[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man, I just finished this for the first time. What the FUCK was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

Man, I just finished this for the first time. What the FUCK was that final boss fight? Did the developers have a bad acid trip or something? The way Majora laughed like a little kid during the final battle was unsettling as fuck.
>>
This game always scared me as a kid. I could never finish it. I'm kind of glad I didn't see the final boss until I was an adult.
>>
Nah, MM is more abstract and uses a lot of symbolism which goes with its eastern and psychedellia artstyle, Majora is an entity of pure sadism and his three forms reflect the evilness, immaturity, and wrath behind its personality.
>>
>>4198131
>evilness, immaturity, and wrath
So Majora is the different stages of Majin Buu then.
>>
>>4198121
He's just a kid fucking around. An evil kid.

What are your thoughts on the game overall? I'm in the middle of playing it for the first time and I'm having a lot of fun. I have pretty much no problem with the game aside from rupees and hearts as rewards feeling a little shallow and the boss in the water temple being one of the worst bosses in the franchise if only for how fucking boring the fight was after the first two. I hope the fourth boss is better.
>>
>>4198616
It was really good, but it's a really unsettling game. I understand that this was an artistic choice, and unsettling is what they were going for, but I don't have much desire to replay it. It's not scary and exhilarating like a horror game. Its more of an uncomfortable feeling. It was great as an experience, but I don't have much desire to make myself feel uneasy like that again. Nothing about the world of Majora's Mask is friendly or welcoming. That being said, it was a really good game.
>>
Majora boss fights still give me the creeps. The music plays a big part.

>>4198616
wut, water temple boss was cool as hell
>>
>>4198694
All of the music in the game sounds like that. It's all off-key and eerie.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6M6BY3if7c
>>
MM is my favorite LoZ game and actually one of my top 10 favorite games in general. No nostalgia goggles on either, I didn't play it as a child. I played it after beating Twilight Princess. I did it 100% all masks everything which really shows off the detailed world building and epicness of the whole thing. The story is great the gameplay is solid and the soundtrack is one of the best vgm ever.
>>
For someone who's never finished a Zelda, would the 3DS version be suitable? Or was the appeal removed?

This one piqued my interest because it's not about a princess for once.
>>
>>4198683
>Nothing about the world of Majora's Mask is friendly or welcoming.
I get that it's not friendly, but I never got the unnerving feeling people talk about. It's just a very somber, stepford type of game that slowly unfolds as the moon draws nearer. Talking tp people on the final day in Clock Town (which took me quite a while to do) was really depressing. Walking into Anju's room and seeing her wedding dress was probably the most impactful. Though there are quite funny moments that counteract the depressing moments, like when the blacksmith says that they can't work on the fourth day because it's the day of the carnival.

>>4198694
I really liked the first boss with his chanting and jumping all over the place. It felt like a duel with a giant, especially when you have to refight him with newer masks/items. The second boss lacks variety because there's only one way to kill him, but it's still fun and reminds me of those battle race games like Vigilante 8.

The water temple boss though, it isn't difficult, fun or interesting. It's a lengthy wash, rinse and repeat and if you try anything different you risk getting hit really fucking hard. Maybe I need to just git gud but I was disappointed and I'm glad that there isn't much to "unlock" after his defeat in contrast to the first two bosses because I don't ever want to fight him again until I get the Fierce Deity mask.
>>
>>4198769
Honestly, I wouldn't play the 3DS version.
>>
>>4198769
From what I've heard it's arguably more casual. IIRC from my own research, you can save properly at owl statues (they previously functioned as quick saves that would suspend the game upon save and be deleted after loading them). There's also new save statues that serve as only that (you can't teleport to them). A song that advanced time by six hours was altered to advance time by a configurable number of hours and they gimped Zora's Link swim ability. Deku Link got some minor gameplay improvements. The things were moved around and swapped like fairy locations and one mask that would help in a certain area was moved to be found in that same area as opposed to being in a place you most likely wouldn't have explored until after you completed that certain area.

People claim that making saving easier makes things feel less dire but the game never feels that way too much. Letting you advance time to whenever you want gets around you have to sit around and wait on shit to happen but I only found myself having to do that twice. One of those instances leads to an item that grants you unlimited MP so if you plan on using that item multiple times then you'll probably get annoyed having to wait around so often.
The game isn't too hard to warrant its use though.
>>
>>4198784
>never got the unnerving feeling
Maybe it's because all of the music is dissonant and off-key, the sky is green, everything is dead, there's a timer, and you can literally see impending doom above your head at all times.
>>
>>4198769
It makes some good quality of life adjustments (more control over time so there's a lot less waiting around), but makes some drastic changes to the atmosphere that're arguably for the worse and makes some other unnecessary changes to gameplay like simplified bosses and botched Zora swimming. Whether these outweigh the better changes are up to you, but I wouldn't recommend it for your fist playthrough.
>>
>>4198121
Link fell into a dream sequence with skull kid, and abandon child. The boss fight was the dream collapsing because skull kid couldnt crush clocktown. Whole thing is similar to links awakening
>>
>>4198121
majora boss fight is pretty hard with 3 hearts and no diety mask
>>
>>4198804
Not him but I haven't heard anything abot deku link changes before. Can you elaborate?
>>
This whole game feels like a bad acid trip. I actually can't believe it got released, just because of how different and experimental it is. Majora's Mask was a really bold, dangerous move on Nintendo's part.
>>
>>4198972
The deku bubble has a target arrow thingie to help you aim as opposed to there being nothing. The spin attack also has some added flair with roots growing out of it so it looks like an actual attack.
>>
>>4198759
Echoing this here - best Zelda and in my top 10, maybe even top 5 games of all time. I wish there was more to do but for what it is it's perfect in length and got enough to keep you busy.

I bought the 3DS version on release day and was really looking forward to it - especially after the OoT 3DS version. I sold it after two days, since I managed to 100% it. Almost nothing was changed. The updated bosses were cool and added a new challenge which wasn't in the original. but I would have loved a Master Quest version or even just a boss/mini-boss rush mode. The game's non-linear approach would make a boss rush mode difficult to administer, but that in itself would make the mode even better - which ruleset would you abide by, or could you create a custom set? Little things like that would have made it better over the changes we did get.

That being said, both are equally good for their own reasons so if you prefer better graphics grab the 3DS version, if you want something that's more of a challenge and a true race against time then grab the N64 version.

Alos, All Masks speedruns of this games are INSANE. The runs are a rarity in speedurnning in that everything single thing you do is timed to perfection and there's no downtime as a spectator. So much happens and it's incredible.

Here's a link to the speedrun done at SGDQ this year: https://youtu.be/P2jMLQjpiTY?t=16m20s
>>
*moonwalks about*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr3Haoi3YaQ
>>
>>4198769
3DS version is ideal if you don't own a CRT (and Wii or N64) to play it on. It's less faithful to the original than OoT3D in some ways, but it's a better port, not counting the lack of a Master Quest. The 3DS version has various improvements including Zora swimming which you'll be doing a lot of, and in general is more intuitive to get into. You get a teleport song early, the Bomber's Notebook as soon as you start as Link, and the save system/Song of Time variations are explained clearly from the beginning (whereas it was cryptic in the original). People will complain that they're not the same, but these are just pedantic fans who don't know the game well. It's fundamentally unchanged. The only thing is that the tension for reversing time to stay alive is now replaced by the tension of a continuous time-frame.
>>
>>4199210
I thought that was funny as fuck.
>>
>>4198694
Water temple you just stand in the corner of the room and z target and hookshot as the boss can't reach you. Easy but boring.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.