[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my weebshit friend keeps telling me to play the classic Mega

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: MahakalaSMT.jpg (664KB, 1872x2500px) Image search: [Google]
MahakalaSMT.jpg
664KB, 1872x2500px
So my weebshit friend keeps telling me to play the classic Mega Ten games but won't tell me where to start because he is a colossal faggot. I'm fine with playing them, but I ain't too good with dungeon crawlers as it is and I've heard that for this specific series it's all real hard on top of that.
Any chart or advice on how I can ease into them?
>>
File: burroughs_by_kinie-d7z7a7f.png (58KB, 900x424px) Image search: [Google]
burroughs_by_kinie-d7z7a7f.png
58KB, 900x424px
>>4204720
Play SMT4 first, then you will be prepared to tackle a less polished and more difficult yet also broken and exploitable version. I recommend SMT2 because it has the best battle theme and it's a good jolly demonic romp with lots of sleep bullets and marin karin spam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjKrUc_EalM

>>>/vg/186694941
>>
>>4204720
Going strictly for /vr/-era SMT, start with the first one, then play SMTII.
There's a SFC remake of the first two Megami Tensei titles that some anons seem to enjoy. I haven't gotten around to it, so I can't vouch for it. SMT if... is never going to be translated, so learn Japanese if you want to play it.
There's also Revelations: The Demon Slayer for GBC that's like a Dragon Warrior/SMT hybrid of sorts. I played that first, truth be told, before I even knew what the Megaten metaseries was.
>>
Retro----------
Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei (first two games bundlied in an updated SNES release)
Shin Megami Tensei I (third game)
Shin Megami Tensei II (fourth game)
Shin Megami Tensei: If... (a sidestory game that gave rise to the Persona games)

non-Retro----------
SMT III: Nocturne
SMT: Strange Journey (sidestory game that's decent but too heavyhanded with its HUMANS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS message)
SMT IV (haven't played it)
SMT IV: Apocalypse (some sidestory sequel kind of shit. supposed to be really good but veers too much into Persona power of friendship territory, apparently)

Devil Kids, Raidou, Devil Summoner, Persona, Digital Devil Saga and the other spinoffs mostly boil down to SMT with a twist (DDS is SMT meets Final Fantasy X and is more character and plot focused, Devil Kids is SMT but for kids and was made to compete with the Pokemon craze, Raidou is SMT as an action RPG period drama, etc.). They're all very good games. For ease of entry, DDS is the the all-around best of the bunch as are Persona 3 and up and then the Raidou games. Not that I don't like P1 and P2, I'm just saying they're much easier to get into.

You sound like a total faggot anyway so you're probably not even going to finish any of these games.
>>
>>4204734
>SMT2 because it has the best battle theme

lol no, the first SMT had bland as fuck music. persona, megami tensei II, majin tensei and soul hackers are where it's at
>>
>>4205491
*first two SMT
>>
>>4204734
This guy has a good point.

Mega Ten seems intimidating, but they're all actually pretty straightforward to just beat. When you get to a new area, spend time to recruit the demons there and you're good to go.
>>
>>4204720
Start with Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei for SNES, which has the first two games in it; a decent English translation patch is available. Play the first one first and the second one second.

The gameplay

Whoever told you it was difficult is on drugs or an autist. They're actually pretty easy.
>>
>>4206493
>The gameplay

and mechanics are pretty similar among all the retro Mega Ten games, so you might as well start with the first. Again, highly recommend the SNES version for its superior graphics and overall quality.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.