[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok here's the deal I really fucking love Metal Slug. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: metalSlug.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
metalSlug.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
Ok here's the deal

I really fucking love Metal Slug. It's the best game ever made, it is fun as fuck, and I wanna play it until the end of times.

What is the absolute best way I can play it on my tv, on a good controller, with some buds and some beer?
Keeping in mind I want to play each and every Metal Slug ever made.

ITT: Metal Slug everything.
>>
File: mslugx.png (2MB, 850x1213px) Image search: [Google]
mslugx.png
2MB, 850x1213px
>>4202483
OP if this thread wasn't made by me I coulda' swore you were me.

That's something I'm still trying to figure out myself. Every single version of metal slug anthology has one problem or another... I think the correct answer is the Japanese PS2 version of Metal slug anthology.
>>
Yeah it's not like you can emulate Neo Geo on a fucking toaster now.
>>
Is there any way to play these games at 60 fps?
>>
>>4202483
Run 1-5 in MAME, and run 6 in DEMUL, as it ran on the Atomiswave hardware. Works great for me!
>>
>>4202487
that's precisely why I made the thread.
>>
>>4202483

a consolized MVS board + flash cart.
>>
>>4202629
This looks interesting. Are those hard to set up? Some guy is selling the board for like 50 bucks near me, but I don't know how to set it up.

Also, flash cart for it? Really?
>>
>>4202506
no?

it's fixed framerate game
>>
>>4202506
Why would you?
>>
on a Wii. Play it hooked up to a crt with svideo or higher, and you have alot of controller options. Wiimote, GC controller, Classic Controller (pro), get an adapter and use your older consoles controllers, etc.
>>
>>4202483
15khz CRT
Groovy Mame
Speakers
Either Saturn controllers or a decent joystick.
>>
>>4202506
Why would you since it runs at 58fps?
>>
>>4202813
Only metal slug 1 runs at 58 or whatever fps. 2,3,4,5 run at 30.
>>
I played the whole series plus XX on PSP. I had more fun with XX than 6, btw.
>>
Whats wrong with the US ps2 anthology?
>>
>>4203679
input lag
>>
>>4203718
Maybe with your TV.
I don't have that problem using my LED TV Samsung + component cables playing @480p
>>
>>4203729
ah wait, I believe that problem only lies with the Platstation store version. The JP version of the ps store version doesn't have it tho.
>>
>>4203740
I forget to mention
> I'm using the PS2 version
>>
>>4203741
The PS2 version, as in not the digital version, should be fine then.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>4202636

Seeing as how you actually replied, I'm going to spoonfeed you.

(Do it yourself guide)

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/cmvs.html

alternatively, contact the guy & have him build you a supergun. That would let you connect any Jamma arcade board to a TV, including an MVS. Here's a video of what his superguns look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANL5klKj7U

Flash cart (expensive, but you get literally every game on one cartridge)

https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php

Avoid: Neo Geo Omega. Word online is the guy charges too much & takes forever to ship.
>>
>>4202487
>I think the correct answer is the Japanese PS2 version of Metal slug anthology.
Does the Japanese version not have input lag?
>>
The PS2 version is bizarrely the exact same game as the American release,even down to the English developer interviews. HOWEVER, there's close to no load times. Why the U.S. version has load times while the Japanese release does not is a mystery. It plays at 480i though, unlike the arcade versions which are 240p. If you want 100% no lag, you're going to have to get real MVS carts or a flash cart & just play on real hardware.
>>
>>4202487
Avoid the european version: lag, 50hz not adjusted, AFAIR even aspect ratio fuckery.
>>
I too love metal slug. I want a Metal Slug 3rd mission game to follow on from the NeoGeoPocket style of MSs
>>
>>4202483
Just a heads up, try alien hominid.
>>
>>4207041

they were planning on making 3rd mission, but SNK went bankrupt in the middle of development.
>>
>>4207307
Alien hominid is pretty fucking good.
>>
>>4206982
Japanese release can be 240p patched
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17808&sid=169652697c3ae02ca8150eac8396cf93
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.