[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn, I had no idea that SNES and Genesis had online gaming.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: xbandBoxFront.jpg (272KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
xbandBoxFront.jpg
272KB, 1400x1050px
Damn, I had no idea that SNES and Genesis had online gaming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBAND
>>
>>4201619
It was mostly sports games.
>>
>>4201653
Maybe, but still quite interesting. The concept of the internet and online play wasn't even something I was really aware of back when I had a SNES.
>>
>>4201712
do you know about satellaview? is not a online play but it's pretty cool.
>>
>>4201721
Yeah I was aware of the Satellaview, mostly through the exclusive games of which ROMs are available, like Ancient Stone Tablets.
>>
>>4201619
Goddamn this was a thing?
>>
Cousin used to have this and somehow the connections between him and the other people he played Doom with were flawless, despite him living in the middle of the woods and 90s online play being as finicky as it was.
>>
File: playcable.jpg (16KB, 200x163px) Image search: [Google]
playcable.jpg
16KB, 200x163px
You guys are like little baby, watch this
>>
>>4201767
hefty amounts of lag, but you got used to it
>>
I had Sega TV growing up. Shit was great.
>>
>>4201619
that's not the best part

the best part is the XBAND actually just hacked the game's memory on the fly, it's kinda like a game genie with a modem attached
>>
>>4201619
Think that's strange? Snes also had online banking.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.