[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about framerates? Playing on original hardware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Final-Fantasy-VII-ps1-pal.png (294KB, 637x440px) Image search: [Google]
Final-Fantasy-VII-ps1-pal.png
294KB, 637x440px
How do you feel about framerates?

Playing on original hardware is great but for 3D games especially the framerate is often nauseating. Emulation removes that problem but I wonder if I just stuck with it if my eyes would adjust to it and the nausea would go away.
>>
Just stick with it and you should be fine.
>>
It doesn't bother me unless the game is just abysmally slow. Stuff like Stunt Race FX gets a big nope.
>>
Starfox comes to mind. That is a very frame by frame game. Its fine for me but takes a few minutes for me to get into the rythem
>>
File: moto racer 2.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
moto racer 2.webm
3MB, 320x240px
Moto Racer 2 on Playstation runs at like 15-20 fps or some stupid shit, it's literally unplayable as much as I love it. On PC however it's blistering fast and the controls are super responsive.

Rollcage Stage II on Playstation has nicer touches but it also plays more responsively on PC.

Jet Moto 1 and 2 on Playstation are cool ass games but they're also ~20 fps and control like absolute ass. Jet Moto 2 Championship Edition lowers competitors to 4 to achieve 30 fps and it plays like night and day. And considering this generation loves to tie framerate to game speed, the physics are pretty different and is infinitely a better game at 30 fps.

Framerate is not a meme, boys.
>>
I wish more 5th and 6th gen games were ported to new hardware properly so they could benefit from unlocked framerates. The Dreamcast was the goto platform for this before it died. Sega's Steam presence is what I want to see more of (though DRM free would be preferable). Free these old 3D games from their hardware chains and see how much better they play.
>>
>>4203760
10/10 bait
>>
60 FPS or trash.

It really makes a difference.
>>
the funny thing is that most playstation customers are too dense to realize that framerate directly affects game play, ... wait a second...
>>
>>4205214
You do know most 3D games ran at 30, right? You do know that, I hope. For instance, Quake ran at 30 FPS, and it's still one of the best shooters ever made. True, we can run it at 400+ FPS now but that doesn't change shit for what it was originally. Go back to shit-posting on /v/
>>
>>4203760
>implying framerate isn't a total meme
>>4204614
>actually saying that framerate isn't a meme
>>
What sort of pathetic cunt gets nausea from playing ps1 games.
>>
>>4205574
>framerate doesn't affect the experience
Do you know how stupid you sound?
>>
>>4205590
Who are you quoting?
>>>/v/
>>
I think that not playing games because of inconsistent or sub-30 frame rates is damningly /v/
>>
>>4205574
ACKCHYEWALLY
>>
Play doom on sega saturn for some good frame rate
>>
>>4203760
If lower fps gives you nausea then your options are normally better fps, larger FoV, or a mix of both. If you can't do either then there is a good chance you are shit out of luck.
>>
>>4203760
>Emulation removes that problem
Rarely.
>>
I'm fine with stable framerates.

I don't like it much when a game slows down real bad when too many enemies are on screen or such, and it happens often enough.

I played Castlevania SOTN recently and I wouldn't mind having several enemies on screen if it didn't cause the game to run so slow that you just want to get out of that situation. It's an obstacle by itself.

But I can even play OOT without issues on the original hardware despite having played the 3DS version. It just needs to be stable and of course, playable depending on which game we're talking about here. And if a game ran at 60FPS in the original hardware don't you dare give me half of that.
>>
>>4206981
Oh and being european I don't use PAL releases if I can avoid it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.