[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you don't own a voltmeter, a soldering iron, and a box

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: gb-collection.jpg (891KB, 1631x1866px) Image search: [Google]
gb-collection.jpg
891KB, 1631x1866px
If you don't own a voltmeter, a soldering iron, and a box of at least 20 tabbed coin cells, why would you even bother with collecting retro games, honestly.
>>
>>4201280
I just tape battery to the old connection after prying off the old battery.
>>
>>4201280
kek
i fixed my gameboy game's battery with a hot knife and just sticking it in there
used a larger battery that just barely fits in snug
>>
File: collection.jpg (3MB, 1800x4932px) Image search: [Google]
collection.jpg
3MB, 1800x4932px
Only one of those has a dead battery.
Wanna guess which one?
>>
>>4201331
Why is that Tamagotchi-Cartridge so... long?
>>
Son, all you need is a razor blade and a roll of electrical tape and you can replace batteries just fine.
>>
>>4201336
Because it has a real time clock and speaker in it.

It carries on independently of the gameboy, just with no screen.
>>
>>4201391
He did say tabbed batteries.
>>
>>4201415
That's kinda odd. Basically just so you can't mute the damn thing like with a real Tamagotchi?
>>
>>4201280
>If you don't own a voltmeter, a soldering iron, and a box of at least 20 tabbed coin cells, why would you even bother with collecting retro games, honestly.
Because you only have to replace the batteries once every 20 years.
>>
>>4201280
>pic
You realise that most of the games on your picture don't even use a save battery, don't you?
>>
>>4201452
Yes you can, but just in case you want the damn thing to annoy you all the time, it's there for you.
>>
>>4201650
majority yes, most of, no
>>
>>4201280
>playing gameboy classic in current year
>all the games have cool link cable multiplayer
>almost no chance of finding someone with a gameboy classic and the same game as you
>>
>>4201760
>not buying extra copy of the game and carrying a spare gb in your trunk
>>
Is there any drawbacks to just using electrical tape instead of soldering?
>>
>>4201331
I love that Kirby artwork. Such a tiny face
>>
>>4201793
>carrying a spare gb in your trunk
I'm not a fricking elephant, wtf
>>
>>4201812
I hope you never resell and that your will explicitly requests that you have your cartridges destroyed in thermite because the next owner will open it up, see the tape and think "wow, what a fucking lazy douche"
>>
>>4201280
I don't play pussy games with saves. I only play games with 3 lives and no continue.
>>
>>4201974
how many people actually open the games up tho
if it saves theres no reason to
>>
>>4202021
Enjoy your tape peeling off and losing your save
>>
>>4202015
>3 lives
What a scrub. 1 life, 1-hit kills, or it's not worth playing.
>>
>>4202031
>>4202015
I don't play pussy games with saves
>>
>>4201331
How did you afford this? They're imports so you probably didn't get them at a thrift store or flea market.
>>
>>4202047
they're imports he probably barely paid shit for them
$1 a game for most of them
>>
>>4202047
Japanese games always seem to be cheaper on ebay.

Kirbys Dreamland 2 for example, I recently found english copies going for around £30, while japanese copies were as low as £5
>>
>>4202037
Just start the game dead you fucking pleb
>>
>>4201391
>be me
>like 12
>hear about the batteries in pokemon games going out
>borrow dads soldering iron
>try and get rid of the battery but keep the tabs because only have batteries
>battery blows up in my face
>>
>>4202179
And that's why you use a razor blade.
>>
>>4201280
Because I can play these games on an emulator, instead of risking damage on any of the games I own.
>>
>>4202179
Same thing happened to me except I was 23. I just used electrical tape, and this was for SNES games btw
>>
>>4201280
Collected hundreds of cartridge games over the years and haven't seen one with a dead battery yet.
>>
Most games don't have batteries, but everyone should have a soldering iron anyway. Also, it's solder, not "sodder".
>>
>>4201331
Are all of these games actually good? I don't see why you would bother collecting a game if you don't like it.
>>
>>4201465
how long til it's been 20 years since the last GBA game?
>>
>>4201760
just ask your friends-
I'll stop myself there. I forgot where I am
>>
>>4202523
Most, if not all, GBA games use flash memory instead of batteries.
>>
>>4202303
>sodder

Glad I'm not the only one who gets wound up by that pronunciation...
>>
I don't even play the games I collect so what do I care if the battery is dead and corroding inside? They're like those collectible spoons to me, you wouldn't eat with one of those.
>>
>>4202047
This >>4202059
and this >>4202069
I'm not saying they were all cheap and I that spent 100 bucks on it all. Except for about 10 of them, they were all pretty cheap from ebay.
I got most of them from five or six sellers there, looked mostly like housewives getting rid of old stuff, but I can't say for sure. Shipping stuff from Japan is incredibly cheap. That helped.

>>4202339
No, not all of them are good. A couple of carts ended up being part of a lot. They do that stuff a lot on ebay. Place one good game and two shitty ones and sell it as a lot. But even the crappy ones I'll end up playing to the end someday.
>>
>>4202525
i'd have to buy them their own gameboy and two copies of the game, and they might play it once to humor me
>>
>>4203008
i know you're making a funny but collectors probably don't play all their games
New games + the internet are too much more fun
>>
>>4203243
It depends on the type of collector.

I collect only games that I used to own and want to play again, or games that I wanted to play but never had.

Some people just collect all games though.
>>
>>4201280
Because in a few years you'll be old enough to purchase and play with sharp hot tools? In the mean time you can get other people to replace them for you.
>>
>>4203243
>i know you're making a funny
I'm not, though. I played the shit out of these games back in the day and now they're just trophies I display like some people hang ornamental plates.
>>
>>4201280
Meh, you don't really need to do all that
Most GB games are basically arcade experiences (SML, SML2, Tetris, etc.), you can just beat them in one sitting and not have to worry about saves.
Pokémon is one of the few exceptions, Metroid II comes to mind too
>>
>>4201331
this image made my nuts tingle
>>
>>4202047
Did you know that some people actually have jobs?
>>
>>4206706
Do you even know where you are?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.