[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Rockman Complete Works proper ports, rebuilds or emulation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
Was Rockman Complete Works proper ports, rebuilds or emulation? I'm asking sine they're basically perfect with zero sprite flicker, slowdown, and various visual glitches removed. They are the best versions of the "Mega Man" (Rockman) Famicom games.

Emulation = Famicom games running in an emulator
Ports = Original source code updated to run on Playstation
Rebuild = Game assets removed from Famicom game, and built in a new engine.
>>
File: completeworks-rockman4lv99.png (5KB, 248x224px) Image search: [Google]
completeworks-rockman4lv99.png
5KB, 248x224px
Definitely a port. Otherwise they couldn't have added the CD music and the PSX-level graphics. However...

Complete Works is a shit version. The sound/music are awful.

If you play in original mode, the music sounds like it's been recorded through a webcam mic posted in front of desktop speakers, and I'm probably not far from the truth considering they had to turn 8bit music to CD music.

If you play with the CD music instead, well, not all of them are good, and then you're forced to play with the horrible changed unfitting HUD, and Eddie "helper" telling you where to go everywhere scroll when it's not needed

And then in any case there are a FUCKTON of sound glitches, like sounds not cancelling when they should. For instance if you charge a shot, but stop charging, the charging shot sound will continue anyway... some other sounds have huge delays...
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.