sith was my favorite game back when I was like 6. My dad had a demo disc of it with only 3 levels but I used to just play it over and over to the point where I have the dialog and events memorized.
>>
did you guys know df2 is still played online?
i went into irc and played with a bunch of ppl in 2015 when i heard of a tournament being planned
current site http://jkdf2.net/
installing guide http://jkdf2.com/

too bad i just read those imbeciles are using discord now.

the custom levels of old:
http://www.jkhub.net/
https://www.massassi.net/

check the mod Saber Battle X
it gives newer saber moves, combining wasd+mouse, including puncturing, sideways, and backside swings, makes things interesting instead of just everyone doing a secondary swing and trying to sync the swing to cut the knee in the last 0.1sec of the swing
>>
>>4205030
Ah, another who has had to face the shit is that is Mysteries of the Sith. Lay your grievances on us brother, we all understand.

I am quite amazed just how terrible MOTS really is. Hell, that hidden Cloud City level is just about the only redeeming feature of the game. That, and Mara is pretty damn lovable as a character.

The problem is that it's not only extremely poorly designed but it just has no sense of urgency or intensity. Jedi Knight 2 is so unique in that its very much an Pre-Prequels Star Wars game; force powers and lightsabers are there, but they don't make you some sort of God, they're just useful in certain areas like close-quarters and such. You have to rely a lot more on your conventional weapons, and switch it up between them in order to get through the levels. And because you don't use the lightsaber much, having to use it for the dark jedi boss battles make them all the more intense and fun. It's also paced excellently as well, making sure the fights are spaced out between levels so they don't over do it.

MOTS is the complete opposite. You have no overarching villain, no sense of urgency and no real sense of direction in general. You get to the last couple of levels and then, suddenly, you're swamped with lightsaber duels every two seconds and it gets tedious incredibly quickly. The one decent part of the game (fighting against Kyle himself) is rendered moot by you having to surrender to him. Sure, I can't deny it makes sense, but it would have worked much better as just a cutscene after a duel.

MOTS sort of set the stage for what was to come when it came to Jedi Outcast and Academy. Sure, those games both played brilliantly, but their villains were quite awful and they did the exact same thing of having a deficit of lightsaber duels at first, and then swamping you with them later in the story. It's why Dark Forces II has remained so special, it feels like the last breath of that old Star Wars which was lost with the prequels.
>>
I don't get the hate on MOTS. I liked it quite a lot myself.
>>
>play it on my old potato
>cutscenes look so much better than the ingame levels
>play it on something newer
>cutscenes look awful
>>
>>4209709
Pretty much this. I wouldn´t say it´s terrible but it´s fucking tedious at times.
The last level is just an absolute piss-take from start to finish. Those wolves are completly overpowered.
I didn´t like the duels at all, not even in the main game. Seemed like frustrating bullshit to me most of the time.
>>
>>4209709
>Mara is pretty damn lovable as a character.
Why would you make an otherwise good and accurate post but stick this proof of shit taste in there? We could have been friends!
>>
>>4209709

MOTS is kino fuck off

>no le epic big bad guy fight
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.