[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a boxed copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day at a store

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Conker's_Bad_Fur_Day_Cover.jpg (85KB, 640x439px) Image search: [Google]
Conker's_Bad_Fur_Day_Cover.jpg
85KB, 640x439px
There's a boxed copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day at a store in my town for $60. I know that's already impressive, but is the game worth paying that much?
Also buying/selling suggestions thread i guess.
>>
Is it sealed in box?
>>
>>4200931
No, it has been opened from what I saw.
>>
Yes. It's usually more than that cart only and it's an incredible game.
>>
You could probably buy it and sell the box/manual for $60 or more, and just have the game for free.

Conker will probably be most enjoyable if you can get into its brand of humor. It kind of reminds me of early South Park with more of a British bent. As a game, it plays similarly to other 5th gen 3D platformers but with more of an open-world structure. The game is divided into chapters rather than levels, and all of the action essentially takes place in the single overworld. The game makes heavy use of context-sensitive abilities and scripted events to keep every new area feeling unique, and you never feel like you're doing the same thing for too long. As you progress you start being introduced to third person shooter elements which dominate the later half of the game. It really has an epic feel and is one of the most impressive N64 games both visually and content-wise.

The multiplayer is also really fleshed out with some solid game modes where you and your friends can play competitively or cooperatively against bots (similar to Perfect Dark).
>>
>>4200923
>but is the game worth paying that much?
If it is in the box with all the paperwork, certainly. It is a great game, and its value will go up over the next decade.
>>
>>4200923
Well, it was mind-blowing to me when i was 7, cause i never saw crude humor in a video game before then. Played it recently as an adult and while the humor is still way better than most games, quite a bit of it falls flat. as for the actual gameplay, it tries to do a bunch of different shit but doesn't particularly excel in any of the stuff it tries to do. I guess it's worth a go, definitely not complete shit
>>
>>4200923
>is the game worth paying that much?

If people online are paying two, three times more for it, then it is obviously worth $60.
>>
Multiplayer is the shit even without friends so go for it OP
>>
File: 1428088152582.png (325KB, 577x558px) Image search: [Google]
1428088152582.png
325KB, 577x558px
Well I just got back from returning from the store, turns out they're not selling it yet since the owner just googled the game and saw the amazon page for it listed $300, even though that's for a sealed copy of it.
I looked inside of it and all it has is the cartridge inside, no manuals or inserts.
not retro but got Timesplitters 2 for $8 tho, so there's that.
>>
>>4200923
Conker is one of the few games that's actually kind of justified in its prices, since it's somewhat rare, especially the PAL version. Mine cost me 65 GBP via egay.
>>
>>4201504
Damn, that's a shame.

Got mine for 70 buckarinos, cart only, regret nothing.
>>
>>4201504
nigger you fucking slept on it like a bitch
should've bought for 60$ when u had the chance
>>
>>4201504
Timesplitters is pretty nice regardless if you have friends to play with
>>
File: 1502036342310.jpg (31KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
1502036342310.jpg
31KB, 402x604px
>>4200923
My GF and I split it between us so $35 each.
>>
>>4202043
The thing is that recently the owner got a storage unit full of nerdy crap so now they search up every game they get. The price tag on it wasn't theirs apparently so this was probably bound to happen regardless of when I tried to get it.
I'm tempted just to get a flashcart for my N64 instead since they'd probably be in the same price range. I love Rareware and owning individual games and not emulating/flash carting but if the price isn't good I'm gonna resort to that.
When they were doing quick google searches they saw a copy of it had sold for $35 so maybe I'll get lucky.
>>
buy it to flip it and then just emulate it
>>
Anyone remember when Sam's Club used to have game bundles? Not sure how often they did it, but I got this game there and it was bundled with the strategy guide, also got Rampage Universal Tour (PlayStation) with a shirt on a different visit.
>>
>>4200923
I got this for $20 at my local Gamestop while I was picking up my launch Gamecube.

Man, Gamestop used to be cool. I'd pay $60 for it now and frame it bro.
>>
>>4203650
Damn that's a steal right there.

Unless you got the Live & Reloaded version.
>>
>>4203367
>just emulate it bro
>more money for weed bro
>>
Not /vr/, but there's a PS2 slim in my area with all the hookups and 1 controller for 39.99 plus tax. Is that worth a buy, or should I just look for a PS2 fat model instead?
>>
>>4204091
That seems average-ish but I think you can do better.

Get a fat if you're looking to mod it, otherwise a slim is fine.
>>
>>4204091
look for one like that but where they're throwing games in too
or just get that one
>>
>$60

No it's not worth it you fucking retard. The game is over 15 years old.
>>
File: Kazuya Mishima.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Kazuya Mishima.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>4204104
As for games, I know a place that's selling some games I'm interested, but I don't know the price. I know it's still not /vr/, but how are the original Devil May Cry and Tekken Tag Tournament?
>>
>>4204109
they are pretty good anon.
>>
>>4200923
$60 is cheap for a nice conker's.
gameshit sells for >$80, and ebay is not much better. last I checked $95 was the average ask.
>>
>>4200923
>is the game worth paying that much?
Fuck, no. I will forever wonder how it is that Rare got memed into being a highly-regarded developer. Their shit is mediocre-to-garbage.
>>
>>4201504
>see this game for 60bucks in a box
>dont buy it
>instead go to chinese wanking simulator board and ask people because you are beta faggot that cant decide for yourself
>lose a chance to get it for 60$
You are a fucking moron.
>>
File: 1423877314575.jpg (334KB, 609x700px) Image search: [Google]
1423877314575.jpg
334KB, 609x700px
>>4206606
>>4202967
Even if I tried buying it right then and there this would've happened. I tried getting Eternal Darkness for GCN there and they had google'd the price as well, same with timesplitters 2. The owner buys storage units a lot, but hasn't ever got one so filled with video games to start price checking them.
And yeah I'm an idiot for leaving and coming back but oh well, they were gonna find out the price it goes for regardless of what I did.
>>
>tfw as a kid I used to throw the cardboard boxes out and put the manuals in a folder which is long lost
I want to go back and punch my 10 year old self in the spleen
>>
>>4200923

There's one in London here for 155 bongs. Bullshit, man
>>
>>4200923
>$60
I mean it cost more than that when it was brand new

>>4201504
I hope you get a hug from somebody
>>
>>4207026
>and they had google'd the price as well,
Damn that's quite jewish
>>
>>4207184
Well at the very least their prices are usually lower than the average prices on ebay, amazon, and the sort. I'm just worried that the Conker will be super overpriced since it has the box with it.
>>
>>4207026
that's fucked up, I work at a retro game shop and you pay whats priced, if we fucked up and haven't checked the prices in months and you catch it, good on you and we will change the price after you pay whats marked, as far as I know every other store in the area follows that practice.
>>
>>4206591
>I will forever wonder how it is that Rare got memed into being a highly-regarded developer.
Cause they make games a lot of people liked, that's it. You're entitled to your opinion however. I mean, I don't care for Squaresoft or their approach to making games at all, but at the end that's just me.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.