[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were there so many different revisions of the Genesis with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Genesis.jpg (127KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Genesis.jpg
127KB, 800x450px
Why were there so many different revisions of the Genesis with varying audio/video quality? Were the good ones priced any different than the bad ones? I just booted up a Genesis my brother gifted me and it looks like shit; switching from RF to composite barely made a difference. Are there any cheap mods to improve video output on a bad model 2 (VA1.X) or am I better off getting an HD graphics model 1?
>>
>>4199390
Get a 32X, it cleans up the video quality quite a bit.
>>
And the SegaCD cleans up the sound.

Also, I got a set of HDRetrovision cables for my Model 1. They are fucking incredible. Absolutely kick-fucking-ass. No, they ain't cheap, not by a long shot, but I think they're really worth it.
>>
>>4199415
>>4199397
Is it really worth buying all that when I could just get a better Genesis and sell the one I have? I'm really not that interested in the CD and 32X libraries
>>
>>4199521
If video quality is your concern, the encoder used on the model 1 Genesis is not great and rather prone to rainbow artifacts. Its sound hardware is definitely nicer than the model 2's, however. 32X has the cleanest video output overall, but I didn't realize they had been memed into stupid prices lately (I got mine during the fire sale back in the 90s). Sega CD in any form is probably not worth it if you're not interested in its library.
>>
>>4199585
I remember when the 32x's were like $19 or something like that brand new.
>>
>>4199601
Yup, and that was with Doom and Cosmic Carnage packed in. I got that bundle and six other games for dirt cheap.
>>
>>4199390
I think changes in audio and graphics chips were the differences but I could be wrong.
I got a hd model 1, I like it, because of the option for rgb to scart upscaling, but I think it comes down to preference.
>>
>>4199601
>>4199585
how much is it now? i have a 32x i bought back in the 90s and the box is still around here somewhere
>>
How do the Genesis 1 and 2 play games differently?

I own the 3D version of some Sega games on the 3DS and you can switch between US/JP versions and sometimes Genesis 1 or Genesis 2 versions. I personally don't notice a damn difference but there has to be some since they include the option.
>>
>>4199981
They don't "play" differently, they just have somewhat different audio and video. Might not be able to tell that easily with the tiny screen and speaker that the 3DS has.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.